Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by iang000
6 hotels is easy since there are Econolodges and Rodeways around the corner from me that are about $32-35 a night...
There's a 850 min mile earn/hit this year, so your Wyndham Rewards hotel rate would have to be ~$75/nt+ min.

With 200 mile min to qualify as a hit, the rates would have to be ~$90/nt+ at 2 pts per dollar.

Last edited by boxo; Aug 25, 2011 at 4:11 am
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:07 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Originally Posted by boxo
There's a 850 min mile earn/hit this year, so your Wyndham Rewards hotel rate would have to be ~$75/nt+ min.
850 min is for a hotelpoint transfer.

200 min is for a hotelstay so you will be fine to book:

Wyndham rewards - airline miles:
Earn 500 airline miles for each qualifying stay at any participating Wyndham Hotels and Resorts or Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham hotels.

Last edited by maxbluebrosche; Aug 25, 2011 at 3:12 am
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by iang000
6 hotels is easy since there are Econolodges and Rodeways around the corner from me that are about $32-35 a night...
Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche
850 min is for a hotelpoint transfer.

200 min is for a hotelstay so you will be fine to book:

Wyndham rewards - airline miles:
Earn 500 airline miles for each qualifying stay at any participating Wyndham Hotels and Resorts or Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham hotels.
Right, I shouldn't have been posting at 2am.

My point to the other poster was meant to say the cheapie stays at EconoLodge and Rodeways aren't going to earn the minimum, unless it's Hawthorn.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:54 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Right, I shouldn't have been posting at 2am.

My point to the other poster was meant to say the cheapie stays at EconoLodge and Rodeways aren't going to earn the minimum, unless it's Hawthorn.
EconoLodge and Rodeway are part of Choice Hotels. Any stay, except in certain countries, earns 250 miles.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: AA-P, DL-Silver, Marriott-Plat, SPG-Plat, Hilton-Gold
thank you

Originally Posted by johndoe123
You can register here:

You can find a tracking spreadsheet here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...et-v1-0-a.html
Thank you for updated the post to include the link. You rock johndoe123!!!:-:

Last edited by silverhalide; Aug 25, 2011 at 6:40 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by iantowns
e-rewards obviously needs an invite from a sponsor.

Is there an easy(ish) way to obtain an invite I wonder?
I checked my email last night and had one from HHonors from a few days ago with a link to join. Maybe if you are a member you will have a similar email.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by iantowns
e-rewards obviously needs an invite from a sponsor.

Is there an easy(ish) way to obtain an invite I wonder?
You may see an invite in your e-miles account. Definitely work on e-miles as much as possible and hope for the best.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: US, UA, CO, AA, Delta
First time GS question about this line in the rules:
Earn 1 hit when you swap other points into Dividend Miles at points.com.

I have virtually no hotel points (78 in Hyatt and 985 in SPG) so I can't get the hit to transfer hotel points. But I have Best Buy and Frontier points in points.com I can swap for DM. Does that get me 1 hit or 2 hits (one for Best Buy swap and 1 for Frontier swap)?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by divmember
But I have Best Buy and Frontier points in points.com I can swap for DM. Does that get me 1 hit or 2 hits (one for Best Buy swap and 1 for Frontier swap)?
Just 1 hit for any Points.com swap into DM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:12 am

Through the link provided here on FT I registered but never got any confirmation. I did take a screen shot just in case. I have yet to receive an email from US about this promotion and cannot find it on the US website. I access the rules and FAQs through the link I got on FT.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by b1513
Through the link provided here on FT I registered but never got any confirmation. I did take a screen shot just in case. I have yet to receive an email from US about this promotion and cannot find it on the US website. I access the rules and FAQs through the link I got on FT.
I didn't get one either (not this year or last year). I took a screenshot just in case, but I'm not too worried about it. Just hold onto the screenshot if your GS points don't post.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I always wait until the day it begins to register. Then I usually wait 24 hours and start buying.

Anyway - what is Life Shield? I can't find it anywhere in the partner links pages. Another "coming soon" partner that may not ever materialize? (Audience Rewards didn't show up until November last year, as a similar example.)
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I always wait until the day it begins to register. Then I usually wait 24 hours and start buying.

Anyway - what is Life Shield? I can't find it anywhere in the partner links pages. Another "coming soon" partner that may not ever materialize? (Audience Rewards didn't show up until November last year, as a similar example.)
Good advice. Is there a cheap Audience Rewards hit? I recall there were $40 tickets last year or something like that. I have 450 Audicene Rewards points but I don't think there is any way to transfer.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by ejh25
Good advice. Is there a cheap Audience Rewards hit? I recall there were $40 tickets last year or something like that. I have 450 Audicene Rewards points but I don't think there is any way to transfer.
Several of us got Audience Rewards tickets as low as $7 last year for a poetry slam, including tax (wonder if we left that sold-out house empty), but even if that's not available this time, I'm sure there are very cheap show tickets and someone will post here, but let's consider diversifying our no-show events so we don't leave entire casts wondering why in the world their "sold-out" shows have one or two audience members.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche
not perfect, but I reconfigured the spreadsheet form last years GrandSlam, perhaps it still has some errors, but can be setup for your needs
FAB! Thanks a ton! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.