Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:51 pm

Trial Preferred Question

Hi -

I did not see this under the FAQs or discussed ...

If I sign up for Trial Preferred as one of my first hits, will the EQMS earned along the way count towards the mileage requirements needed to maintain it until the following February?

I am expecting a chunk of flying in Jan/Feb next year, and this way I can keep the status through then and earn a nice bit of bonus miles.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I did not see this under the FAQs or discussed ...

If I sign up for Trial Preferred as one of my first hits, will the EQMS earned along the way count towards the mileage requirements needed to maintain it until the following February?

I am expecting a chunk of flying in Jan/Feb next year, and this way I can keep the status through then and earn a nice bit of bonus miles.
PQMs earned through Grand Slam will not count towards your Trial Preferred requirements. Only PQMs earned by flying US Airways or US Airways Express count towards the Trial Preferred requirement.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Are we not getting carried away - it says 'Register now and start to earn hits September 14. Keep playing through November 14, 2011. '

Doesn't that mean hits don't count until 14 September?

(Think this means 1 days to get a hit and 100% bonus for puchase?)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
where do I find the links for the AAA offer? and some others that I can't find them listed on the main dividends page.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:24 pm

Sentry

The Sentry link from USAirways.com is broken, but even so, I checked Sentry's site and can't find anything on eligibility by state for rate quotes. Can NY residents get a quote and a hit? Anyone recall from last year? (I lived elsewhere last year.) Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:48 pm

Star flyer -- many thanks.

Markie, I agree with you.

I predict a big revenue day for USAir DM purchases September 14 and 15.

If people want, they might consider getting the USA Today early. Last year, It took a long time for their miles to post and I wound up hitting a foul ball.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:09 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
not perfect, but I reconfigured the spreadsheet form last years GrandSlam, perhaps it still has some errors, but can be setup for your needs:

Originally Posted by silverhalide
Last year a very generous FT member put together a spreadsheet to help people track their progress. I updated it with this year's information and made a few other tweaks that I thought were useful. I've uploaded it to Google Docs and put a link below for anyone else who wants to use it. Please PM any comments or issues to me and I will try to fix as quickly as possible.
US 2010 Grand Slam Tracking Spreadsheet
Bryan
http://www.file-upload.net/download-...m2011.xls.html
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Insurance hits in NYS

Originally Posted by NewArrival
The Sentry link from USAirways.com is broken, but even so, I checked Sentry's site and can't find anything on eligibility by state for rate quotes. Can NY residents get a quote and a hit? Anyone recall from last year? (I lived elsewhere last year.) Thanks.
New York residents could not get hits for insurance rate quotes last year. One of the companies didn't write insurance in NY at all; the other does and advertises here, but we still couldn't get anything.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by starflyer
What makes you certain that will work this year?
I'm not 100% sure. Most of these things will require a little experimentation. I'm more confident that a single bottle of wine will do the trick.

We shall see.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Markie
(Think this means 1 days to get a hit and 100% bonus for puchase?)
Yup, although technically I think it's 2 days (the 14th and the 15th). But who knows whether they will have another promo in the 6 weeks.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche
not perfect, but I reconfigured the spreadsheet form last years GrandSlam, perhaps it still has some errors, but can be setup for your needs:

Nice spreadsheet!

I have my own version from last year that I just updated. Its a bit simpler than maxbluebrosche's and I don't track costs but it's another alternative for those interested. It totals planned/earned/posted hits, and keeps track of how many bonus miles are earned (but not PQM since I don't care about them). For "hits" I'm not sure I am going to do "?" it turns the description green to remind me that I am still considering it. And if Planned = 0 (I know I won't be getting that one) it turns the whole row gray. And if "Posted" is less than "Actual" then it turns the cell yellow to remind me that I have unposted hits that might require followup. And the notes field is where I keep track of all the details. Enjoy

http://www.4shared.com/document/PLsZ...Slam_2011.html
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Trading hits:

Last year, a number of us traded amongst each other when we needed hits. The process was clunky (people posted "wants" in the main thread and then waited for a PM). Normally, CC is the place to trade, but the rules were loosened a bit for the promo.

Are we going to have an official policy on finding partners with whom to trade hits (share miles, hotel points, etc.)? I'm reluctant to suggest another sub-forum solely for this purpose, but it might be more expedient. My other suggestion was, for people who are interested, list your needs in your siggy and let people PM you so we don't clutter up the forum.

Okay, flame away.

Mike
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
i signed up for the GS2011 it said your signed up. But i didnt receive any confirmation email which i thought is odd.

How can i double check to make sure ?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
take a day or two to get email
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche

Maybe put one of these (preferably with costs) on google apps/spreadsheets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.