Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Missing "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Old IT issues appear to have been resolved. May still happen if a segment is not full synced such as after a change.

Some suggestions that have worked in the past are
-- try changing seat assignment
-- try emailing the itin to your self
-- try removing and re-entering FF account ( cannot do online, need to call or do at the airport)
-- remove / re-entering TTN on the reservation
The intent of all of these is to cause a refresh of the reservation, restoring the missing CPU flag

Some other reasons for no CPU flag or eligibility are
-- Two or more non-elites on the PNR
-- Lapchild on PNR, see United Website Not Showing Upgrade Option for Booked Itineraries (with lap child)
-- Basic Economy fare
-- Not an eligible flight - see MileagePlus upgrade regions and eligible fares
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Club/Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador

I have a handful of upcoming trips and just noticed that around half of them have one leg missing the "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon -- and the icon was there previously. These are all U.S. flights so there's no reason they shouldn't be there, and when I called United to ask about it, they said no one else has had that issue and that I should be on the upgrade lists as I normally would even though it's not there. Has anyone else experienced this today or recently? I know there have been other posts that say the icon is somewhat meaningless, but I was curious and found it rather odd.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Are you flying to or from JFK or HNL?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Club/Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Nope. MIA, BOS, LAX and some others..
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by kengstrom
I have a handful of upcoming trips and just noticed that around half of them have one leg missing the "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon -- and the icon was there previously. These are all U.S. flights so there's no reason they shouldn't be there, and when I called United to ask about it, they said no one else has had that issue and that I should be on the upgrade lists as I normally would even though it's not there. Has anyone else experienced this today or recently? I know there have been other posts that say the icon is somewhat meaningless, but I was curious and found it rather odd.
I just checked and some of mine are also missing. Looks like a glitch that hopefully doesn't mean anything.

And funny cause I just started a thread yesterday asking if this arrow was accurate. Doh.

Originally Posted by villox
I just checked and some of mine are also missing. Looks like a glitch that hopefully doesn't mean anything.

And funny cause I just started a thread yesterday asking if this arrow was accurate. Doh.
Aaaand just like that the one that was missing came back.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 5, 2013 at 4:43 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I have one for later this week that is missing. The ones for next week are there.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I have a 3 segments domestic booking and one of the segment doesn't show the
CPU eligible sign as well. I called and the agent said everything is fine.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:48 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
CPU Upgrade Arrows now Missing?

I just booked 4 tickets. Some tickets have no upgrade arrow on routes with F, others have 1 segment and the rest blank.

All domestic with F booked in Q, W , H , U.

Broken?

Today also I checked in on an upgraded flight in R and my boarding pass shows United Economy 2B, when I go to change my seat it show the FC cabin as Economy. Go figure. A320 and 739.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:07 pm

Seems like an issue that started today:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hlight=upgrade
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Gotta love that IT department.
Have 5 eligible UA flights booked. Last night all had the arrow. Tonight, 2 of them show it.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:32 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Chalk it up to another PSS snafu glitch as all of mine are missing as well
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
It might have had something to do with all the schedule changes last weekend...two of my arrows disappeared as well....maybe we'll get our arrows back next week (from Cupid of course ).
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I have a 5 segment trip this coming weekend. All segments had a ton of F and R space available. They have been clearing in a weird order. Sometimes when i check the blue arrow is there and sometimes it isn't.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:46 pm

Mine are missing as well. They were there a couple of days ago.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
Just checked my account... Funny... I have 2 arrows that shouldn't be there: NRT --> HKG and HKG --> NRT. I thought CPU's are not available on int'l flights. Not that it matters -- as a silver I'm usually around number 45 on the upgrade list anyways.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)
Originally Posted by mathgeek1978
Just checked my account... Funny... I have 2 arrows that shouldn't be there: --> and --> . I thought 's are not available on int'l flights. Not that it matters -- as a silver I'm usually around number 45 on the upgrade list anyways.
CPU is avail on intra-asia except NRT-SIN, NRT-BKK
(also not on HNL-GUM, though that's not intra-asia)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.