FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Missing "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1435548-missing-eligible-complimentary-premier-upgrade-icon.html)

kengstrom Feb 5, 2013 2:34 pm

Missing "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon?

I have a handful of upcoming trips and just noticed that around half of them have one leg missing the "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon -- and the icon was there previously. These are all U.S. flights so there's no reason they shouldn't be there, and when I called United to ask about it, they said no one else has had that issue and that I should be on the upgrade lists as I normally would even though it's not there. Has anyone else experienced this today or recently? I know there have been other posts that say the icon is somewhat meaningless, but I was curious and found it rather odd.

aacharya Feb 5, 2013 2:35 pm

Are you flying to or from JFK or HNL?

kengstrom Feb 5, 2013 2:36 pm

Nope. MIA, BOS, LAX and some others..

villox Feb 5, 2013 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by kengstrom (Post 20191469)
I have a handful of upcoming trips and just noticed that around half of them have one leg missing the "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon -- and the icon was there previously. These are all U.S. flights so there's no reason they shouldn't be there, and when I called United to ask about it, they said no one else has had that issue and that I should be on the upgrade lists as I normally would even though it's not there. Has anyone else experienced this today or recently? I know there have been other posts that say the icon is somewhat meaningless, but I was curious and found it rather odd.

I just checked and some of mine are also missing. Looks like a glitch that hopefully doesn't mean anything.

And funny cause I just started a thread yesterday asking if this arrow was accurate. Doh.

Originally Posted by villox (Post 20191496)
I just checked and some of mine are also missing. Looks like a glitch that hopefully doesn't mean anything.

And funny cause I just started a thread yesterday asking if this arrow was accurate. Doh.

Aaaand just like that the one that was missing came back.

gobluetwo Feb 5, 2013 2:42 pm

I have one for later this week that is missing. The ones for next week are there.

pigx5 Feb 5, 2013 2:47 pm

I have a 3 segments domestic booking and one of the segment doesn't show the
CPU eligible sign as well. I called and the agent said everything is fine.

dshafiee Feb 5, 2013 5:48 pm

CPU Upgrade Arrows now Missing?

I just booked 4 tickets. Some tickets have no upgrade arrow on routes with F, others have 1 segment and the rest blank.

All domestic with F booked in Q, W , H , U.

Broken?

Today also I checked in on an upgraded flight in R and my boarding pass shows United Economy 2B, when I go to change my seat it show the FC cabin as Economy. Go figure. A320 and 739.

edcho Feb 5, 2013 6:07 pm

Seems like an issue that started today:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hlight=upgrade

mrjay Feb 5, 2013 6:28 pm

Gotta love that IT department.
Have 5 eligible UA flights booked. Last night all had the arrow. Tonight, 2 of them show it.

goalie Feb 5, 2013 6:32 pm

Chalk it up to another PSS snafu glitch as all of mine are missing as well

PDXPremier Feb 5, 2013 7:08 pm

It might have had something to do with all the schedule changes last weekend...two of my arrows disappeared as well....maybe we'll get our arrows back next week (from Cupid of course :p).

CDKing Feb 5, 2013 7:11 pm

I have a 5 segment trip this coming weekend. All segments had a ton of F and R space available. They have been clearing in a weird order. Sometimes when i check the blue arrow is there and sometimes it isn't.

syzygy Feb 5, 2013 7:46 pm

Mine are missing as well. They were there a couple of days ago.

mathgeek1978 Feb 5, 2013 8:30 pm

Just checked my account... Funny... I have 2 arrows that shouldn't be there: NRT --> HKG and HKG --> NRT. I thought CPU's are not available on int'l flights. Not that it matters -- as a silver I'm usually around number 45 on the upgrade list anyways.

poverty.jet.set Feb 5, 2013 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by mathgeek1978 (Post 20193163)
Just checked my account... Funny... I have 2 arrows that shouldn't be there: --> and --> . I thought 's are not available on int'l flights. Not that it matters -- as a silver I'm usually around number 45 on the upgrade list anyways.

CPU is avail on intra-asia except NRT-SIN, NRT-BKK
(also not on HNL-GUM, though that's not intra-asia)