Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:15 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UnitedEF
Originally Posted by goalie
all registered now i just have to find 49,242 eqms for roughly $1,000 (or less)
11/7 SFO - BOS $239.20, 10,816 EQM's. Five of those puppies and you are finished. Same day trip.
thanks ^. looking now

Originally Posted by MP Premier
GO! GO! Goalie!! Time to send a case of Tootsie Pops to WHQ and MP service center?
i'd rather send a bucket of brains to the bomb-design-team
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by Biff98
- I thought the change fee was $150, is it $50 more for international?
International change fees vary; many can be $250.
- Is it worth it? Essentially 6000 more EQM's (connection vs direct) towards status + towards my E-500 collection.
EQMs do not count towards e500s; those are based on BISM only.
- Is it possible I could go standby?
Standby is not allowed on int'l flights.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Stackable for Australians?

So this has a different Promo code than the Australian double/triple EQM promotion, which still runs until October 15, and there's no T&C's that I can see that disallow receiving EQM's from both.

Anyone want to bet on the chances both promos will count for flights between September 3rd and October 15th?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tony2x
So apologies if I missed this question already but with the DEQM posting 4-6 weeks after travel if you flew in December say would the EQM count towards next year or post on your 2009 balance?
The additional EQM's for the current Australian double EQM promo started posting a few weeks ago, and new ones seem to be posting a few days after the flight, despite the conditions saying the same thing above about 4-6 weeks. (which would have them posting mid/late November)

It's possible that they will do the same here and actually add the EQM's through the promotion, which will mean even earlier status for most people and reduce most of the end-of-year issues which might otherwise occur.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects
Originally Posted by PTSBrian
I must be the only person in the world for whom this will accomplish nothing. I was set to finish the year at about 53K EQMs with 47 EQS, including 7K EQMs and 14 EQS remaining. Even with those doubled, I don't even get up to the next Elite Choice threshold, much less to 1K status.

Now if they'd let us apply these to our 2010 totals, that would be a great promotion!

Oh well.
Nope, it doesn't do a thing for me either. Like you say, EQMs next year is what I wanted. I'm going to fly 6K miles for the CR-1s and that's it for 2009.

For all the people who moaned about all the new 1Ks during the spring promo, I was glued to FT through that because it was my first time. There are LOTS more 1Ks coming out this promo, judging from the last three hours.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Essentially, UA has thrown up its proverbial hands out of frustration in hopes of keeping it's loyal/elite flying base when nobody is flying.
Exact-i-matico!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:45 pm

How you found it?

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
Just curious - how did you find this offer? I'm 1K, GS and have not received any notification of this offer and it's not visible to me under 'my promotions'
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:46 pm

If there's any chance UA might add a fourth "published" elite tier next year it might be worth it to push for 1.5K as insurance.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
This is pleasant news...this will bring me to over 200K for this year... just flying what I already have purchased.

The flying starts in the morning

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ACVBear
hmm so by my calcs instead of ending around 40k-50k (well 40k for sure but was thinking of hitting some mileage runs to make 1p for the first time ever...) I will now be pushed to somewhere around 70k eqm...

not so sure I can afford to push for 1k but man i've never been so close... makes it look tempting...
If you make it to 70K then I would push ahead to at least 75K in order to get your 3P nomination from Elite Choices.

Need some more advice -- So 1P hotline just quoted me $208 -- $200 change fee + $8 fare diff to rebook....

- I thought the change fee was $150, is it $50 more for international?
- Is it worth it? Essentially 6000 more EQM's (connection vs direct) towards status + towards my E-500 collection.
- Is it possible I could go standby?

I travel internationally very infrequently so I don't really know the ins and outs, and the rules can be quite different. Thanks for any help.
If you decide to exchange your Lufthansa ticket to a United ticket, be careful of the fact that the T & C of the DEQM offer say that the ticket must be an e-ticket. An e-ticket can be issued during the exchange but you should be sure that you don't get a paper ticket because of the original routing was with another airline.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by goalie
all registered now i just have to find 49,242 eqms for roughly $1,000 (or less)
I'm so happy that I didn't book my trip to DFW in October. Methinks I may be flying JFK/SFO/DFW etc etc.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton HHonors Glod
If there hadn't been such promotion, I wouldn't have maintained my status.

^^^

Current I have 60K EQM, and only expect to have 20K miles booked in the remaining year. I once debated if I will do MR to keep my status. Now no worry at all.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by tony2x
So apologies if I missed this question already but with the DEQM posting 4-6 weeks after travel if you flew in December say would the EQM count towards next year or post on your 2009 balance?
These always apply to the year in which they were earned, not the year in which they post. So all EQMs will be applied to status earning in 2009 for the 2010/11 elite year.

Boy, those Red Carpets are going to have to get longer next year. And I'll be one of the new 1Ks on them! Thanks UA...and AA!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:59 pm

AU DEQM

Originally Posted by docbert
The additional EQM's for the current Australian double EQM promo started posting a few weeks ago, and new ones seem to be posting a few days after the flight, despite the conditions saying the same thing above about 4-6 weeks. (which would have them posting mid/late November)

It's possible that they will do the same here and actually add the EQM's through the promotion, which will mean even earlier status for most people and reduce most of the end-of-year issues which might otherwise occur.
Where would one find the AU DEQM promotion? I have a "double miles" promotion for AU but not seeing an AU DEQM promotion ...

How does one discover these promotions? They're not showing up for me on the promotions section under air or under my promotions and i don't seem to get any such offers ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.