Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
1K...it's the new 2P.

United must be desperate for cash.
More like bleeding cash!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1K In Sight!

Wow, I got 60K+ EQM so far and have given up on flying UA the rest of the year (*A Gold is OK with me) and using an award for a trip to Asia. With this, I think I will buy a ticket and pretty sure I can make 1K.

If only this was offered with a rollover feature like Marriott...

I don't think UA has a choice since AA started it.

I just hope no swine flu in the fall to ruin my plans...
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:51 pm

hooooray

I am totally going to make 1k this time... although as somebody has already said - now 1k = 1p or 2p even.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:56 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
This is definitely good news, but I also regret having credited a lot of *A (non-UA) flights to MP. Earlier this year I was doing very careful calculation to credit just enough miles to MP to make 1k. Of course with this DEQM I'll have more than 1.5k on MP. I should have credited some *A flight to another program, e.g., AC.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: OP Platinum, UA 1K
The general cut-back in business travel more than offsets DEQM promotions. Very few people off of this forum will add travel to their plans just to get EQMs. I would bet the actual affect is much more that GMs become 2Ps than 1Ps become 1Ks.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Well, with my currently planned/booked travel this will put me at 111k EQM instead of 106k EQM. In other words, not close enough to any other milestone to make a difference.

How about roll-over EQMs? That could convince me to fly a bit more than planned

Programs: UA - GENERAL MEMBER, DL - GENERAL MEMBER, etc.
Just verifying the following -- This is only good on UA or UX metal correct?

I've got a DEN-FRA leg on Lufthansa, who is a *A member, but they're more than just a *A partner with United usually. Any thoughts on whether DEQM will apply to this leg? I'm pretty sure the answer is no...

Thanks.

Programs: UA - currently w/o status :(
Originally Posted by MP Premier
16. Offer not valid on government fares.
What is a government fare? I'm looking at ORD-SIN, but it books into K class. According to this list of booking codes, K can be a reduced fare Government contract. If I'm going to try for 1K, I want to make sure the flights get credit
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by Gantless
What is a government fare? I'm looking at ORD-SIN, but it books into K class. According to this list of booking codes, K can be a reduced fare Government contract. If I'm going to try for 1K, I want to make sure the flights get credit
K worked out fine during the last DEQM for those of us who went to SYD....

Hmmm so im at 60k EQM for the year now, was already planning on booking 10k more (all during that period), which brings me to ~80k. Pretty close to 1k
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Originally Posted by Biff98

I've got a DEN-FRA leg on Lufthansa, who is a *A member, but they're more than just a *A partner with United usually. Any thoughts on whether DEQM will apply to this leg? I'm pretty sure the answer is no...

Thanks.
UA metal only if history is repeating itself. I haven't looked at the T&C's but it only makes sense that UA would give DEQM on their metal only.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Starbucks Gold
I must be the only person in the world for whom this will accomplish nothing. I was set to finish the year at about 53K EQMs with 47 EQS, including 7K EQMs and 14 EQS remaining. Even with those doubled, I don't even get up to the next Elite Choice threshold, much less to 1K status.

Now if they'd let us apply these to our 2010 totals, that would be a great promotion!

Oh well.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:04 pm

Gotcha -- man I'm thinking about rebooking to a UA-operated leg :-) Never saw this coming... It would get me more E-500's and of course the 100% bonus on the EQM's... Ok, I'm going to call and see how much it would cost.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by Gantless
What is a government fare?
If you don't work for the government, this is not something you have to worry about. While a K fare can be a gov't fare, only gov't employees can book those (and only through their gov't-approved travel agency). Non-gov't people can't "accidentally" book a gov't fare, so you don't have to worry about it.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
Originally Posted by Biff98

Thanks.
Originally Posted by halothane
UA metal only if history is repeating itself. I haven't looked at the T&C's but it only makes sense that UA would give DEQM on their metal only.
Here's your answer, both of you are right:
Originally Posted by MP Premier
19. Offer valid on flights operated by United and United Express®. Offer not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers or on Star Alliance flights.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:12 pm

Need some more advice -- So 1P hotline just quoted me $208 -- $200 change fee + $8 fare diff to rebook....

- I thought the change fee was $150, is it $50 more for international?
- Is it worth it? Essentially 6000 more EQM's (connection vs direct) towards status + towards my E-500 collection.
- Is it possible I could go standby?

I travel internationally very infrequently so I don't really know the ins and outs, and the rules can be quite different. Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.