Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
IME it has been very straight forward and repeatable.

Standard RDMs and EQMs post as they have always have -- usually with a day or so of the flight )anyway from a few hours to 30 hours for UA metal).

DEQMs post on Friday AM (roughly 7 AM-12 noon Eastern Time Zone) for flights that posted regular RDM/EQMs by mid Thursday that week. So sometimes a Thursday flight is caught, sometimes not. Just need to wait til Friday. (Remember UA only promised posting in 4 to 6 weeks, appears they are easily besting that).

Sure there been a few exceptions but the above seems to reflect the majority experience of those that have posted on FT and matches my personal experience.
Actually in my case it looks like no DEQM ever posted during the period of the promos, and they haven't posted since it ended either ... FWIW The regular EQM/EQS have posted on my account within 48hrs of flight.
Does anyone know of a way to actually see if a given flight has been processed for DEQM ?

(It would be nice for UA to provide a way to view one's registered promos and some kind of "expert" mode display for the mileage plus transactions that would show the details associated with promos etc ...)
Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:43 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pbr6891
Actually in my case it looks like no DEQM ever posted during the period of the promos, and they haven't posted since it ended either ... FWIW The regular EQM/EQS have posted on my account within 48hrs of flight.
Does anyone know of a way to actually see if a given flight has been processed for DEQM ? ...
Other than looking at the Total YTD EQM, there is no way to determine anything about EQMs -- regular or double EQMs.
You will need to call MP CS to ask for details.

If your DEQMs have not posted, have you seen any positive indication that you were registered for the promotion (MPW049 or MPW059)? (Also remembering on UA metal travel counts.)

Suggest (once this East Coast travel mess clams down) calling MP Customer Support.

Originally Posted by pbr6891
.....(It would be nice for UA to provide a way to view one's registered promos ....
www.united.com/mypromotions, link is on Mileage Plus page of the www.united.com

BTW, the Fall DEQM no longer shows since the promo has ended.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 20, 2009 at 2:59 am Reason: merge
Old Dec 20, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Other than looking at the Total YTD EQM, there is no way to determine anything about EQMs -- regular or double EQMs.
You will need to call MP CS to ask for details.

If your DEQMs have not posted, have you seen any positive indication that you were registered for the promotion (MPW049 or MPW059)? (Also remembering on UA metal travel counts.)

Suggest (once this East Coast travel mess clams down) calling MP Customer Support.

www.united.com/mypromotions, link is on Mileage Plus page of the www.united.com

BTW, the Fall DEQM no longer shows since the promo has ended.

I would get on the phone and call MP CS as soon as possible, since there are not that many days left in 2009.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by Gizmoe1164
I've been a 1K with United for several years 6 to be exact. I'm a US Government Employee. United has lots of various "Promotions" throughout the year, including DEQM/DEQS's, non of which are applicable to those of us who travel on mandated government contract tickets. This policy does not sit too well with myself and my co-workers, as we deem it discriminatory. So United bids on the Government Contract, gets all that "Government Business" albeit at a somewhat reduced cost, and then United sticks it to us Gov't travelers by denying us the perks afforded to the rest of United travelers, 1K or not.

Gary:
As a US tax payer, I appreciate you saving all the money you can for me. I believe most government fares book into full-Y, so you should get 150% EQM all the time. Less than 1.5% of my EQM this year were in full-Y earning 150% EQM.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sapguy
I would get on the phone and call MP CS as soon as possible, since there are not that many days left in 2009.
Sooner is better but have until mid-January (or later to get straighten out). January 14th is cutoff for Elite Choice (standard & Yearend).
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:49 am

there used to be a way to automatically register for ual promotions...any ideas on how that can be done again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.