Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

It's so depressing to see that zero.... [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's so depressing to see that zero.... [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Question I'm sure this is somewhere......

....but what happens if you take several flights in the last few days of the year, and the amount of EQM once posted would put you over the threshold for an "Elite Choice Reward", (35,000) will you still get it? Is there any way to see you EQMs from 2009 now that the accounts have reset?

And yes...... sad to see that 0... But it's also kind of a blank canvas!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:34 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Paella747
.... but what happens if you take several flights in the last few days of the year, and the amount of EQM once posted would put you over the threshold for an "Elite Choice Reward", (35,000) will you still get it?...
yes -- the t&cs specifically allow for posting of 2009 EQMs until January 14th to cover this situation
Originally Posted by Paella747
....Is there any way to see you EQMs from 2009 now that the accounts have reset? ...
Online - no. Calling maybe but not sure I would bother -- this is a situation that has been handled for years.

Only red flag would be the EQMs were to show (as 2010). If this unlikely situation occurred than I would call.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
As with everyone else, my totals are also both at zero.

Here is hoping I am extremely busy this year. In the past when I traveled, I was a part of the field service division for a technical services company that required me to travel nearly every week. At least my product skill-set mandated this (unlike many of my peers who chose to specialize in one segment of the product line). I was virtually guaranteed anywhere from 35 to 45 domestic trips annually and padded my segments to made sure I make 1K by September or October. For example, I would add SFO or PDX when I flew DEN-SEA. This would double my segment total which is good for the EQS. I also booked at least a B fare on the return due to probable change in return time and/or date. I would usually get another 20-30 "segments" a year when adding the 1/2 segment for the return fare.

I started my own company this year (being laid off from my last company). I have not traveled much in the past 4 years (35K business BIS miles) so I only have my 1P status as a MM flyer. If I am really busy then it means I am traveling somewhere. If I can book 25 or 30 projects (jobs) this year then I am sitting pretty good for 1K. However, I will probably not be booking a B (or higher) fare unless I have absolutely no choice. So I am hoping for another year of being a segment 1K (UGS is probably not in the cards for me again).
Old Jan 2, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Never saw the 0. My first flight of the year was ORD-OMA at 940am on 1/1 and it had posted by the time I first looked at my account today. 500 still is a bit of shock though. At least I crossed the .8MM threshold.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:31 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm already anticipating the depression.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I'm already anticipating the depression.
Not me. I see the challenge in it.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
As do I. This three year 1P already has 45K booked for the first quarter of 2011. Reset that baby and let's push hard for 1K.

Chris
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Gold
Here's hoping I get rid of that zero before March this year.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Auld Lang Syne 2010, Happy reset for 2011

All zeros .... time to start the race again
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:29 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Auld Lang Syne 2010, Happy reset for 2011

All zeros .... time to start the race again
Indeed, and I for one am hoping for DEQM, though I suppose I dealt without it in 2010.

Interestingly enough, for a while even past midnight CST, I still had my 2010 miles showing along with this message:

"We are working behind the scenes to improve the elite status tracker. Check back soon to track your way to higher elite status and benefits."

That message still shows, but it is indeed into zeros now.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
...Interestingly enough, for a while even past midnight CST, I still had my 2010 miles showing along with this message:

"We are working behind the scenes to improve the elite status tracker. Check back soon to track your way to higher elite status and benefits."...
The improved tracker coming message started earlier on the 31st http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...m-changes.html
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The improved tracker coming message started earlier on the 31st http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...m-changes.html
This seems not to be implemented on some (all?) of the country-specific sites. But now that I check, there is really quite a lot about the country sites that have a different look and feel than united.com.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
And now it's true... I have flown zero EQMs/EQS!

Seems a lot further to get to 150K from here, although I already have 28K booked..
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
As do I. This three year 1P already has 45K booked for the first quarter of 2011. Reset that baby and let's push hard for 1K.

Chris
Ten four to that. Went from GM to 1P in 4 months this year on increased work travel + the FT bug and wanting to "round up" to the next level by end of year. I only have 22k booked for Q1, but there will be some additional unexpected trips I'm sure. The way the year is looking at this point, the only question about hitting 1K will be, do I need to visit my buddy in Melbourne for Christmas next year or not?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
Does anyone know when the new SWU balance will show up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.