Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

It's so depressing to see that zero.... [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2002, 1:18 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

To log onto my Mileage Summary on UAL.com and see "0" miles year-to-date.

[This message has been edited by cblaisd (edited 01-01-2002).]
Old Jan 1, 2002, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
You really know how to kill the holiday spirit. . .
Old Jan 1, 2002, 1:31 am

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Thanks to another poster's suggestion, I printed out my 2001 totals -- from your post, I guess it was just in the nick of time.

Anyway, I already have 7 trips booked thru the end of February, so the segments will start to add up again.
Old Jan 1, 2002, 2:09 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DADISGARYK:
Thanks to another poster's suggestion, I printed out my 2001 totals -- from your post, I guess it was just in the nick of time. </font>
I think that the 2001 total will still be available this year (I just tested it), but you can no longer get details/total for the year 2000, even though the year 2000 is still listed on the pick-list. Trying to select a total for 1/1/00 to 1/31/00 brings up a message that that period has no flight activity. [/B][/QUOTE]

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Anyway, I already have 7 trips booked thru the end of February, so the segments will start to add up again.
</font>
You're ahead of me; only 5 segments booked so far

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Law Lord:
You really know how to kill the holiday spirit. . . </font>
Well, to feel better and bring back some holiday spirit, I did do the quarterly update (twice) on my Hilton profile and got the 2000 HHonors points, so not all is depressing on the mileage/points game in the first hour of the West Coast New Year

[This message has been edited by cblaisd (edited 01-01-2002).]
Old Jan 1, 2002, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some folks who had their status extended for 2002 also talked of receiving 2,500/5,000 Status miles for 2002 qualification. Let us know when those status miles post.
Old Jan 1, 2002, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cblaisd:
To log onto my Mileage Summary on UAL.com and see "0" miles year-to-date. </font>
I was just thinking the same thing.
Old Jan 1, 2002, 8:49 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cblaisd:
It's so depressing.... to log onto my Mileage Summary on UAL.com and see "0" miles year-to-date. </font>
If you flew CO during the double elite miles promo during 2001 - which also appears to have counted toward ones status in 2002 - you would not be experiencing this depression. I was actually quite elated this morning when I signed into my OP Elite Status Report to see that I already have a chunk of miles for 2002.

Infact, I've already qualified for PLAT for 2003 on this, the first day of January 2002!

I guess one FTer's misery is another FTer's ecstacy!
Old Jan 1, 2002, 8:54 am

Yeah, but you've got twelve whole months to requalify! And even if you don't make it by then, UA will probably just extend everyone's status another year anyway.
Old Jan 1, 2002, 9:47 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
tvl4free, your CO "2002" Elite Status mileage will disappear in the night soon, happens every year.
Old Jan 1, 2002, 10:04 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Wadda ya mean snake? Got a question 4 ya. Could ya e-mail me privately?
Old Jan 1, 2002, 10:37 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
How ironic!

On Jan. 1, 2001, I posted an almost identical thread to this one.

And, PremEx posted the sage response that this presents just another challenge, another opportunity, to do what we all love so much.

Let's get out and FLY!
Old Jan 1, 2002, 10:37 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tvl4free:
If you flew CO during the double elite miles promo during 2001 - which also appears to have counted toward ones status in 2002 - you would not be experiencing this depression. I was actually quite elated this morning when I signed into my OP Elite Status Report to see that I already have a chunk of miles for 2002.

Infact, I've already qualified for PLAT for 2003 on this, the first day of January 2002!

I guess one FTer's misery is another FTer's ecstacy!
</font>
The info on the OP website is not updated instantaneously. When I logged into my OP account this morning, it indicated that I had 90,000 status miles for 2002. Once I called InfoPass, it stated in no uncertain terms that my 2002 Elite Mileage Balance is ZERO.
Old Jan 1, 2002, 10:49 am

That "0" counter will no longer read "0" next week. I'll be flying on Jan 9!

And by Feb 4, it'll read 46,XXX

------------------
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old Jan 2, 2002, 10:18 am

"My Mileage Plus" still has 2001 counts on it. Also, the January promos are listed but not active yet.
Old Jan 2, 2002, 10:36 am

Programs: UA LifetimeGS, DL LifetimePM, HH Dia, Bonvoy Ambassador, IHG Plat, Avis Chairman, Hertz Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by *HighFlyah*:
That "0" counter will no longer read "0" next week. I'll be flying on Jan 9!

And by Feb 4, it'll read 46,XXX

</font>
Keep that up and you could break the 300k barrier for 2002! I'll have 27,XXX by 2/20, but am finding the well dry with company travel for the rest of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.