Wiki Posts
Search

who gives me my miles UA or AA ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2001, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Usairways Silver
who gives me my miles UA or AA ?

I managed to get UA to rebook me on AA for one of the segments of my trip due to a cancelled flight and unacceptable schedule change...(It pays to quote rule 240!) Now 3 of 4 segments are on UA and one segment is on AA...So my question is...will I get AA miles for the leg I have on AA? AA says probably not...anyone know what the rules are on this ??
Old Oct 23, 2001, 6:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Klineact:
will I get AA miles for the leg I have on AA?</font>
Present your AAdvantage card at the check-in for the AA segment, and you'll get AA miles for it (make sure you are registered for the double promo on all the airlines, just in case your flights are rebooked).
Old Oct 23, 2001, 6:12 pm

Be sure to register ALL your FF #'s (courtesy of Watchful and chexfan).
Old Oct 24, 2001, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If this was a rule 240 situation you should be able to get the miles on both airlines. Submit your AAdvantage card for the AA flight. After you finish the trip call Mileage Plus and tell them what happened (don't tell them you got AA miles on the AA leg) and you will be credited for the cancelled UA leg.
Old Oct 24, 2001, 9:46 am

I don't know if my situation is totally analagous, but I was involuntarily rebooked from AA to UA for my outbound this past summer due to schedule problems.

UA was happy to give the miles, although they refused to apply any bonuses since my ticket was originally from AA, even though I used my best legal skills to explain to them that someone somewhere had paid for the ticket and it wasn't like UAL let me ride for free! AA only gave me miles for the AA flights I had missed after about an hour on the phone with AAdvantage CS; I was told that it was not normal policy, but since I hda had several problems with AA on my trip, they were extending me a special courtesy. Don't know how this works the other way around.
Old Oct 24, 2001, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
The one time that UA put me on an AA flight ages ago, I had no problem with getting the UA miles. There was a short form to submit to UA with the cancelled flight number and they credited the miles. If I'd had a AA account at the time, I figure I'd have gotten those miles too. According to AA program rules on their website, you do not get AA miles for cancelled flights but it's nice to see the occasional exception made.

------------------
Regards,
- Anna
Old Oct 24, 2001, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Usairways Silver
Thanks for the info everyone, although I wont be flying AA after all it may come in handy at some point...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/008567.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.