Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

"Upgrade Waitlisted" to "Upgrade Denied" - What Does This Mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Upgrade Waitlisted" to "Upgrade Denied" - What Does This Mean?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Sweet! I hope our upcoming flights to/from Hawaii clear.
Me, too - have an MR to HNL via LAX scheduled for January 13th . . .
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:33 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Did you call the TSA and see if you on the no upgrade list?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I've had the same issue before because of a schedule change. The schedule change was for just 1 minute and the schedule automatically confirmed me on it but the old flight was never removed so I was essentially double booked. The 1K agent told me thats what happened and cleaned up my PNR. As soon as she did, my upgrade showed up as waitlisted.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:50 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Good job!

I've found funny things happen on .bomb with upgrades, but generally if you call and ask Hal for "upgrades" and check the status, that info is the most correct...

Sometimes funny things happen to waitlisted upgrades with a schedule change...

My wife emailed me to tell me the weather was very nice on Maui today, and she could mow the lawn. It has been a wet & windy Holiday season! (I hesitate to use the word "cold", as that is a relative term...).
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
Good job!

My wife emailed me to tell me the weather was very nice on Maui today, and she could mow the lawn. It has been a wet & windy Holiday season! (I hesitate to use the word "cold", as that is a relative term...).
We have been here on Maui for a couple of days and no rain whatever.

Shame you are not in town this week for a drink! -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...4-5-6-7-a.html

As per the other thread upgrades REALLY are getting held back for Hawaii.

Our Jan 4 flight upgrades cleared about a day and a half out. First was full in the end.

We have Hawaii flights for FEB that are cleared already for upgrades, so a total crapshoot.

Glen
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I can corroborate your wife's story. Weather here in Maui is spectacular. I am headed back to the mainland tomorrow

As an aside, I, too am waitlisted for my OGG-SFO upgrade tomorrow, but it is showing 0-availability in all classes. Do I sense a bump opportunity arising? Hopefully so! Thoughts? At least I have 21A if my upgrade doesn't clear.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Confused

I stopped using MP a while back, but have quite a few miles that I am trying to use. I have an upcoming trip in late February HNL-LAX-SFO. I had a quick read on here and then called to waitlst for a mileage upgrade award.

The outcome was no great surprise - I was upgraded on the LAX-SFO straight away, but waitlisted on the HNL-LAX.

But I have a few questions...

- It's flight 84, the 767 overnight flight. I am listed as NC, but it's a two class plane, the other flight to SFO that cleared is NF. I'm confused. Is this right or have the call centre listed me on the wrong list. Why am I not waitlisted as NF not NC? (the seatmap shows a two class plane),

- the lady said if the HNL flight didn't clear, I could cancel the upgrade (inc. the SFO flight) and get the miles back - is that right?

- How late can I leave it before I lose the ability to cancel? I'm *G on BD but don't expect that this will count (it's also listed in my booking), so if (as I expect) it doesn't clear until the final stages (when status comes into play) I will just cancel.

Thanks for your help.

D
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Dan72
I am listed as NC, but it's a two class plane, the other flight to SFO that cleared is NF.
It shouldn't really matter. NC and NF are basically the same for 2-class planes.

Originally Posted by Dan72
- the lady said if the HNL flight didn't clear, I could cancel the upgrade (inc. the SFO flight) and get the miles back - is that right?

- How late can I leave it before I lose the ability to cancel?
You can cancel at the gate, as long as there is still at least one open Coach seat. You will get your miles back in a few days.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It shouldn't really matter. NC and NF are basically the same for 2-class planes.

You can cancel at the gate, as long as there is still at least one open Coach seat. You will get your miles back in a few days.
Thanks for a swift response. You clearly know your Mileage Plus! D
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
My upgrade for a flight from ORD to DEN on Monday is labeled denied in My Itineraries. First time I've seen this. No schedule change involved; more than a dozen seats in F open to book. I called CS, and the rep couldn't explain why or do anything about it. She just told me I'll have to wait until I get to the gate to see if I can get an upgrade. I was planning to work on the flight but need a power port.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by linsj
My upgrade for a flight from ORD to DEN on Monday is labeled denied in My Itineraries. First time I've seen this. No schedule change involved; more than a dozen seats in F open to book. I called CS, and the rep couldn't explain why or do anything about it. She just told me I'll have to wait until I get to the gate to see if I can get an upgrade. I was planning to work on the flight but need a power port.
why do you need a power port to work on an ord to den flight? perhaps you need a new laptop battery if it can't last a short flight like that.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Did you specifically ask about the size of the present waitlist? ORD-DEN is a fairly elite heavy route.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by linsj
Are you on UA245 (departing ORD at 09:01a)?

At F2 that seems like the only flight which may be troublesome to upgrade.

Everything else is F9...
Old Apr 25, 2009, 12:57 am

All depends on your luck too. I was upgraded for BOS - LAX on a F0 flight, using e500s. Me being only a 1P.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 6:16 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flybud123
why do you need a power port to work on an ord to den flight? perhaps you need a new laptop battery if it can't last a short flight like that.
Yes, I do. But this laptop is going to be retired soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.