Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Let's Eat! - 2009 Economy Class (Domestic and International) Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Eat! - 2009 Economy Class (Domestic and International) Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I miss hot breakfasts prior to landing. I had ordered a LFML, but it was not loaded so I was stuck with the famous indelible sandwich...
It was hard to erase that sandwich? Or it's so bad that it's hard to forget it?
Old May 25, 2009, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
It was hard to erase that sandwich? Or it's so bad that it's hard to forget it?

indelible, inedible--let's just say it wasn't good!
Old May 25, 2009, 3:22 pm

What does LFML mean?
Old May 25, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by JALlover
What does LFML mean?
Low Fat Meal??
Old May 25, 2009, 3:47 pm

Low Fat Meal??
then the L at the end represents..??
Old May 25, 2009, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JALlover
then the L at the end represents..??
the last letter of the word meal?

We don't make up the codes, the airline does. That's how it's printed on the cards that come with the meal, assuming one actually gets their special meal.
Old May 25, 2009, 3:55 pm

ML=Meal
Thus LFML = Low Fat MeaL
Old May 25, 2009, 3:59 pm

ok thanks!
sure is strange how they make it up, thought 3 alphabet would be enough
Old May 25, 2009, 4:08 pm

IATA makes up these codes. They also do the aiport codes too....
Old May 25, 2009, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Tried the fruit plate on BWI-SFO (UA 276) last month. It was surprisingly good, but wasn't worth $9 IMO.

I've given up on the snack boxes and just bring my own stuff now.
Old May 25, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by CDG1
I am doing a 2xeqm mileage run flying Munich-IAD-Buenos Aires tomorrow. I have pre-ordered Hindu meals on all flights both ways.

I will see how they are and will post when I return from the trip. I expect no miracles so I am going to take extra food with me plus whatever snippets from the LH Senator lounge in Munich.

I expect nothing from the RCC at IAD so I prefer to take my own stuff to eat on the flights.

United Economy + brings no miracles these days.
Hello, Just curious to hear how your meal service was IAD-EZE-IAD. Im flying that route next week and wanted to hear how the Hindu Meals were? Thanks..
Old May 25, 2009, 9:03 pm

Generally Hindu meals are more tasty than Chicken vs Pasta.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Was just on the IAD-GRU-GIG run this week and there was a change in the typical beef / chicken or pasta /chicken choice. It was still a beef selection, but it was meatloaf. Along with mashed potatoes and corn and the other standard fare. Balsamic vinaigrette dressing instead of the Italian. I enjoyed it.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:00 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
SIN-NRT

In case my upgrade doesn't clear (I think it will ^), what's currently being offered in Y for the listed Breakfast and Snack? TIA.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
This was from last year; I think UA804 is still catered as B/S so I would expect something similar.

Originally Posted by Kurt
Flight/Route: UA804/SIN-NRT
Aircraft/Seat: 777-200/22B
Departure Time/Duration: 7:20 a.m./6:30
Meal: Breakfast/Snack

I was hoping for an upgrade but it was the day after the Singapore Air Show ended so it wasn't to be. I was disappointed but the excellent service made this flight really enjoyable. A very sweet flight attendant named Audrey managed to spoil me, offering me a bulkhead seat if I wanted (I declined), calling me by name the whole flight, and bringing me nuts from F.

Breakfast was a choice of a noodle dish or a cheese omelet. After a week in Thailand I thought the Western choice sounded better:

This was an omelet filled with a mild cheese. It came with some potato slices, a chicken sausage and a tiny, cherry tomato. A bit of fresh fruit consisted of watermelon, winter melon, pineapple and a couple of red grapes: quite tasty. A small cup of orange juice was joined by a cup of coffee. The best part was a chocolate croissant that was actually quite delicious.

A few hours later I visited the galley and chatted with the crew. Audrey asked me if I fanced a drink and I chose a Kirin.

She brought it to my seat, along with a cup of warm nuts from F. They were quite tasty.

Soon after, the pre-arrival snack was served.

It was a couple of tea sandwiches (one chicken and tomato and the other something I can neither remember nor determine from the photo). A mini Twix bar, some red grapes and a cup of apple juice were also served.

I've enjoyed some great SIN-based crews in C before, but the service on the flight made Y pretty enjoyable. It actually was much better than C on UA890 to LAX a few hours later.
The NRT-based crews aren't quite as good, but they are better than their U.S. counterparts, on average.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.