Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Will UA restore the 500 mile minimums for elites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA restore the 500 mile minimums for elites?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
FWIW, CO and UA are receiving ink on this on page 2 of the Money section in today's USA Today. Continental's reaction to it's most loyal fliers is clearly outlined...and United's reaction is...nothing. They continue to leave us out in the cold. My second letter, pointing out the article and the fact I have already booked 2 flights on AS so far, is going out this afternoon. I will follow it up with a 'snail-mail' letter.
According to the blurb in the USA2Day, UA and US are lumped in the same category. Wow...what a difference a few years make.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:22 am

Please, I implore all of you to write today. Especially today due to the press this is getting. If it wasn't clear to you before that we are one and the same as that of US now, it should be painfully obvious. United needs to be more in line with it's partner airlines who are on their way up....not down.
Writing your letter will take no more than 5 minutes of your time.
For those of you who have written, I personally thank you. To those of you who have not, I ask you kindly to please write. I will thank you and your MP account will do so as well. Thank you to everyone involved in this effort. ^
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
email and snail mail sent
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
email sent to 1Kvoice. Even included an example of my flying SWA last weekend rather than UA because of lack of 500EQM min.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
sent one also
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
ExCrew, thanks for keeping this going. I'll be writing. Loss of 500-milers does impact me.

Cheers.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:47 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
would be great if they did.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:55 pm

UA response: <yawn> didn't even include the specific issue, as expected.

Thank you for being a loyal Premier member. Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your suggestion for theMileage Plus program. We appreciate and value customer comments as theyvalidate what is important to our members. Our marketing departmentevaluates new ideas and suggestions to enhance the program and to keepit interesting and meaningful for our members. I appreciate your taking the time to contact me.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1P
That is all I got as well
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
ExCrew, thanks for keeping this going. I'll be writing. Loss of 500-milers does impact me.

Cheers.
You're welcome. There are still a lot of us domestic only, road warrior types out here, and this is truly for all of them. I plan on bumping this thread several times a day until we get United to change its mind.
And I thank everyone for continued support. Let's get this changed guys!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ExCrew
... There are still a lot of us domestic only, road warrior types out here, and this is truly for all of them ...
Not necessarily. Although UK based, I fly UA domestic short sectors too, especially in CA (still in mourning after death of my favourite SNA-LAX).
It also affects short intra-EU flights on *A partners.
For quite some time UA doesn't give a monkey for alien MP members, but I'll write anyway. Just to be in peace with myself and other FTers.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:09 pm

Programs: Some good, some bad
I've got a few things to say to UA following this weekends trip in C(Z). As long as I am writing...
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Letter sent.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's interesting, because for 100% of my SFO-LAX trips (6 so far this year), UA has been the cheapest.
You must be buying well in advance. I usually only have a week or less notice -- my fares have been in the $260-300 range. VX is always lower.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by planeluvr
Letter sent.
Thank you, thank you! Keep them coming everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.