Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Will UA restore the 500 mile minimums for elites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA restore the 500 mile minimums for elites?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:23 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
e-mail sent
Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In addition to the excellent suggestions by jhayes_1780, I would suggest that anyone claiming that the loss of the minimum has caused them to book short, expensive flights (or long, expensive flights) with another airline send copies of those tickets via snail mail to whomever is in charge of the UA MP these days. Explain that the business is UA's to lose unless, like CO, they quickly see the error of their ways.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Bravo! Good work so far everyone. Please keep it up. We need to make this change for everyone's benefit...especially us Elites. UA needs to right this sinking ship. Wow....Almost spelled both of those with a 'T'.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Already sent
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:55 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Just sent my 0.02 on this to UA.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
This might get me to take another look at UA. I just did an abrupt about face & stayed where I was when they scrapped the 500-mile minimum on top of all the other bad vibes coming out of UA. Some assurances about UA's long-term viabilty would also help.

It would be nice to see that their stupidity has a floor.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM
I e-mailed them as well. I make weekly trips from SFO to the mid-west and points beyond, and getting 130-250 miles for a connection that takes two hours from waiting at the gate to board, takeoff and arrival seems hardly worth it. I could drive from ORD to some of my destinations with less hassle.

As for my east coast trips, they always seem to try to route me through LAX instead of nonstop. If I have to go that way it should be worth my while.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Sent my email to 1KVoice. And made sure it was proof-read and spelt-checked
Old Sep 24, 2008, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis 1st
Sent mine to 1K Voice yesterday.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:05 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Members, please, let's keep this thread focused on its topic of whether UA will restore the 500-mile minimum flight credit; and not on an extended discussion of writing style, grammar or which domicile of CSR can comprehend better or less ably than others. Off-topic posts have been deleted. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United forum.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
One more to PremierVoice
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I wonder what the tipping point with UA might be? What would finally make them decide if it's worth it to continue. Lately, as someone alluded to, UA has no ground floor on stupid decisions.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Making something a sticky is the surest way to get people to ignore the thread. I know I never even look at stickies in my normal course of browsing, and I don't think I'm alone there.
^^^
Likewise.

Also, I will be writing a letter. Everyone else, please do the same.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
That would be my 28th complaint letter this year alone.

Are you guys serious about UA not noticing that they competitors revoke their policies? I mean they can hardly miss CO going back to the old standards. But then, they might indeed be ignorant on how much we value our miles.
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
..Off-topic posts have been deleted. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United forum.
On an interesting side note: the new FT enginge does not produce an error message anymore when responding to a deleted post, instead it generates an empty quote .. it bewildered me mildly just now.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 7:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
We've been buying VX SFOLAX routes since the change and would gladly return to UA if miles 500 min restored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.