Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "p.s. Equipment Swap" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "p.s. Equipment Swap" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by as219
When this has happend to me, the flights were catered for F (got the F menu)
Honestly, I doubt it. I think you probably mistook what you saw for F service. The times this has happened to me, we've received the F menu, but the meal served was served on trays, with the domestic setup. Small salad. No appetizer. There is no way the domestic 757 galley could hold the full ps F service for 24 pax. I think you must have misunderstood.

As to what the OP is entitled to? I'd say the mileage difference and additional compensation. UA needs to learn they can't promise X and provide Y without consequences. They're far too laxidasical about this. EWR-SFO is $600 one way. JFK-SFO is $1300 one way in C and $2500 one way in F. They can't sell JFK service and provide EWR service without giving SUBSTANTIAL compensation.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
If I was on a paid C/F fare I demand to be put on AA, there is no cert that can make up the difference between domestic F and ps F.

for award ticket you should get the 7.5K miles back, still sucks though.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Honestly, I doubt it. I think you probably mistook what you saw for F service. The times this has happened to me, we've received the F menu, but the meal served was served on trays, with the domestic setup. Small salad. No appetizer. There is no way the domestic 757 galley could hold the full ps F service for 24 pax. I think you must have misunderstood.
* both times I was on the 6am-ish breakfast flights -- can't speak to lunch/dinner
* received and ordered from F menus -- once before the "enhancement" (i.e., we had choice of 3 entrees, eggs, pancakes, fruit), once after (i.e., musli for "first course" then three entree choices after -- lox offered, but not sorbet)
* don't remember the trays
Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Wow - lots of folks at JFK tomorrow - including myself (flight 53 to LAX). I'm just hoping the overnight snow won't screw up the schedule.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
I was booked on UA 6 SFO-JFK this morning, checked in the day before with my C seat. I walked up to the gate this morning and noticed a grey 757 - hmmm, don't remember ever seeing a grey p.s. 757. Checked at the gate - sure enough, I've been reassigned to an F seat on the downgraded 2-class plane.

I noticed on the way to the gate that UA 4 had been delayed for two hours, so both now had identical departure times of 8am. I asked if they could put me on that flight in C, they called the gate to verify that they had seats and that the delay was not going to be any later and sent me on my way.

So I get handed a C BP, walk on to the plane and... wait a second, this is a 767!

Still happy with my decision - would much rather be in C on an int'l 767 than in F on a 2-class 757 - but I was really looking forward to plugging in my laptop so I was a bit annoyed.

Any way we can find out which flights are being affected? Sure seems like a lot of them. I'm on UA 17 Sun evening and really looking forward to a nice comfy trip watching DVD's.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daslax
Still happy with my decision - would much rather be in C on an int'l 767 than in F on a 2-class 757 - but I was really looking forward to plugging in my laptop so I was a bit annoyed.
C on int'l 767s have Empower. In fact, it's much more reliable than F on 2-class 757s. I'm not sure why you're annoyed?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UNITED959
C on int'l 767s have Empower. In fact, it's much more reliable than F on 2-class 757s. I'm not sure why you're annoyed?
Perhaps, planning on a p.s. flight, he left the empower adapter at home and only brought the 110v adapter.

I've been guilty of this...once.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djerikd
Perhaps, planning on a p.s. flight, he left the empower adapter at home and only brought the 110v adapter.

Ahh, yes. Although I always have my iGo Juice bag of tricks with me.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by djerikd

Correct, trying to travel light and having round trip flights on p.s. I opted to leave empower at home. Alas, battery only lasted a couple of hours and I was forced to find something to entertain myself from the current abysmal film line-up on the PTV's.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Coach on a regular 757 would be an upgrade. This bird has E+
Old Jan 18, 2008, 3:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I already have my upgrade for United PS this sunday from JFK to SFO so I better not get downgraded - I'll be pissed.

-Kevin
Old Jan 18, 2008, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by A.d.a.m.NYC
Just did OLCI for my previously-upgraded PS flight to SFO tomorrow morning. Noticed that I was confirmed in First (row 3) and was thrilled at the mistake (and or the OP-UP). Later I pull up the seat map and noticed that it is going to be a standard 2 class 757.
But the 2 class 757 has 6 rows of first, doesn't it? Row three should be in F, or what did I miss?
Old Jan 18, 2008, 7:44 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
BJ is correct. Actual catering is determined by both route and equipment type used on that route. The catering will have some variations for a 757 2-cabin F galley than a 757 3-cabin F galley.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Flew United PS yesterday - plane swapped from a PS 757 to a 767 or 757 [Merged]

Flew United 14 yesterday from SFO to JFK.

Instead of being "downgraded" to a stock 757 like some have been reporting, we swapped for a 767. They still brought the PS meal service onboard. So the only thing missing, from what I could tell, was the noise canceling headsets / DVD players (in business class) and the standard 110V laptop power port.

Is this common to swap to a 767? the plane was pretty empty. I can't tell if that is because nobody wanted to fly during the Packers/Giants game or because they sold enough seats to fill a 757 and ended up flying a 767. I was pissed at first, but once I saw they were bringing the meal service over, I was calmed haha.

So I've read lots of posts about United downgrading their PS service to standard 757s. This is only the first or second mention i've seen about the 767 swap... but what's the deal? What's wrong with their PS planes right now?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:29 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I thought I read somewhere else on this board that vertical stabilizer of one of the P.S. planes was seriously damaged in LAX last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.