Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "p.s. Equipment Swap" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "p.s. Equipment Swap" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:01 am
Suspended

A significant upgrade in all cabins, even for old config 763-300
Old May 8, 2009, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Exclamation Equip Swap on 5/9's UA5 (JFK-SFO) -- 57P -> 67I

Anyone planning to fly early tomorrow morning JFK-SFO might want to get there just a little bit earlier tomorrow... The 6am flight (UA5) has just had an equip swap to the new-config 767! ^ It really must have just happened... I OLCI'd this morning and picked my usual p.s. seat (6D). Several hours later, I changed my mind and wanted to see if anything in Row 9 was available...only to see the swap.

It must be a problem with an existing 57P rather than field-testing the last of the 67Is out of GSO, because there is no turn-around as in the past (i.e., there are no 67Is headed back to JFK on Saturday).

As nice a start to the morning as one can have out of JFK
Old May 8, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I flew in last night on UA14, which was the SFO-JFK that had the equipment swap from the normal plane to the new-config 767. Since I had not been on it before, it was a weird experience to be flying backwards in C class.

Not sure what was going on in SFO on 5/7, but our flight was delayed by two hours due to the equipment swap, as was the flight before ours which also had an equipment swap (not sure what they had switched to).

We ended up arriving at 2:00am instead of 12:40am and to add insult to injury, they couldn't figure out how to get the jetbridge to work with the flight, so we had to sit for another half an hour on the plane to wait to move to another jetbridge. What was great though was that all the luggage was already on the luggage belt when we got off the plane...so sadly I didn't get home until about 3:30am instead of 1:00am.

Hope your flight was less difficult...great in-flight experience though I will admit.
Old May 8, 2009, 9:26 pm

Im booked on UA158 SFO-ORD tomorrow night's redeye, its a 767 Domestic, hoping for a last minute swap but I doubt it.
Old May 8, 2009, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kannon99
Im booked on UA158 SFO-ORD tomorrow night's redeye, its a 767 Domestic, hoping for a last minute swap but I doubt it.
What a coincidence! I'm on a Ted flight tomorrow and I'm hoping for a swap as well.
Old May 8, 2009, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I flew into JFK on B6 April 29 and noticed a 763. I was a little envious... Swaps are occurring more and more frequently.
Old May 9, 2009, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
I was fortunate to experience a similar PS swap last December. I was in XF, and Row 2 on the new 763 was awesome!
Old May 9, 2009, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Fewer elite seats...

According to seatguru, the 67I has 6 F and 26 C. The original 57P has 12F and 26C.

So... what if there's equipment swap and the original flight was full in F and C?

What determines who in F gets downgraded to C and which unlucky 6 in C get downgraded to E+?

My concern is that as 1P using RDM for NC when buying tix a month before flight, I don't want to have to worry that such equipment swap will cause me to lose NC. For example, against 1K using SWU or e500 at the 100 hour window, who gets downgraded?
Old May 9, 2009, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by awc4
I flew in last night on UA14, which was the SFO-JFK that had the equipment swap from the normal plane to the new-config 767. Since I had not been on it before, it was a weird experience to be flying backwards in C class.

Not sure what was going on in SFO on 5/7, but our flight was delayed by two hours due to the equipment swap, as was the flight before ours which also had an equipment swap (not sure what they had switched to).

We ended up arriving at 2:00am instead of 12:40am and to add insult to injury, they couldn't figure out how to get the jetbridge to work with the flight, so we had to sit for another half an hour on the plane to wait to move to another jetbridge. What was great though was that all the luggage was already on the luggage belt when we got off the plane...so sadly I didn't get home until about 3:30am instead of 1:00am.

Hope your flight was less difficult...great in-flight experience though I will admit.
I was also on that flight. Nice AVOD, comfy seats. Delays were annoying but it was a nice change.
Old May 9, 2009, 7:26 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kannon99
UA155 ORD-SFO was swapped with a 67i so you have a chance.
Old May 9, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I was in C on UA 892 SFO-JFK yesterday 5/8. Most everybody was surprised as hell to be on a new config 763. I helped the FAs with seat questions since most hadn't flown the new config and they made very sure that my drinks were always full

Slightly off topic, I like both the p.s. signature drinks right now. Just make sure to ask for it strong if you don't like overly sweet drinks. They use a pre-made mix. The apple-tini is good with mostly vodka, a litte mix, and asking for a splash of sparkling wine on top
Old May 9, 2009, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
and noticed a 763. I was a little envious...
In the days prior to 757's, all we had at JFK were the good old 762's and 1 763 (old version). I miss those 2 aisle birds.

dh
Old Jan 22, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Ghetto Bird (non-p.s. 757) at JFK on 22 Jan

Not sure if it was a tail swap if one of the p.s. birds went mechanical, or if it was a diversion, but when I arrived in from SFO an hour or so ago, there was a ghetto 757 at gate 7. Anybody know why it was there?

Haven't seen an old livery bird at JFK since right after the Christmas snowstorm when they ran a few 777-200s on ORD-JFK to get people home.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 23, 2011 at 8:59 am Reason: edited thread title to add missing details
Old Jan 22, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Possibly related to this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ing-omaha.html
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Hmm, I was on a p.s. bird sans winglets last night (think it was N557UA)...believe it headed back to LAX this morning, so I'm guessing it would have been one of the late evening arrivals at JFK...could've been that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.