Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "p.s. Equipment Swap" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "p.s. Equipment Swap" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
let us know if your p.s. 3/1 works. i got my first p.s. 3/27. i'm thinking i wisely booked far enough in advance... upgraded to c with points... chose my seat and now its a roulette wheel when i show up at lax. will i be downgraded? oh brother.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA1k-to-UAnada, HiltonLowAsUCanGo, HertzDoesntMatter
Originally Posted by coldfoot
finally scored nc on ua8 2/19....

after 6 times trying and failing to upgrade on a PS flight i'd hate to get knocked back to e+ with an equip swap.....
actually, now that i think about it, the fact that my u/g cleared is probably a sure sign this will not be a p.s. layout
Old Feb 9, 2008, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by shadabing
let us know if your p.s. 3/1 works. i got my first p.s. 3/27. i'm thinking i wisely booked far enough in advance... upgraded to c with points... chose my seat and now its a roulette wheel when i show up at lax. will i be downgraded? oh brother.
I really think you're worrying about nothing. Chances are your flight will not be impacted.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by blort
I really think you're worrying about nothing. Chances are your flight will not be impacted.
your mouth to ua's ears... i hope your right. i also will not worry about it... nothing i can do. thanks for the calming thought.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:24 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Update?

Has anyone experienced downgraded p.s. equipment in the last 2 weeks? If so, which flights?
Old May 27, 2008, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott
PS Equipment Swap May 27

Upon checking in today (May 27) for UA28 LAX-JFK I was given a first class BP for my this leg. I almost got really excited until I noticed my seat assignment was in a row that does not exist on the PS birds. Sure enough it was a 2-class 757 swap.

So for those of you traveling JFK-LAX/SFO on Wednesday morning, be on alert as there is a non PS aircraft at JFK.

Last edited by drobbva; May 28, 2008 at 12:17 am
Old May 27, 2008, 11:40 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
I would have demanded a refund or a seat on a different flight if your schedule was at all flexible and you were booked in C or F.

It's unbelievable that UA would even consider substituting a 2 class 757 on THAT route.

- T
Old May 28, 2008, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by TonySCV
I would have demanded a refund or a seat on a different flight if your schedule was at all flexible and you were booked in C or F.

It's unbelievable that UA would even consider substituting a 2 class 757 on THAT route.

- T
I was on a Y ticket upgraded to C and received a seat in F on the flight, so at least I wasn't downgraded. I would not have upgraded this flight (especially with a CR-1) since the loads were light in the back but didn't plan on having a meal prior to the long flight so BOB wouldn't have been enough.

The ground agent at LAX advised customers to complete the online customer satisfaction survey. We'll see what comes out of it, probably not much.
Old May 28, 2008, 12:27 am

Programs: AF
Originally Posted by drobbva
Upon checking in today (May 27) for UA28 LAX-JFK I was given a first class BP for my this leg. I almost got really excited until I noticed my seat assignment was in a row that does not exist on the PS birds. Sure enough it was a 2-class 757 swap.

So for those of you traveling JFK-LAX/SFO on Wednesday morning, be on alert as there is a non PS aircraft at JFK.
Ah, so that seems to be why the checkin function was on/off this morning for UA837 JFK-SFO tomorrow. When the seat map came back on, it was for a 2-class 757. Thanks for the heads up.
Old May 28, 2008, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by physicsmajor
Ah, so that seems to be why the checkin function was on/off this morning for UA837 JFK-SFO tomorrow. When the seat map came back on, it was for a 2-class 757. Thanks for the heads up.
Glad you found this. I just came across the other thread and was going to link to my post. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
p.s. Swap to 2 Cabin 757 - Entitled to compensation? [Merged Threads]

Background:
Booked JFK-SFO roundtrip in PS F for self and wife. We arrived at JFK and checked in, boarding passes said 2A,2B as we had booked. Boarded aircraft to find that it was a normally configured UA 757, 2 class aircraft with 24 seats up front. No IFE, Economy class pillows, etc. The flight attendants were appalled, but were not shocked as they had apparently "noticed this was coming" some days before.

One thing was apparent in talking to folks around us and flight attendants in the front cabin:
Some had booked PS F (like us) some had booked PS J. When we booked, our "seat selection" showed just the 12 F seats, not the 24 seats in the cabin we ended up in.

Additionally, I had looked at going prices in the days leading up, and a RT for our exact flight booking was being offered in PS F for in excess of $5k and in PS J for significantly less.

As we deboarded, the flight attendants handed us compensation cards to check on-line. We were given the choice of $25 off, or 10% off a future ticket. I've heard of $150 certs if your IFE doesn't work!

There is a 30k mile difference in booking in PS F vs. PS J, and frankly we didn't even get PS J on this flight. I'm thinking at a minimum 15k for each of us (return leg turned up in actual PS F) would be reasonable. Am I likely to receive a favorable outcome?

Was our flight the only one to experience this change? The hull did not return to JFK, but rather went on to LAX. I've read someone else mention this in another thread, seemed to be our exact flight on 6/27.

Thanks
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to hear about your experience. The difference between PS F and C is actually 15K miles, assuming you used UA miles, roundtrip (45K vs. 60). That being said, I would still write customer relations and hopefully you'll get something.

These substitutions seem to happen once in a while since UA is about one PS plane low right now, I think.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
MOST DEFINITELY! There was another thread on this before I believe, since your on miles this is easy, 2 cabin F in US is 45K, 3 cabin is 60K so I'd say UA owes you at minimum 15K*2 or 30K as the "refund" for what you overpaid in miles plus some further compensation.

Last edited by ryan182; Jul 2, 2008 at 9:08 pm Reason: whoops 45 not 40; and spellcheck did me wrong...
Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182
MOST DEFIANTLY!
Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
good catch, it almost worked in that sense though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.