Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "p.s. Equipment Swap" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "p.s. Equipment Swap" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
Exclamation Consolidated "p.s. Equipment Swap" Thread [Merged]

i was on the flight yesterday, late swap for ta 767-300, full in F/C about 90%in Y, but just wondering how/when they make a decision to switch the aircraft
Old Sep 5, 2007, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
AFAIK, could be positioning or an emergency subsitution. As far as the how.... I am sure someone at WHQ makes that call. Regarding when... I am sure that it can be planned out months or hours in advance.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:00 am
Suspended

A nice upgrade! ^
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given the load this could have been a planned replacement. Full F/C and 90% Y would have resulted in quite a few V/IDBs.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
A nice upgrade! ^
I don't know, I'm rather fond of the PS flights. But only if I'm in C. (Never been in F.) But there is something to be said about sitting on a widebody instead of a narrowbody for 5+ hrs.

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Given the load this could have been a planned replacement. Full F/C and 90% Y would have resulted in quite a few V/IDBs.
Not really since the 3 cabin 767 holds 193 pax and the 757 ps holds 110 pax. There are actually 83 more seats available on the 767 3 cabin.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vt2k
I don't know, I'm rather fond of the PS flights. But only if I'm in C. (Never been in F.) But there is something to be said about sitting on a widebody instead of a narrowbody for 5+ hrs.
I'll say. I got stuck between carts in business and coach while trying to go to the bathroom. I told the FAs to duck and I would vault the cart.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by JAaronT
I'll say. I got stuck between carts in business and coach while trying to go to the bathroom. I told the FAs to duck and I would vault the cart.
Were you able to stick the landing?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vt2k
Were you able to stick the landing?
The Russian FA gave me a 5.8.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JAaronT
They'd most likely prefer that over your pulling a "Gerald Finnerman"
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Monday, 9/3, UA15 was 767WW

I just had this happen on Monday, JFK to SFO, on UA15. It was planned at least 3 days ahead, since when the upgrades from Y to C cleared at the 72 hour mark, the two of us traveling saw the 767 seat map when looking at the seating choices on My Itineraries.

IMHO:
Negatives: the movies play all the way through and you can't start and stop them like on the portable DVD on the 757ps airplane
Positives: the cabin feels much more spacious and open - this really helps me feel better on a transcon flight - and the Map display on the 767 is a favorite of mine

For me, the switch to the 767 is an improvement! It would have been even more of an improvement if we had been in Y - individual movies and the Map.

JK-SFO
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Y763 > YPS757
C763 < CPS757 - Seats are narrower and no VOD DVD players on the 763.
F is a toss-up depending on individual seating preferences.

- T
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
i think there are dedicated PS FA, i think they are superior to mainline UA flight attendants,

or is it just me?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by lehms
i think there are dedicated PS FA, i think they are superior to mainline UA flight attendants,

or is it just me?
I think it's because the PS FAs don't have to deal with as many unruly pax.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by lehms

or is it just me?
There are no dedicated PS FA's but they are NY based 99% of the time. It's cheaper for the company to lay the FA's over in LA or SF than NY.

As for the 67 flying this route, I wouldn't expect it to stay. There are only a limited number of PS airplanes. They are probably doing maintenance on one of them and replaced the flying with a 67 for a little while.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
If there is a swap to a 767 will the pax get the same inflight service (food, snack, etc..)

Ben

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.