Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Platinum for 1Ks / Gold for 2P and 1P

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:13 am

The SIXT 'Ladies Card' often yields a very good discount.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1k, AmEx Plat, Global Entry & Pre✓
Can someone give me an updated link? The links just send me to the main sixt page.

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swixo
So I rented the car as a nobody - scored the lower rate.

Check it both ways.

s
Noticed the same lately. Maybe, book as a nobody and then ask for the 35% Platinum discount once you pick up the car.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:39 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Once you get Sixt Platinum status, how long does it last? 12 months from when you receive it?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had mine at least 4 years.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Once you get Sixt Platinum status, how long does it last? 12 months from when you receive it?
I think 4 or 5 years also
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:00 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Thanks to y'all and gleff I did this just now. I used the "Sixt Cards" link as well as the e-sixt.mn stuff just seemed too dodgy. Firefox was not liking it. I added a comment requesting the Plat card.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked some pricing for a Nov rental in Germany and found:

- their prices are about 30% higher than the lowest (Dollar/Thrifty)

- the Sixt Email "15% off" I got actually comes in about 10% higher than booking it at the site directly ... ??? ....

They used to be competitive /very close to the best prices of others, but alas no more.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone have recent experience with complementary Gold or Platinum status? Also, approximately how long does it take to receive your card once signing up?

The best discount rate I have been able to get is by using the SIXT iPhone app, which is giving 10% off the internet rates. Is there anything better out there?

Thanks,
Eric
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Early fall I applied for the Gold status. Platinum was not offered on the website. I am
1K. When I received the confirmation email a short time later, I had been given Platinum status. Once you get the email with membership #, you can immediately start using it. However, the Platinum discount is off the rack rate. You can usually get a much better rate using their special internet rates. They usually spotlight a particular car. If you log on using your Platinum # you will not get the best rate. The way to do it is find the best rate and start the booking process and on the final confirmation add your Platinum # to the reservation. You then get free upgrades, etc. but no discount. It takes about 2 weeks to get the card in the mail. The discount would probably be worth while if only rack rates were available.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: UA G
Ugh, is the application working? I tried applying for the platinum and gold cards and they both show blank pages after I submit my info. Really hope I'm not getting phished here...
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1k, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by unavaca
Ugh, is the application working? I tried applying for the platinum and gold cards and they both show blank pages after I submit my info. Really hope I'm not getting phished here...
I signed up for this a few months ago and received the card. I had my first rental experience this past month. The rates without platinum were better than with plat due to a special holiday offer. I signed up without my plat card and then when I arrived I showed my card and received the upgrade. Very nice rental experience.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by KLACKER
I signed up for this a few months ago and received the card. I had my first rental experience this past month. The rates without platinum were better than with plat due to a special holiday offer. I signed up without my plat card and then when I arrived I showed my card and received the upgrade. Very nice rental experience.
Did you sign up online? If so, did you receive any sort of confirmation that your signup suceeeded?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Well if you got phished then so did I. Same experience here.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Did you sign up online? If so, did you receive any sort of confirmation that your signup suceeeded?
I received am email shortly after I signed up giving my Plat #, password etc.
This is the link I started with - http://www.sixt.com/rental-services/...sixt-gold-card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.