Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Am i crazy??? Contemplating 5 weekend trips to Europe to make 1K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am i crazy??? Contemplating 5 weekend trips to Europe to make 1K

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 2:11 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I just called Mileage Plus. They told me that the following flight numbers qualify for the Double EQM promo.

United flight numbers 001 thru 1599: these are United and Ted flights.

United Express flight numbers: 5200 thru 8099.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem Ex, Centurion
Thought i would bring everyone up to speed......tomorrow is my last day of flying. I have done 10 days with 2 R/T each day...starting off with Denver to Salt Lake City in the morning and PHX in the afternoon. Amazingly enough I have only run into the same crew once...and that was today. They remembered me from a week ago. Not sure that is good or bad .....
After tomorrow I will have flown 44 segments in 12 days. It has worked out pretty well. I get up in the morning and drive to the airport (less traffic than when i drive to work...so more relaxing) and home in the evening for bed. One nice part about the route i choose is that both are over the mountains...I get to see the sunrise and set on the rockies which are covered with snow. Add that to my video ipod and the days have been pretty relaxing. Makes a huge difference when you travel with no carry on or luggage and you can just people watch. Thought i would share a couple observations.
--I have upgraded a couple times to F on the Salt Lake City leg and dont see much difference between economy plus and first. Probably because it is such a short flight. But besides the coffee when you get on the plane...nothing special. Not really sure what i was expecting though
--I sat once next to an FA who was not working. I did not tell her what I was doing and asked if being a 1K made any difference in the way FA's treat flyers. Her response was "I could care less what status a flyer is". Little discouraging...but then she shed some light on why she was so bitter.....not to happy with United corporate.
--Had one strange thing happen. The guy in front of me on one of the flights started violently throwing up and went unconcious. I jumped up and grabbed an FA as we were taking off. He ended up being ok...but that was crazy.
--I only told one person that i sat next to what i was doing. He is a 1K flyer and I could see the wheels turning in his head as i explained my adventure. I told him about flyertalk.com and he even wrote it down. That was my recruiting for ya.
--Here is one social observation i will pass along. It used to be on planes that the person next to you would say things about their personal life that they wouldn't even tell their friends...must be the whole stranger phenomenon. However, during my last 11 days.....no one talked to me. I had to go out of my way and say hello and engage people. Stunning how cold the airplane has become. OK off my soap box now.

All in all it has been really relaxing. With the double promo I will recieve 1K for next year by way of segments not miles and earned enough segment credits through the Denver promo for 270,000 miles.(of course they take forever to post...so crossing my fingers that all goes well). I want to thank all those that helped and gave advice it really was an adventure that I will remember.
HR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.