Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Am i crazy??? Contemplating 5 weekend trips to Europe to make 1K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am i crazy??? Contemplating 5 weekend trips to Europe to make 1K

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Oh, but DEN-MCO is a Ted route.
RAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem Ex, Centurion
This is great...........keep em coming. I plan to do this an write about my experience so you guys can read about it...I will have plenty of time to write..
HR
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by hrada2020
This is great...........keep em coming. I plan to do this an write about my experience so you guys can read about it...I will have plenty of time to write..
HR
You'd think that wouldnt you?
After my 2nd day flying the MR, I was so beat, reading a book was painful.
All I did on the plane was sleep, and beg Ted for more OJ

But what I thinks, the Denver flights though long and time consuming, would be the best. I mean, with about 3700$ spending, your getting 2 C class tickets whereever (worth alone $7000+ each), and your 1K status.
But you got a lot of flying.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Any chance that i would do all this an United pull the rug out from under me and not honor the double eqm????
Maybe i will mix and match..trip to singapore...couple to Europe and then the runs to Orlando. I will need that 1K card pretty quick...so i can show my mom what i have accomplished with my life......lol
HR
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:51 pm

Any chance that i would do all this an United pull the rug out from under me and not honor the double eqm????
Maybe i will mix and match..trip to singapore...couple to Europe and then the runs to Orlando. I will need that 1K card pretty quick...so i can show my mom what i have accomplished with my life......lol
HR
They shouldnt.
Just make sure its all true UA flight numbers on UA metal, not any codeshares.

Thought of another option. Denver promo, take the 90Kmiles x 2 and with your almost 50,000 miles youd earn, and 25K from the CC signup you could use them for 2 F tickets to lets say Asia (120,000 each RT) and fly the new Singapore Airlines F (when it rolls out next year)
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
UA will honor the 2X EQM promo. History supports that. Last year, many even got their status prior to New Years.

I'd suggest looking at Sunday returns to Germany for international (minimal stay requirements) and the Northeast for domestic (with creative routings); bump opportunities and/or irrops may help if you're flexible. Asia is great if they lower the minimum stay or you're going there anyway.

Good luck and welcome to FT!

Pat
Old Oct 17, 2006, 3:13 pm

I would say doing the DEN promo runs beats all, but I would suggest SLC instead of MCO. The flight is only an hour, and you can do more turns in a day. The tickets can be had for $158 most of the time, and even if you did it on segments, it would only be 25 RT's, 3 weekends probably if you were motivated, and you would get 3 x 90k bonus or 3 C seats.

ChrisR
Old Oct 17, 2006, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisR
I would say doing the DEN promo runs beats all, but I would suggest SLC instead of MCO. The flight is only an hour, and you can do more turns in a day. The tickets can be had for $158 most of the time, and even if you did it on segments, it would only be 25 RT's, 3 weekends probably if you were motivated, and you would get 3 x 90k bonus or 3 C seats.

ChrisR
Yea, OP could do that. 3RTs in a day isnt bad, but its tight. You miss one flight, it will be tough to fix it. You could do also PHX. If I recall right, they do the same plane turnaround, so if your late into PHX, your on the same plane back to DEN. I think SLC in the morning swapped to a explus for one flight back. Rest was ua shuttle.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
Ummm...really? care to share those? DEN-??? is 2600-3800 r/t? perhaps o/w 2600-3800 but not r/t.

doing some searches the cheapest i found for next jun was DEN-LHR for 5471 Z fare.
I ball parked them... *A only, they ate just base fares on fare compare... not on UA, some US, AW (DEN-FRA), and BD (DEN-LHR) not including taxes etc.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Where can i find the mileage chart for legs on UA?
Thanks
HR
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Do it!!! ^ ^
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA
Where can i find the mileage chart for legs on UA?
Thanks
HR
this is pretty handy...

http://www.webflyer.com/travel/milemarker/
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Australia warmer at this time of year, go to SYD and do Europe and back in C class from Aus for $4k earning 42k EQM+ see this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612726
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:57 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Welcome to the dark side...
Old Oct 17, 2006, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriot Gold
do it!

I've done mile runs to make 1k in the past two years, and I don't have any regrets! Travel as a 1k for me and my family has never been better!

Do it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.