Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone achieve 1K on segments?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:19 pm

Programs: United-1K, Hilton Honors-Diamond, Starwood-Platinum
I made 1K last year through segments and the only hope I have of requalifying for 1K next year is through segments again, though I only have 39 so far this year.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM - AA 1.6MM UA 1.2MM - Recovering UA UGS and AA CK - Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, SPG LTP
I'll be at 80 segments by the end of the week. Should hit 100 next month.

Did 178.5 (169 BIS) and 204,000 BIS miles last year. 852 United segments from 1/3/2000 to Friday... 2000-2003 I only made 1K with segments.

Segments are the way to go!
Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:36 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

WOW! I'm not alone in the Flyertalk EQS 1K club! ^
Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:43 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm trying to hit 1k via segments this year and usually do short hops between DC and NYC or Boston which isn't bad at all. Currently have almost 50 segments.

To all you segment qualifiers - have you ever done a segment run?
Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:53 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fried.food.is.good
I'm trying to hit 1k via segments this year and usually do short hops between DC and NYC or Boston which isn't bad at all. Currently have almost 50 segments.

Yes. 12/28/05 I was .5 segments short (because of the 50% bonus for some paid F fares) so I did a DEN-GJT-DEN segment run that took 1:12 (37 minutes out and 35 minutes back). Never even had to get off the plane in GJT, the FA gave my boarding pass (I checked in for both flights in DEN) to the GA who scanned it and brought it back to me. She had never heard of a mileage/segment run before. Not much of a surprise, GJT probably isn't a hot MR route.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Talking My alter ego?

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I'm at 48 EQS so far for the year, expect to be at 60 (1P) within another week (actually, 9 days) and anticipate 100 EQS (1K) by the end of October.
We are very much alike!!!

I'm at 48.5 (but had two yesterday which still haven't shown up on my account).

Expect to be 1P on June 11, and estimated to hit 1K end of October (a conservative estimate)

BTW, IAD is my 'home' airport too!

Last edited by heffa; Jun 6, 2006 at 3:33 pm
Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
I did 141 EQS last year at an average 2900 EQM/EQS. Not going so well this year.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Not since 2000 when I did 120+ going SMF-DEN-DFW and SMF-SFO-BUR every other week. Heck, I was 1K by the summer with about 75k miles
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:00 pm

Every year

I do it every year; mostly IAD BDL/PVD (<500 miles) on probably the worst UX carrier - Trans States. Recently, since the demise of FlyI, I've been paying an average of $500 - $600 r/t. Flying 50 of these flights a year is very expensive and tiring. Those of us that qualify on segments are the true, "ROAD WARRIORS!"
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Cool "You people"

...To all you segment qualifiers - have you ever done a segment run?
Originally Posted by DENPremEx
....She had never heard of a mileage/segment run before....
My favorite CSR line:

Originally Posted by cblaisd
CSR also said (as had happened yesterday), "Do you really want to go this routing?" I said it was for a segment run for 1K. She replied, "Ah, we don't usually see you people until the last two weeks of December."
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...63&postcount=4
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:28 pm

Already done. Average 872 EQM/EQS, median 547 (two transoceanic vacation runs, one of which turned into work.)

Despite living near a hub, I frequently have to two-hop on US ... or UX. But at least the G terminal is now gone, and I just got to stay home for almost three weeks. Luxury.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:14 pm
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
I spend more time in airports than I do on airplanes. 105 EQS last year, maybe 115 this year.

You know you're a frequent flier when you know the locations of all the A/C plugs near the gates you use.
-btr
Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I know that RobotDoctor is another 1K MM by segment.

My commute is right at the breakpoint (833 miles) I'm at 51.5 segments and 44,093 miles. I will cross 50,000 miles on my 59th segment. I will probably hit 1K at both the EQM and EQS basis.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 6:22 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.

----------------

Not purposefully; but because some of my destinations are served by UX/Ted and sometimes constructing legal connections is almost the same fare as flying n/s, I end up doing 3-4 segs. on many of those RTs. Sometimes I've done added segments because the fare was much lower flying those routes; such as, in the UX days of SJC service to SFO; flying SJC->PDX with a connection in SFO rather than n/s SFO->PDX.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
I have made 1K the last four years on segment qualification. Anywhere from 110 - 140 segments a years. I am sitting on 61 segments (as of June 24).

UGH - give me 10 round trips to London anyday. I am tired of airplanes (CRJs) and airports (ABQ and LAX most of all).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.