Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:47 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by weezl
Partially. It shows a summary of my miles but when I did a flight search and tried to book it, I got the same sorry message in red saying "we were unable to complete your login..."

Other times, it wouldn't even let me login, as those above mentioned. Its been funny all day. What's more is the 1P line to book awards rings forever.
Oddly, you can look up fares at http://www.kayak.com, select a UA itinerary, it will redirect you to UA and the booking page works.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Hm. when logging in, I just get a blank webpage with the title saying: "ACCESS DENIED."

Woohoo.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
It sort of works for me. I can log in and perform a flight search. When I get to the last step its lost track of who I am and says that I need to continue as a "guest".
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Well, that didn't last long. Now, when I enter flight info on the first page and ask to display flights I get:

Message from the NSAPI plugin:
No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

Build date/time: Aug 5 2005 12:17:51

Change Number: 616829

I don't know what "idempotent" is, but I think they have pills for that now.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Been that way for about 2 hours now! I guess United doesn't need a monitoring system like SiteScope to tell them the system is down ... all they need to do is check in on FlyerTalk.com :-)

We were unable to process your request. The system is currently unavailable or the internet service is experiencing heavy traffic. Please try your request later.
I must say that the level of outages on United is significantly higher than on continental.com, aa.com, priorityclub.com, expedia.com, lufthansa.com, british-airways.com and airfrance.us (but I do chronically have problems with thaiairways.com and singaporeairlines.com) ... it should be rare, but I get these sorts of errors chronically.

In all fairness, though; this is a new site, so one would expect some glitches ... but the previous site was flaky as well, so I'm not sure we've seen improvement in service levels (hopefully the missing word is "yet").
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:50 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Working fine for me.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by wharvey
Working fine for me.
It is on and off, currently off again.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:55 pm

Thumbs up Down, then up...then Xmas gift?

Was having the same problem until a minute ago. Tried logging in and out a couple of times, then the site started to work. Began searching for reward flights and it now seems to show Mileage Plus reward buckets. If this is, in fact, something new (that I've missed) and NOT a mistake, it's great for reward planning!

Last edited by Potreroflyr; Jan 3, 2007 at 4:19 pm Reason: brevity, clarity, stupidity
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Think the award/upgrade buckets have always been there, if one mouses over the flight details.

ITN search engine still working... Errors on last two flight searches on new UA site.

Pat
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:08 pm

Stand corrected. Guess I just didn't notice them post-makeover.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Here's the latest message (they seem to change from hour to hour):

Server Error
This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.
Um...yeah. I'll get right on that.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Trouble logging out

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been unable to log out when in the "my itineraries" pages. I always get an error of some sort. I have then have to go back to the mileage plus area and then log out. I am on a Mac using Safari. Have others experienced this?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:00 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by zrs70
Over the past couple of weeks, I have been unable to log out when in the "my itineraries" pages. I always get an error of some sort. I have then have to go back to the mileage plus area and then log out. I am on a Mac using Safari. Have others experienced this?
i run into similar problems (imac g5 w/safari) for just about every logout screen (mileage summary, u/g's itins, etc) where i get the "page cannot be displayed error" but simply hitting reload brings up a screen showing that i've logged out.

n.b. i've found that u.bomb not so safari friendly so i use firefox (currenlty v1.5.09 as 2.0 is buggy) for anything critical such as purchasing, sponsoring and olci.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: UAL 1P,HH D, SPG GP, FT Newbie!
Originally Posted by g_leyser
I can no longer hold an itinerary on this stupid website?
What happened to that feature???

I'm trying to book a quick ORD-MSP-ORD run for next weekend and it will not give me the option to just hold the itinerary - I can only buy it straight up. Well considering I want to use a paper coupon, that doesn't really help me, now does it?
Same here, it is making me crazy!!!
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:42 pm

Programs: UAL 1P,HH D, SPG GP, FT Newbie!
Grrrrr......

.bomb won't let me upgrade any of my itineraries, everytime I try, I get "System error occured. Please try again later."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.