Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
It sure continues to hate FireFox.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:39 am

Programs: United Lowly 2P, Hilton Used to Be Gold.
Originally Posted by PDXUAFAN
I go to my itineraries
Oh, how I wish i could go to "My Itineraries"

Over the past 36 hours, I've tried on two computers and three browsers. I keep a timeout error or some complaint from my browser that united is trying too many redirects: "This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page which is then redirected back to that page."

Reading that gave me a headache.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:08 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Here is a general tip on working with the United web site. If you are having some type of booking problem, then try deleting your temporary internet files and cookies. For Explorer, go to Tools Menu, then select internet options, and you will find this under the General tab. For Mozilla, go to the Tools menu, select options, then click the privacy and security tab, and then delet the temporary internet files and cookies. Doing this may help, but your YMMV. I'd like to hear feedback if doing this will help.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:37 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
US (the original US) still not in *A on Mileage Summary

I have no idea if this was posted before, since search on FT is almost as bad as .bomb

But approximately two years after US Airways (the original, US "East" 037 ticket code airline, not HP) joined Star Alliance, US Airways flights don't show up in the "Star Alliance" total on the Mileage Summary. They only show up in the "All Airline" total.

Not that the Mileage Summary is useful anyway, seeing it doesn't break out line items for each bonus or amount of EQM/EQS earned per flight. So you never can quite tell if UA posted things correctly, especially on flights which might have multiple bonuses from OLCI, online purchase, OLCI/online purchase combo, and/or special bonus for city-pairs. Hooray, I got a mystery 500 miles added today to a flight which posted 2 weeks ago. Wonder which of the three different possible bonuses posted and which ones didn't?

Could UA please acquire the NW WP Account Summary page?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
Here is a general tip on working with the United web site. If you are having some type of booking problem, then try deleting your temporary internet files and cookies. ...
Deleting all you cookies may fix problems with da bomb but cause you problems with other sites who have set cookies that you need later. You should only delete cookies related to UA.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:22 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Deleting all you cookies may fix problems with da bomb but cause you problems with other sites who have set cookies that you need later. You should only delete cookies related to UA.
Thanks for an even better suggestion of only deleting the United cookies. I find it cumbersome to have to reneter so mnay different items just to read the online newspaper.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 4:46 pm

Programs: Skyteam
United.com down!

This is so frustrating! United.com has been down for about a hour.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
On a ticket with fare basis YCADCA which is a government fare, my itineraries / request upgrade
says that " a complimentary upgrade has been requested" but the view itinerary does not show upgrade pending or anything. I call and the 1K domestic reservations person says that united.com just says that because its a Y fare and doesn't know that its a government fare and so I do not really have a complimentary upgrade requested.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

A general question: If UA is an airline for business travelers, why do you have to go to "more options" to book a C/F ticket? Is that not something that should be on the homepage as an option?
Old Oct 6, 2006, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
A general question: If UA is an airline for business travelers, why do you have to go to "more options" to book a C/F ticket? Is that not something that should be on the homepage as an option?
UA knows that real business travelers typically fly real business airlines like SQ/CX etc.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 4:59 am

Programs: BA
Just tried to make a booking and the site just seemed to freeze inbetween me clicking "confirm" and it giving me a confirmation. My credit card doesn't appear to have a new authorization on it, so I'm assuming it wasn't booked....it also isn't showing in my itens and i didn't receive a confirm email...urgh aggrevating.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
As posted on this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610522 , standard awards can now be booked online once again.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
It seems that the online form for missing mileage credit for UA flights is down! When you press the link you just get the following message:

Error
Old Oct 12, 2006, 4:59 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
6:57pmEST:
Thanks for registering at united.com
Due to system maintenance, your registration on united.com will take 24 hours to process. While we update our records, you may Shop for flights and purchase tickets as a guest.
To receive miles for your travel, enter your Mileage Plus number at the time of purchase.
What? Register for what?
I was just trying to login to my MP summary. Blah to you, UA.

Been trying to get on for the last 45 min or so, too.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:05 am

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
More united.com goofiness...

Wasting time at work, idly searching for a potential 2xEQM mileage run on .bomb:
Searching for a Y/B fare SFO-SGN, it comes up with this:

San Francisco, CA (SFO) to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (SGN)
2630.00 USD per person
United Airlines 837 Nov 7 11:23 am SFO 3:30 pm (Next day) NRT Non-stop
United Airlines 883 Nov 8 6:45 pm NRT 9:40 pm ICN Non-stop
United Airlines 892 Nov 9 3:05 pm ICN 8:18 am SFO Non-stop

So, I guess SGN = ICN?

There are other options for Asiana codeshares to ICN, via LAX and NRT. However, nothing comes up with SGN as the actual destination.
South Korea, Vietnam, it's all the same if you are united.com!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.