Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Switching SWU/CR-1/Miles-Supported Upgrade to other instruments [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Switching SWU/CR-1/Miles-Supported Upgrade to other instruments [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
If you're certain that you'll make 1K, maybe you can get a 1K buddy to spot you a SWU, and then pay them back a SWU later.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by dfreeman02
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-merged.html

Some have reported successful swaps, others have failed.

AFAIK there is no penalty for canceling upgrades at any status level.
If your miles-based upgrade has been confirmed, and you cancel, it will cost you $100-150 to redeposit the miles. If it has not been confirmed and is either pending or waitlisted, then no penalty.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by harryhood
If your miles-based upgrade has been confirmed, and you cancel, it will cost you $100-150 to redeposit the miles. If it has not been confirmed and is either pending or waitlisted, then no penalty.
$0 for 1Ks
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by UALFLYER1
Hi There,
Apologies if there is a post already on this (probably there is one...just could not locate it).

I am planning a trip in August next year. Upgrade is available from SFO-SYD-SFO. But I am about 10K short of 1K now. I will probably hit 1K by November.

I checked with UA, they have SWU space available on the dates I want to travel. But I don't have the certs. Can I block my space with miles/cash now and then switch this to SWU once I get the SWU's in my bank? Would they allow that? Is there anyway to work through this?

Please let me know your thougths when you get a moment.

Sincerely appreciate your help

UALFLYER1
The OP may want to check out the "coupon connection" forum. Does it require 100 or 300 posts before one is allowed to access the CC forum these days?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by lax2010
The OP may want to check out the "coupon connection" forum. Does it require 100 or 300 posts before one is allowed to access the CC forum these days?
Access to The Coupon Connection be restricted to logged-in members who have been members at least 180 days and whose post count is at least 180.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dfreeman02
AFAIK there is no penalty for canceling upgrades at any status level.
From here:

"If you have a confirmed Mileage Upgrade Award and prior to travel you choose to cancel the upgrade, the miles will be returned to the account and a redeposit fee may be charged: 150 USD for general members, 125 USD for Premier members, 100 USD for Premier Executive members."

Last edited by RoaminRoman; Oct 4, 2011 at 8:42 am Reason: Fixed double posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.