Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current and Recent MP Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: United, American, Delta, Usairways, Southwest, Avis, Alamo, Hyatt, Marriot, Intercontinental
Current and Recent MP Promotions -- Not so current or recent

This thread appears to be outdated. (Last post was a year ago).
Is there a new thread? Or have folks found a new source for discussing the latest and greatest promotions?
Old Sep 1, 2007, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk!^

Well, usually the major promotions (like double EQM, fly free fly free, etc.) have their own threads, which are used instead of one central thread. The minor promos also often have their own threads, and if not they can be found on ual.com under "Promotions."
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:21 pm

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by jlr4travel
This thread appears to be outdated. (Last post was a year ago).
Is there a new thread? Or have folks found a new source for discussing the latest and greatest promotions?
I'm not sure that there have been great promotions of the sort that were out there when this thread began. If there are current opportunities that I am not aware of at this time, including targeted offers, then perhaps someone(s) will mention them here.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Would be great to have this updated with the current promos - especially since it's linked from the FAQ.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
A friend of mine just told me he signed up for double miles for his MP Visa card. I have not received any offer like that and cannot find one. Help!!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Would be great to have this updated with the current promos - especially since it's linked from the FAQ.
Concur. Perhaps we can start a new one? I volunteer to keep it updated (unless someone else wants to do it?)

Current Promotions (requires registration):

Chicago bonus miles

Fly early, fly often and earn big

Fly and choose to earn Regional Upgrades (targeted)

Double your miles for up to three trips in three months (targeted)

Last edited by warreng24; Jan 23, 2010 at 7:15 am
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Can't find any recent postings asking the question: are there any ongoing promotions for signing up for a new Mileage Plus account? Any referral bonuses? Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL
Reach Elite on UA for only 5k miles in business

Anyone have the promo code for the current/recent promotion by UA, that awards you elite status, if you fly 5,000 in business class in the next month or two? Anyone rec'd the flyer in the mail recently?

Got a card in the mail with the info on it and tossed it out (all my miles on are on DL and AF)- wished I hadn't now.

Have a flight from MSO to GRU next month and want to book it in business class, but hate to miss out on elite status on another airline if I can swing it...

Thanks-
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Visa 10% off a future flight.

I never got an email about this one.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,53354,00.html
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by escapefromphl

Thanks for the link! I purchase all of my UA flights with my M+ visa, so I'll look our for the 10% coupon..
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:19 am

I see this one is good to anywhere, originating from the US, good for a deqm MR hopefully.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Feb 26, 2010 at 7:23 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:30 am

I see this one is good to anywhere, originating from the US, good for a deqm MR hopefully.
Not quite accurate. See this:

"Travel must originate within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands with a destination of any airport served by United® or United Express® carriers in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America or the Pacific. Discount is not valid on travel to Europe, Africa or the Middle East. E-certificate(s) will be valid for travel from April 12 through June 30, 2010."
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Not quite accurate. See this:

"Travel must originate within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands with a destination of any airport served by United® or United Express® carriers in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America or the Pacific. Discount is not valid on travel to Europe, Africa or the Middle East. E-certificate(s) will be valid for travel from April 12 through June 30, 2010."
Err, yeah I guess I read that too quickly.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K

I never saw an email, but looks like a good promo, thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA, CX, BR
If you're in Taiwan...and use the Taiwan UA website (www.tw.united.com) to buy tickets to the US or Asian flights, you earn 1,000 bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.