Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current and Recent MP Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, and MM, Marriott Platinum
A friend just sent me this one. www.united.com/offer/mpdf84 Not sure if it is targeted but signed up anyways.

His note said Earn 5,000 extra elite qualifiying miles per trip (up to three) between September 1 and November 12. not much else. If anyone finds out any additional info (i.e., targeted or what booking classes. Please post here.)
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by abramom
A friend just sent me this one. www.united.com/offer/mpdf84 Not sure if it is targeted but signed up anyways.
After checking with MP, this is the word:

MPD F84 is identical to MPD F74 (already listed above) in all aspects except one: MPD F84 was snail-mailed; MPD F74 was e-mailed.

So yes, it is targeted and non-combinable.

Thanks for bringing this one up, abramom.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Great thread. Thanks for the work in keeping it updated! ^
Old Sep 21, 2004, 7:29 am

You are absolutely correct. I spoke with my friend and he said he received it in the mail. It is definitely targeted as he currently has 37K EQM and this will put him into 1P territory. Boy the UA marketing people are smart

Originally Posted by WindFlyer
MPD F84 is identical to MPD F74 (already listed above) in all aspects except one: MPD F84 was snail-mailed; MPD F74 was e-mailed.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Great thread. Thanks for the work in keeping it updated! ^
You're welcome.

Keep the reports coming.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA: 1ex1K now Prem Plat Life 2MM ; SQ: exPPS
I may have missed the boat on the ex-WAS promos.....Any promos I could register for ... flying IAD-GRU next month... but not RT -- part of a RTW ....in F ... then GRU - ORD
Old Sep 22, 2004, 7:49 pm

The was RTW promo doesn't require RT. Segment is good enough for that promo. Although 1 point wont get you anywhere.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Update!

Added a link about booking qualifying fares on ual.com for MPW 094, as well as links to discussion of the value of the MPD A44 RTW. And on that subject:

Originally Posted by abramom
The was RTW promo doesn't require RT...
It does, however, require WAS to be the O/D of the trip, so I'm afraid a stopover on an RTW would not qualify.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 9:53 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
For MP members only?

I received an e-mail from United a few days ago. The offer was for discounted ticket prices until Oct 5 for MP members only. When I clicked on the link it went to a booking site that said "For Milegage Plus Members Only"

I have deleted the e-mail. Does anyone have the link?
Old Oct 3, 2004, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by last2board
I received an e-mail from United a few days ago. The offer was for discounted ticket prices until Oct 5 for MP members only. When I clicked on the link it went to a booking site that said "For Milegage Plus Members Only"

I have deleted the e-mail. Does anyone have the link?
Yes, but it is another one of those "sales" that aren't really sales. The offer listed each-way fares. When you double the listed fares and add taxes and fees, you end up with "nothing special" fares. I also checked a few fares through the link and found nothing exciting.

The page is slightly customized based on your origin airport. Mine is SFO. Try substituting your home airport in the URLs below in place of "sfo" in the string "mponlysfosale" at the end.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...Fmponlysfosale

T&Cs are here:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...lysfosalefacts
Old Oct 4, 2004, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Yes, but it is another one of those "sales" that aren't really sales. The offer listed each-way fares. When you double the listed fares and add taxes and fees, you end up with "nothing special" fares. I also checked a few fares through the link and found nothing exciting.
Not entirely true. I can get a DEN-SFO RT for $178 all-in, around $75 less than the normal lowest fare, and less than any other fare I've seen the last few years (this is an expensive market, with little LCC competition).
Old Oct 4, 2004, 9:38 am

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
link for iad/was?

Before I lost the e-mail, I had seen some prices that interested me. I substituted both IAD and WAS in the link posted above, but could only get SFO to come up. Anybody have a DC specific link before it is too late? Thanks.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 12:09 pm

Programs: (almost) everything!
Great thread!

Originally Posted by WindFlyer
Not 100% sure, but these two pairs of promotion also look identical to me
as well as MPDF74(e-mailed) and MPDF84(snail-mailed).

MPDF24(e-mailed) and MPDF34(snail-mailed)
MPDF44(e-mailes) and MPDF54(snail-mailed)

------------------------------

earn triple bonus miles between Hong Kong and Vietnam between December 10, 2004 and March 31, 2005

Terms and conditions: Offer valid only on nonstop flights between Hong Kong (HKG) and Vietnam (SGN). Offer is not combinable with other offers. Offer may be earned an unlimited number of times. Offer valid on all qualifying, paid published roundtrip fares. Roundtrip is required. A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United. Open jaw or circle trip itineraries do not qualify. Registration is required by 3/31/05 to qualify for this offer. Not valid on government fares. E-Ticket purchase required. Valid only on flights operated by United and not valid on United-marketed code share flights operated by other carriers. Must be a Mileage Plus member to participate in this offer. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions apply (MPA234).
Old Oct 4, 2004, 3:36 pm

I just got this link in the mail today and is DC specific. Hopefully it will help.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50111,00.html

Originally Posted by last2board
Before I lost the e-mail, I had seen some prices that interested me. I substituted both IAD and WAS in the link posted above, but could only get SFO to come up. Anybody have a DC specific link before it is too late? Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:30 pm

BUMP bump bump

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.