Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will United P.S. ever improve?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
was on JFK-LAX wednesday at 1130........prior to landing i was offered one raisin cookie. Could have used a lil more......wasn't even offered my dessert after lunch!

but on another note................this service needs a MAJOR overhaul. Certainly looking forward to the upgrades soon.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
But by default, GS would get 4 stars next to their name and should get top priority on meal choice. Sounds like it may be a case of some FA wasn't paying attendant.

If the FA was REALLY good, they would've offered the GS the pasta option from first class.
I would have thought they would have done something also. I didn't think the flight attendant crew was top notch on this flight. They were nice, but I don't think they could have told a GS apart from a GM on this flight.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
They've gone through a couple versions of that on LGA-ORD-LGA now - IMO pretty good. First was the pesto version, now a fresher/lighter primavera style. Nice.
I agree. I enjoy the pasta dishes, and the portions are generous. Perfect light fare for the 2 hour trip.

I like PS (certainly better than domestic F), but my standards are not super high. It's getting an overhaul soon anyway.

Last edited by anc-ord772; Dec 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
I flew P.S. F once and was completely underwhelmed. A waste of money or miles IMO.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wingless
I flew P.S. F once and was completely underwhelmed. A waste of money or miles IMO.
It used to be lot better. I think it was kind of gutted back in 2007.

See this thread for details of what was lost: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...s-product.html

Note that ther used to be hot apps, warm protein added to salad course, higher-quality linens, much better wines, and a post-meal cheese board.

For me, the loss of the second dedicated FA was the real blow. With 2 FAs for 12 pax, service was much more attentive and personal.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
Originally Posted by as219
It used to be lot better. I think it was kind of gutted back in 2007.

See this thread for details of what was lost: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...s-product.html

Note that ther used to be hot apps, warm protein added to salad course, higher-quality linens, much better wines, and a post-meal cheese board.

For me, the loss of the second dedicated FA was the real blow. With 2 FAs for 12 pax, service was much more attentive and personal.
It was before then when everyone was raving about how great it was. Then again I don't fly too many domestic flights and I usually fly in first so I am a bit spoiled I guess.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by as219

Amen. I am able to buy in to C for anything > 4 hours but in the past year I've just bought Y and CR1'd up to C to save my firm the $10K or so a year they would otherwise spend on C tickets that I'd CR1 to F. It just isn't worth the incremental cost, even when I'm only paying for it indirectly though a tiny ownership of our GP.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Only nice thing about PS is the flat beds in F for the red-eye. Lousy service but decent seats...
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Its been a while since I originally posted this thread, and I've flown a bunch in business class on these PS flights since... I have to say that this is definitely the best class in a domestic UA-metal flight you can get. First class on other non-PS domestic flights just don't compare. I only wish CPUs applied
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: *G, UA Plat, Hertz Pres
I'm surprised at the amount of complaining in this thread. The C/F cabin (I've flown F twice RT, C 3 times RT this year) are way better than any other UA F domestic cabin. Sure, it's not an intl config, but it's miles better than anything else. When flying to the west coast from home (NYC) I try doing JFK-LAX/SFO-Destination just to get onto PS.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Yobz
I'm surprised at the amount of complaining in this thread. The C/F cabin (I've flown F twice RT, C 3 times RT this year) are way better than any other UA F domestic cabin. Sure, it's not an intl config, but it's miles better than anything else. When flying to the west coast from home (NYC) I try doing JFK-LAX/SFO-Destination just to get onto PS.
All true, but its not that which is up for critique. The standards have slid. Far. The reaction has more to do with that than the actual set up or concept. NYC regulars appreciate it. I choose PS over ns options frequently.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
All true, but its not that which is up for critique. The standards have slid. Far. The reaction has more to do with that than the actual set up or concept. NYC regulars appreciate it. I choose PS over ns options frequently.
I hunk the idea is is that it feels old and out of date. Plus, the economy "plus" feels tight... and no exit rows in economy either. And the last time I flew in economy on PS they had ONE salad and ONE sandwhich, and a bunch of the rest of the items. Even the fa thought it was messed up.

But I love the power outlets, and nothing's beats the business class. Way ether than F on any other domestic flight. Although that isn't saying much.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:12 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Having done a transcon in standard F, the p.s. product in C is significantly better than domestic F. Heck, they still have table linen as part of meal service.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:21 am
formerly gohima

Only complaint i have is the early morning departures from LAX to JFK need a snack before landing. The breakfast doesnt really hold over until you can be into the city by early evening. It leaves you the choice of horrible overpriced airport food or skipping lunch.

In a lot of ways, UA PS C is still a well above average domestic product. I was rather appalled when flying on AA's AFS F.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by gohima
Only complaint i have is the early morning departures from LAX to JFK need a snack before landing. The breakfast doesnt really hold over until you can be into the city by early evening. It leaves you the choice of horrible overpriced airport food or skipping lunch.
In-N-Out solves that problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.