Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

2011 Mileage Plus and OnePass elite program developments

Old Nov 16, 10, 8:17 am
Company Representative - United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: United Public Relations

We want you to be among the first to know about today’s e-mail announcement of the Mileage Plus and OnePass elite program developments for 2011. Check out the updates here and see how the elite program updates benefit you.

In the coming year, you will begin to experience updates to your travel benefits and rewards as we integrate both frequent flyer programs. Throughout 2011, the two award-winning programs will continue to operate separately and we will roll-out a single world-class frequent flyer program in 2012.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond
How exactly are these changes supposed to benefit us?

* Instead of 8 CR-1s for flying 100K EQM, now we'll get 4 for the same amount of travel.
* True, we can earn "unlimited" CR-1s by flying more...so that means to get the 8 we've gotten up to now, I need to fly 150K EQM?
* 120 Segments to qualify for 1K vs 100. How is this a "benefit"?
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Let me be the first to say:

1K's have the potential to lose up to 4 CR-1's per year. And we gain NOTHING. NOTHING.

Tell me United_PR, what is in this for us?

The devaluation begins.

And no, you didn't give us any advance notice. I saw it on UAL.com before the email came. Nice way to treat loyal customers.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
i was upset when i went to sleep thinking we lost 6 cr1/s yr. but i'm happy with the development. as a 1k, you only lose 4 cr1's/yr. but if you do 150k you breakeven. and if you do 200k like me, you actually gain cr1's
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by as219 View Post
How exactly are these changes supposed to benefit us?

Hey, I wanted to be first to say that!

This is yet another sad day in what I expect to be many sad days for MP over the next year. Oh well, I'm sure that certain CO Guys are pooten in their jorts over the introduction of CR-1's. They are probably googling right now to try to figure out what a regional upgrade is!

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
If you folks look in the CO forum, they've posted the detalis. It looks like CR-1s are not going away.

Programs: UA 1K (woohoo), SPG Gold, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Avis Worst, National Exec Elite; Destinations Many
120EQS????? For 1K

Are you serious??? I already sit on the plane for 100+ flights while other individuals can take 5 - 8 International trips and be a 1K????

Why do I that take 4 flights a week get penalized? How do I not get status? This could be a MAJOR dealbreaker!!!

Old Nov 16, 10, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
what happened to rollover eqm?

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott-SPG Platinum Premier Ambassador
Wow...isn't this just a lovely "enhancement" to the program, with absolutely nothing good coming for 1K members.

Oh and thanks for the heads up...I noticed the change on the website and here and have yet to receive any email communications from Mileage Plus regarding this change.

If this is supposed to be one of the many changes that Smisek says we'll like, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Programs: UA1K 2MM and more
Thumbs down

Count me as another very unhappy 1K MM. I use my CR-1s all the time. Now you're penalizing me and you call that an improvement?
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, AA EXP
This is a HUGE devaluation for 1Ks.

What a disappointment, and how offensive to try to spin it as anything but a reduction of current benefits.

This does NOT bode well for the future.

Tim
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
An awful slap in the face to 1Ks.

How do you come on here and dare use the word benefit?
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fozz View Post
If you folks look in the CO forum, they've posted the detalis. It looks like CR-1s are not going away.
Wrong. For flying 100K EQM, CO folks get +4 over what they had. We UA people are -4 over what we had for the same travel.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by travel.flier View Post
i was upset when i went to sleep thinking we lost 6 cr1/s yr. but i'm happy with the development. as a 1k, you only lose 4 cr1's/yr. but if you do 150k you breakeven. and if you do 200k like me, you actually gain cr1's
I see your point. For some very very small percentage of 1K's, this will actually be beneficial. Of course, that assumes you can actually use your pile of CR-1's after CO starts instant upgrading all the Y fares, and then sells upgrades to first for $50.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by TimInSF View Post
This is a HUGE devaluation for 1Ks.

What a disappointment, and how offensive to try to spin it as anything but a reduction of current benefits.

This does NOT bode well for the future.

Tim
A few of us have been saying this for months. About time that the rest of y'all catch up. Don't worry, a few CO GUYS will show up here shortly to tell us how wrong we are -- that, I can promise you!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: