Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

2011 Mileage Plus and OnePass elite program developments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Mileage Plus and OnePass elite program developments

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Another unhappy 1K.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by adstockton
+20

This really hurts. Even more than all those hours on CR2s.
+1

Ridiculous. I'm speechless. Have made it on segments already this year. Not sure what I'll do now for next. But like so many others I'm an EQS achiever!

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
I'm still waiting to hear if they will continue the MM benefits (1P and 2 CR-1). I am disappointed with the extra tier at 75K given that I'm down to flying around 50K per year. I would expect that they will phase the 75K tier out in the future, as it feels like throwing a bone to the 75K platinums on CO.

Given that I won't make 1K in the forseeable future, I don't really care about the CR-1s or the SWU restrictions.

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Just got the email. Its language is a bit different:

Below are some additional elite program updates that may also be of interest. Details can also be found at mileageplus.com.
I suppose that's true. Losing 4 CR-1s and having to fly another 20 EQS to hit 1K is certainly "of interest."

I guess know I better understand United PR's statment:

Check out the updates here and see how the elite program updates benefit you.
Answer? They don't benefit me at all.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Oh right.. I meant now as in now with these changes. Forgive confusion.

One other thing I see coming out of this - the end of Elite Choice for 1Ks. Since there are now bones for flying 25k EQM more, why have others?

Also, items which would have been nice to hear about:
* YBMs
* E+
* Starnet Blocking
In that instance, 1Ks should be higher than Plats or 1P if their tier is set at 75K and 1K is still 100K.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:24 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Why do people care about the e-mail when both UA and CO tweeted the changes? E-mails are soooooo from the year 2000.

Correct, that's why I said WHEN
As of today, no.

(I do feel like a call center drone though)
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
No e-mail for us yet either but Mrs. Fredd had already spotted the enhancement announcement on the website before coming here.

Earlier posters have raised the concerns we see initially. No, we're not happy with what we see.

Basically loyalty is a two-way street so if turns out the new UA isn't to our liking, we'll just have to rouse ourselves to shop around.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond

* Starnet Blocking
I don't think we're ever going to officially hear about this one way or the other. They barely admit to doing it now, so ending it would be an implicit admission that they had been doing it.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Thanks to these changes, I imagine 1KVoice will be slower at responding for the next few weeks
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K
Angry 120 EQS for 1K ?!!! Screwing Domestic 1K's !

This is quite possibly the worst move for loyal domestic flyers. Average 1 trip a week and still not a sniff for 1K. We put up with glorified tin can RJ's for 3+ hour flights, deal with outdoor boarding, and mile walks to F gates at ORD and DEN. Thank you for the devaluation.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Ugh. I still haven't received the email but I will miss those other four CR-1s.

My sympathies to those of you who earn 1K the hard way.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
I have low, low expectations….

Oh right.. I meant now as in now with these changes. Forgive confusion.

One other thing I see coming out of this - the end of Elite Choice for 1Ks. Since there are now bones for flying 25k EQM more, why have others?

* YBMs
* E+
* Starnet Blocking
I have very low expectations. The point of the merger is to devalue passengers - including elites - and to give the combined airline relatively more clout.

Why wouldn't they cut benefits? With fewer seats on each route, relatively more FF elites competing for fewer benefits, they have the upper hand here.

It does make Virgin America look increasingly attractive….

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Wonder if this was put out there as a negotiation point... so the backlash from 1Ks and PPs can result in CR-1s at every 25k BIS on CO/UA rather than just any EQM at 75k and every 25k thereafter.

Could be a strategy of negotiating down to what they really want. Then again, that doesn't seem to be Smisek's style.

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
wow.....

even as a 2p this makes me mad.......I guess you'll have to go for 75K to have any chance at UDU in the future.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Well, nothing to say. Don't see any benefits from 1K point of view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.