Wiki Posts
Search

award for medical assistance?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
rudi,

liz, i doubt if the doc is looking for a token of appreciation from us FTers as much as he is from UA.

but if he needs something such as 'a drink chit or an upgrade or a verbal thanks or our not so great dessert in biz class', that's certainly fine at least for me, but i can only speak for me, not for other fters. he can email me directly (500's aren't transferable btw) & i'll work something out w/ him.

that, however, does not absolve the patient or UA of their (debated on this thread) obligation to also do something - and it might have been as simple as a note saying thanks.

i think he DID do what he did out of his professionalism & goodness of his heart, or he wouldn't have agreed to help when approached.

i don't think it was unreasonable for him to ask here (where better actually) what if anything he should expect from UA, given the expectation was set by UA personnel that something would be done for him as a thanks.

also, i don't think it totally fair that he took the amount of bashing he did from some on the thread (btw, i didn't mention any names) - heck, there's lots more threads on medical & what to expect where the docs did sound like they were expecting something that deserved some of the bashing. i don't think this one rose to that level.

but if we go down that road, there are a lot of entitlement threads on the UA forum for things a lot less important than medical assistance, so at least his was somewhat legitimate.

and since he has a low post count, he probably didn't realize (does now!) that when someone posts, the responses can run the gamut. cheers.

and a belated Welcome to FT to him!

------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited Mar 10, 2004).]
Old Mar 10, 2004, 2:56 pm
Liz

Programs: MP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkiAdcock:
...snip...liz, i doubt if the doc is looking for a token of appreciation from us FTers as much as he is from UA.

</font>
I didn't say anything about a FT reward, must have been someone else.

I really felt I answered the question about procedure and what should happen. UA won't send a "reward" if the paperwork doesn't get processed through the proper channels. It is outlined in our manual, as I mentioned.

Old Mar 10, 2004, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sorry for the confusion Liz! I meant ldsant whose name is Liz. I'll stick to handles from now on. Cheers.

------------------
Sharon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.