Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F/As make out at 40000 ft

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: UA1K
i gotta say this is an entertaining thread. you can take a picture very discretely...and obviously UA doesn't care because i do it all the time.

but without actual proof...it's pointless to report it. he said/she said IMO.

and seems like a good storyline for boogie nights...UA style
Old Aug 22, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: OnePass Ex-Platinum now dirtinum
Originally Posted by Pingtung
completely inappropriate on the job, imagine doing that at your workplace in front of clients
Oh, I've imagined just that many, many times....
Old Aug 22, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
Oh well whatever passes the time eh
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd
Two 40-year-olds on display in a jumpseat at 40,000 feet maintaining 1,2 or 3 for 3-4 hours?

Appropriateness, propriety and taste aside, I can't help but be impressed by their stamina! ^
Well, if it reached the four-hour mark, it would be time to call for a doctor, wouldn't it? Or perhaps call a press conference.

Originally Posted by booch
is it unprofessional: yeah. would it bother me: no.
Logical conclusion: "Unprofessional conduct doesn't bother me."

I don't agree.

Cheap jokes aside, unprofessional conduct bothers me. We tolerate it too often, in too many ways, in too many places. One of my kids is an airline captain. He sometimes flies with female FOs. Would those who say "let it slide" extend their "live and let live" attitude to the flight deck? Just wondering. After all, today's flight management computers are very good. . .

Those with "flexible" attitudes about professionalism and doing your job well always lose credibility when it comes to the "where do you draw the line?" question. Professionalism is not situational, nor is it in the eye of the beholder. It is almost always empirical and binary--either you're a pro or you're not. If you're not, you don't deserve to wear the uniform--literally or figuratively.

The behavior by these FAs was unacceptable and unprofessional, and should clearly be reported.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by allga
Cheap jokes aside, unprofessional conduct bothers me... either you're a pro or you're not. If you're not, you don't deserve to wear the uniform--literally or figuratively...
I prefer to think of them as priceless comments and the OP is no doubt grateful the FAs left their uniforms on throughout their rendezvous.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by Pingtung
completely inappropriate on the job, imagine doing that at your workplace in front of clients
+1.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Time to make a UA version of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61I1-uuhQZE
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mre5765
Why do I bother?

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1036,00.html
Also, unauthorized photography, audio, or video recording of airline personnel, aircraft equipment, or procedures is always prohibited. Any voice, audio, video, or other photography (motion or still), recording, or transmission while on any United Airlines aircraft is strictly prohibited, except to the extent specifically permitted by United Airlines.
Since you agreed to these conditions when you bought the ticket, when you post a photo of two FAs engaged in on-board coitus, you are disobeying a crew member. Which in this post-9/11 insanity, will always get you an interview with a cop.

As to why bloggers get away with posting photos while on UA aircraft: because they aren't posting pictures of UA employees performing illegal, unethical, or unprofessional acts.
....and JUST ABOVE the text you so selectively copied:
This policy is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
and as to why taking pictures out the window or of their food/etc:
The use of still and video cameras, film or digital, including any cellular or other devices that have this capability, is permitted only for recording of personal events.
so why do you bother? Good question, why do you bother to try and take snip-its of text to try and justify incorrect statements?

no one is going to get arrested for taking a picture, unless perhaps if the crew told them to stop and they continued and they could say it interfered with their duties. I'd love to hear how having someone photograph your makeout session interfered with your duties as a crew member
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by mre5765

snip snip

Since you agreed to these conditions when you bought the ticket, when you post a photo of two FAs engaged in on-board coitus, - - - - - snip snip

-

Please look up the definition of coitus. The OP never said the FAs were so engaged. I cannot imagine where you got that from his post.

This thread is out of control with erroneous speculation. The use of that word is strong and is without credibility given the circumstances. As has already been suggested, without photos, no one would believe even the "making out" portion of the allegation.

I interpreted the OP's thread to mean that two flight attendants were sitting on a jump seat bench across from the OP. While the OP was trying to sleep, one or both FAs kicked the OP foot and that the two FAs were "making out" for three or four hours. Three or four hours!

"Making out" can mean just about anything but certainly not coitus considering the two individuals were sitting on a jump seat in full view of presumably a flight filled with passengers.

I have learned in life there are usually two sides to most stories or allegations. I suspect that the two flight attendants in question have quite a different version of what occurred on the jump seat.
-
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:34 pm

This being UA, many of the posters will no doubt be relieved not to be flying BA:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...high-club.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...h-airways.html
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Please look up the definition of coitus.
Post coitus homme est triste.

Were the FAs in question cheerful during the breakfast service? That could be a tipoff.

Seriously, given the OP's perception of this incident, he'd be well advised to e-mail CR.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Item one : there was no coitus, no coitus interruptus and no penetration whatsoever. That was never in my original post!

Item two : It was midflight, the shades were closed, it was pretty dark inside the cabin, only the galley lights were on. How can I take a photo of two people making out in front of me three feet away without being noticed? Also, if you read some of my other posts you will find that we are not into this twitter/facebook, instant communication thing. We carry around an older "cellphone", what young people probably would describe as "antique". Taking (a) picture(s) was not an option.

Originally Posted by Fredd
Were the FAs in question cheerful during the breakfast service? That could be a tipoff. "
When breakfast service began,they left the jumpseat and he was helping handing out the special ordered meals, she was nowhere to be seen. We figured, she was working BZ or 1st. He seemed professional, not overly cheerful but balanced I carry no personal grudge towards him or her, we just thought it was unprofessional and disrespectful to do this thing right in front of us. And all the time acknowledging us, letting us know that they knew we were watching and also letting us know, that our presence meant nothing to them. Also,I don't think they or at least he were/was on their rest period, because he was answering every time a call button activated. That can be considered a plus. But while he was gone delivering water or whatever, she corrected her make-up anxiously waiting for him to return.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 22, 2010 at 9:00 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:00 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
After almost 90 posts, time to give this thread the rest it deserves. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.