Wiki Posts
Search

F/As make out at 40000 ft

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Tacky.

Unprofessional.

If it were passengers, it would just be plain tacky. But with anyone in a working capacity, it's just plain unprofessional.

And really stupid.

Oh, and TACKY.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by pdquick
Not appropriate at all. If pax started doing this, they would be asked to stop. Same standard (if not a higher standard) should apply to FAs.
How would anyone feel about passengers in the C cabin making out...tacky really?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by bmustaf
I think the FAA wouldn't look kindly upon such behavior, either.
Why would the FAA care?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Definitely unprofessional, unacceptable. I cannot believe any one would condone this behavior. Definitely report them.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:01 pm

The way everyone is charging fees these days I wouldn't mention what I saw. The airline might try and charge you for the show.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would report it. Their behavior was keeping you from sleeping. If they hadn't been kicking anyone or the like then I would ignore it.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by bmustaf

I guess I'm prudish, but that's just disgusting. I'd report it in a second if it was me.

snip snip

Anyway, I have a personal objection to watching other people make out, it's gross. I also don't like watching other people cut their toe nails, use the toilet, etc, etc. I know there are people out there that *do* and perhaps I'm just weird,

snip snip

I wouldn't have waited for the flight to land, after a few minutes it would have been an immediate request to speak to the captain, request for a skykit, and frankly, a request for the destination station manager to meet the flight. I think the FAA wouldn't look kindly upon such behavior, either.
Speak to the captain?

Request the station manager to meet the aircraft?

And - - , ask for a Sky Kit.

Isn't the above a little extreme?

Things are not always as they appear. Particularly on a very long flight in a darkened cabin. Kicking (maybe accidentally bumping) the back of a passenger's seat does not mean the kicker is "making out" so to speak.

If such "making out" had been going on for up to "four hours" it seems that the purser or someone in charge would have known about the situation.

With all due respect, I think the alleged incident did not happen as reported.

Incidentally, what does a Sky Kit have to do with any of this? Just curious.
-

Last edited by dgcpaphd; Aug 20, 2010 at 10:47 pm Reason: clarification
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Pics or it didn't happen...
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
I'd have said, "at least you could spread some love this way with a bottle of red from F."
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1P, A|Club G, DL SM, SPG G
LeBron James: "Haters gonna hate"
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Report it. If they so unprofessional as to make out in public and kick you in the process, they are very likely unprofessional in other ways. Even if they never repeated this particular conduct, I wouldn't want them working any flight I'm on.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
+1. No pictures, it didn't happen :-)

Originally Posted by warreng24
Pics or it didn't happen...
It is kind of suprising that nobody got a photo (assuming that nobody did; I'd think by now it would have made the rounds and we'd know about it). Some of us have our cameras handy 100% of the time, and, as somebody pointed out, who doesn't have a cell phone with a camera these days?

(On the other hand, it might be hard to be icognito with a camera on a long flight, especially taking a photo of people directly in front of you)
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:57 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by shinbal
Tacky.

Unprofessional.

If it were passengers, it would just be plain tacky. But with anyone in a working capacity, it's just plain unprofessional.

And really stupid.

Oh, and TACKY.
I don't care if they were passengers or crew; I'd complain; quite loudly in this case as it was crew. Love & being in, is perfect & lovely but hey, not when it kicks me awake AND I'M NOT INVOLVED! Way too intimate for me & even worse that it was crew; sorry, just so not right! The fact that the rest of the crew thought it was acceptable behavior (their jokes/comments implied as much) is way beyond tacky; where was the supervisor/purser? Imagine Starbucks, Safeway or Target staff making out in the aisles or front of the stores "on their break"; eeeewwwww! I'm fairly certain this behavior is absolutely NOT ALLOWED/PERMITTED/SANCTIONED.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by travelsavant

snip snip

- - - I'm fairly certain this behavior is absolutely NOT ALLOWED/PERMITTED/SANCTIONED.
Or, never happened the way it was reported.

Frankly, the incident, as reported, lacks credibility.
-
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, VS (silver-for-life revoked), DL, WN, AS, Hilton diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
It is kind of suprising that nobody got a photo
Safety violation to photograph crew, be arrested at arrival airport.

Originally Posted by astroflyer
Hmm...I think making out while in uniform is actually shockingly unprofessional behavior.
Yes, they certainly should have taken off their clothes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.