Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
I think that is an artifact of no one "sitting" in those rows - it seems the graphic of the person "stretches" the seat a bit.

If my math is correct (and it may not be ) there is 30/32 more Y seats than the current 3 class aircraft so maybe they felt more E+ was warranted for the reduction in C seats?????
That might be the explanation!

If that seat map is real, that's just more reason to try to book exclusively on the 777 (if doomed to Y). The larger 744 only has 7 rows of E+ (70 seats) and about 200 E-. This ~50/50 balance is nice.

It does seem to make sense to put more E+ on aircraft flying to/from Europe and Japan.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:46 am

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
Interesting note regarding the schedule...

ualcargo.com still shows the 77Q for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday... however, .bomb only shows the new seatmap for Friday's flight. Presumably, that's a .bomb error/they just haven't updated it yet... but I'd say it's far from 100% confident that this bird is flying 914/975 all three days this weekend.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Rows 44-45 are asymetrical - no C seats in these two rows.

If it was curvature of the plane in the back, wouldn't there also be no H seats in these rows?

If I had to fly E+ and wanted my carry-on with me, I'd try to snap up 31B or 31J. These are "classic" two-seat rows; they're in E+; and you can stow your carry-on under the seat in front and to the side of you (30C or 30H)!

Last edited by DenverBrian; Apr 22, 2010 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:04 am

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by uapremier
United cargo is showing 975 as going out with the new config
April 23
April 24
April 25

but on Monday the 26th it returns to the old config. Not sure if they haven't figured out what they're doing with this plane yet, if it goes elsewhere, or if cargo hasn't updated things yet....
Using ualcargo.com, I have checked all possible routings I can think of that would make sense for an int'l config 777 (new or old) to fly:

NA:
sfo-iad
sfo-ord
sfo-den
sfo-lax

Asia:
sfo-hkg
sfo-pvg
sfo-pek
sfo-kix
sfo-icn
sfo-nrt

Europe:
sfo-fra
sfo-lhr

for Monday 26 April, and I don't see the 77Q anywhere. Haven't checked the following days / the following weekend yet. Perhaps they're letting it rest on Monday? Maybe they want to see how the seats wore after six whole transcons? who knows...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.4MM; AA PLT 2.5MM; Hilton Diamond; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex MR; Chase UR, et al
Originally Posted by hawaii777
Might this be because of the separation at door 2 between the mini-cabin and rest of business which the seatmap doesn't show accurately? Just speculating.. I don't know if there is still a mini-cabin of business class in this new configuration.
This is almost certainly the case. With only two rows in F and the significant increase in Y seats, two rows of C/J will still need to be forward of door 2, with the rest still behind door 2.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Of course it is the 2-row mini-cabin. Although the Y configuration has changed, the F and C seats will still be the same as on the 747 and 767, so we can assume that the seat maps UA originally published will be accurate for F and C. And in those seatmpas, there were 2 rows of C before door 2 and 3 rows aft of door 2.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 000123UA
This is almost certainly the case. With only two rows in F and the significant increase in Y seats, two rows of C/J will still need to be forward of door 2, with the rest still behind door 2.
With F going down by one row, but space requirements for both F and C seats increasing, this might be the case. The aft C-class cabins with 3 rows will certainly be smaller and feel more private.

Kinda wondering how wide the C-seat will measure given there are 8 across, which is actually one more than in the current config. Hope width will still be sufficient to make for a comfortable ride.

E+ looks huge indeed, especially vs E-.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
If I had to fly E+ and wanted my carry-on with me, I'd try to snap up 31B or 31J. These are "classic" two-seat rows; they're in E+; and you can stow your carry-on under the seat in front and to the side of you (30C or 30H)!
One risk may be limited recline (if jumpseats are right behind you).

If I'm traveling solo I'm picking an aisle in the center section, and hope middle dude bothers the other aisle guy everytime he wants to go for a walkabout
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: UA1K 1MM
Still hopeful

We've still got our fingers crossed that the newly configured plane will carry UA914 on 4/24. I just rechecked our seat assignments and .bomb is still showing the old configuration.

There is a change from yesterday regarding seats available for purchase on the flight. Yesterday there was exactly one seat, F1, showing for sale on the flight. As of now it is showing F1, A1, C1, J1, Y8, B8. All other fare classes = zero.

OK everybody should do their supplication of choice so that I have the chance to do a trip report.

CB
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
One risk may be limited recline (if jumpseats are right behind you).

If I'm traveling solo I'm picking an aisle in the center section, and hope middle dude bothers the other aisle guy everytime he wants to go for a walkabout
Not to mention: If you're forced to choose a middle seat in Y from now on, you'll want exact middle/center, so you'll have two ways out instead of just one.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
However, .bomb still has the old seatmap when I try a dummy booking..
Not any more although the "new" seat maps aren't very helpful in showing the geographic relationship of the new seating (other than distinguishing between front and rear facing business class seats.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Jet Yi
Not any more although the "new" seat maps aren't very helpful in showing the geographic relationship of the new seating (other than distinguishing between front and rear facing business class seats.
I know, I saw that earlier when I posted screen shots of the seatmaps on a flight from SFO-IAD tomorrow..
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cesco.g
With F going down by one row, but space requirements for both F and C seats increasing, this might be the case. The aft C-class cabins with 3 rows will certainly be smaller and feel more private.
I'm trying to understand this. Are you thinking that there won't be some physical separation between F and the first two rows of C? I would think that there would be a wall of some type leaving the 2 row section of C more intimate than that with 3 rows.

I guess we'll all know more tomorrow!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA1K 1MM
As of now United Cargo is still showing 914 on 4/24 as a 77Q. .bomb still shows the old seat map but UA keeps changing the fare availability.

Now it's all zeros for F and C except J1 while several E fare classes show 8 or 9 seats for sale. Of course it's not definitive but when I enter my itinerary and access seat assignments there are stll quite a few C seats unassigned.

I believe that they may be doing what one reservation supervisor said they would do. That is when they are reasonably sure one of the reconfigured 777s will be operating a flight they will cap C tickets at 40 and F at 8 to avoid too many C to Y and / or F to C downgrades and furious customers. This was based on a phone conversation with 1K reservations yesterday when I asked "What is the procedure for re-seating if a flight is changed from an old to new configuration 3-cabin 777?"

Of course this is not an announced policy and YMM(and probably will)V wildly.

CB
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by United PR
It's no secret that the first reconfigured 777 is getting its final walk-throughs even as we speak, and no secret that SFO will figure prominently in its initial flying.
My wife is flying HNL-SFO on the Sunday night red-eye. Seems like that'd be a great mid-length over-water run for you to try out the new config on! I mean, c'mon, you gotta make sure the pax know where the life preservers are, and it's just not the same to beta-test this over dry land!

She's connecting onto DEN, also on a 777. Or is that the same one that comes from HNL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.