Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:05 pm
Company Representative - United Airlines

Programs: United Public Relations
Looks can be deceiving...

Ladies and Gents,

OK, OK, you've compelled United PR to come out of the silence and into the light.

It's no secret that the first reconfigured 777 is getting its final walk-throughs even as we speak, and no secret that SFO will figure prominently in its initial flying.

But I caution you: its routing will be very fluid over the next few weeks.

I'm sure you remember from when we launched the new configuration in the 763s and the 744s that plans change (and planes change). There's a good chance the 777 we're all waiting for will not operate UA914 this Friday, as some folks have been discussing here. And the LAST thing we want is for you to book or change a reservation in the course of chasing this aircraft just to be disappointed when you board.

At this point, that's really the best I can tell you about where it's going and when. But stay tuned and we'll tell you what we can when we can.

United PR
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by United PR
Ladies and Gents,

OK, OK, you've compelled United PR to come out of the silence and into the light.

It's no secret that the first reconfigured 777 is getting its final walk-throughs even as we speak, and no secret that SFO will figure prominently in its initial flying.

But I caution you: its routing will be very fluid over the next few weeks.

I'm sure you remember from when we launched the new configuration in the 763s and the 744s that plans change (and planes change). There's a good chance the 777 we're all waiting for will not operate UA914 this Friday, as some folks have been discussing here. And the LAST thing we want is for you to book or change a reservation in the course of chasing this aircraft just to be disappointed when you board.

At this point, that's really the best I can tell you about where it's going and when. But stay tuned and we'll tell you what we can when we can.

United PR
Do we have an ETA for seatmaps?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CaptainBilly
Oooh! Oooh!

I'm in C on UA 914 SFO to IAD on 4/24. Please, please, let it be the new configuration on Saturday the 24th too! If it is I promise a trip report with pictures.

CB
Only if you sit in E+.

We all know what to expect about C/F. It's the new Y product that needs to be vetted.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Only if you sit in E+.

We all know what to expect about C/F. It's the new Y product that needs to be vetted.
Exactly. I'm very interested to hear reports.

This is kind of exciting, actually. With the 747/767 conversions completed, there wasn't much left to speculate about. Now we can all go back to wondering aloud if we'll get this new bird...

BTW, is it fair to say we actually have no idea what the config in Y is going to look like? UA had posted seatmaps some time back, but that was before they had to go back to the drawing board with Y, right?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by as219
is it fair to say we actually have no idea what the config in Y is going to look like? UA had posted seatmaps some time back
Since all recent indications are a 3-3-3 interior, anything UA has previously released is very obsolete.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Only if you sit in E+.

Capt Billy could, of course, take a quick run into Y since he'll be boarding early and snap a few shots of E/E+ if he is, in fact, on the new bird *hint hint nudge nudge wink wink*
Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Capt Billy could, of course, take a quick run into Y since he'll be boarding early and snap a few shots of E/E+ if he is, in fact, on the new bird *hint hint nudge nudge wink wink*
+1

If the new bird does fly on this flight, and a bunch of FTers are on the flight, I wonder if some of them would shoot down the UDU, so they can try out the E+ seats...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by chrislacey
Ok...probably my stupidity...but I'm not seeing 77Q come up as equipment on UA914 on 4/24 on ualcargo.com
use the flight schedule link vis the flight status link on the unitedcargo home page

Originally Posted by CaptainBilly
Oooh! Oooh!

I'm in C on UA 914 SFO to IAD on 4/24. Please, please, let it be the new configuration on Saturday the 24th too! If it is I promise a trip report with pictures.

CB
sticks are crossed for you cuz as for now, using the link i noted above, it is showing as a 77q but you'd best bring your camera or no tootsie-pop for you (and btw, it looks like the flight is almost completely zero'd out)

now perchance to dream that it's there way out on june 21.....<sigh>
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I'm flying on UA975 in F tomorrow (4/21). When I checked in online, the seatmap showed the new configuration. The Cargo website says it's the old plane, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Condition One
I'm flying on UA975 in F tomorrow (4/21). When I checked in online, the seatmap showed the new configuration. The Cargo website says it's the old plane, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Tomorrow is 4/22, not 4/21... 975 is IAD-SFO and the seatmap that I see online is the old one. If you're referring to UA975 GVA-IAD.. that's a 767. If you go onto OLCI and see a new 777 seat map please post an image!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist

Spot on! ^
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
If you go onto OLCI and see a new 777 seat map please post an image!
(I hate to do this, but...) +1!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA1K 1MM
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
OK, I'm back from the beach.

Wel-l-l... I suppose that I could go aft of the curtain. Just so I don't get the hem of my robes soiled in the process.

CB

Originally Posted by goalie
use the flight schedule link vis the flight status link on the unitedcargo home page

sticks are crossed for you cuz as for now, using the link i noted above, it is showing as a 77q but you'd best bring your camera or no tootsie-pop for you (and btw, it looks like the flight is almost completely zero'd out)

now perchance to dream that it's there way out on june 21.....<sigh>
When I checked a few hours ago UA 914 for 4/24 SFO -> IAD was F1, A1 and all other fare classes = zero.

CB

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 21, 2010 at 5:36 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/ 1MM, SPG Plat
United cargo is showing 975 as going out with the new config
April 23
April 24
April 25

but on Monday the 26th it returns to the old config. Not sure if they haven't figured out what they're doing with this plane yet, if it goes elsewhere, or if cargo hasn't updated things yet....
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uapremier
United cargo is showing 975 as going out with the new config
April 23
April 24
April 25

but on Monday the 26th it returns to the old config. Not sure if they haven't figured out what they're doing with this plane yet, if it goes elsewhere, or if cargo hasn't updated things yet....
However, .bomb still has the old seatmap when I try a dummy booking..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.