Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

GoGo Internet on p.s. Flights (Prices, Codes, Experiences, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GoGo Internet on p.s. Flights (Prices, Codes, Experiences, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know of any active promo codes? Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Anyone know of any active promo codes? Thanks!
Bump. Anyone? Bueller? Nothing out there, huh? "Not looking good" I guess.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:29 am

Hi,

workaround for paying less: Use a tool like "User Agent mod" for firefox and pretend to be an iPhone, they will charge you less (the Smartphone rate) and you will be able to use it without limitations, that is what I experienced on my last week JFK-LAX flight. None of the voucher codes for free wifi was working.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:02 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Current Pricing

While GoGo advertises a 30 day pass for single airline use, UA does not participate, so the only in-flight purchase option is the single-use pass. The passes you can buy on the ground are also valid.

The redeye flights are $4.95 and $12.95 for all others. I logged on tonight's LAX-JFK redeye and only the $12.95 pass was being shown; I brought this to GoGo Customer Care's attention (via live chat) and was given a 50% cert that I will use for my next p.s. flight in a few weeks. Not a perfect solution, but better than nothing, IMO.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Where on the ground can I get a pass for the wifi? I will be taking my first PS flights in a while this weekend.

Also, I have a standard macbook. Will my plug fit into the outlet in the C Class seats? I am using the extension cord that came with the computer.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Where on the ground can I get a pass for the wifi? I will be taking my first PS flights in a while this weekend.

Also, I have a standard macbook. Will my plug fit into the outlet in the C Class seats? I am using the extension cord that came with the computer.
If by extension cord you mean that regular 3-prong plug that slides into the boxy thing, then yeah it'll work in the outlets. I've used it before no problem. I can't remember cause I rarely use it...but I recall having trouble getting the 2-prong plug to fit in the C seat because of the angle/size of the "box" part of the charger.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
If by extension cord you mean that regular 3-prong plug that slides into the boxy thing, then yeah it'll work in the outlets. I've used it before no problem. I can't remember cause I rarely use it...but I recall having trouble getting the 2-prong plug to fit in the C seat because of the angle/size of the "box" part of the charger.
The two prong one will not fit because of how the armrest comes over the plug and the angle the plug is at. The three prong will fit though if you are doing anything particularly power consuming or your screen brightness is too high you will trip the circuit and will be forced to unplug and then replug the adapter. The computer also so much does not charge as just not drain when it is open.

So are there any promos out there right now for wifi? I have a flight at the end of this week that I need to get on the net during?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by adambadam
The two prong one will not fit because of how the armrest comes over the plug and the angle the plug is at. The three prong will fit though if you are doing anything particularly power consuming or your screen brightness is too high you will trip the circuit and will be forced to unplug and then replug the adapter. The computer also so much does not charge as just not drain when it is open.

So are there any promos out there right now for wifi? I have a flight at the end of this week that I need to get on the net during?
So my laptop wont drain any power if it is plugged in but also wont recharge?

In other words if my laptop is fully charged and I plug it in, I will be able to use it for the whole 6 hr flight from JFK-SFO?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'm also taking two p.s. flights this weekend, both in C.. Should I just go with two one-way passes, or is there a cheaper option?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Benny8444
So my laptop wont drain any power if it is plugged in but also wont recharge?

In other words if my laptop is fully charged and I plug it in, I will be able to use it for the whole 6 hr flight from JFK-SFO?
Correct that has been my experience with a Mac on ps. As long as it doesn't trip the fuse and thus stop charging, the power level won't go down at the very least.

Also I see that if you buy a pass at the Gogo website before you leave you can get it for $11. Does this work on UA and is this the best deal right now?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K
Does UA accept the GOGO 24 hour passes?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Does the GoGo 6-pack ($50) work on UA PS & what is the time frame for usage? the GoGo site is short on details.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Does the GoGo 6-pack ($50) work on UA PS & what is the time frame for usage? the GoGo site is short on details.
I did the GoGo chat before I went on my p.s. flight two weeks ago. The rep I chatted with said that UA would only allow you to buy the one-time pass. I guess there is no option to purchase a multi-day pass, if you plan on using it on UA..
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I did the GoGo chat before I went on my p.s. flight two weeks ago. The rep I chatted with said that UA would only allow you to buy the one-time pass. I guess there is no option to purchase a multi-day pass, if you plan on using it on UA..
This what I got with the GOGO agent chat
GOGO chat agent: How can I help you today?
WineCountryUA: Is GOGO 6 PACK available for United Airline PS flights?
WineCountryUA: What is the time frame of GOGO 6 PACK?
WineCountryUA: What is the expiration on the codes?
GOGO chat agent: The codes generated by the 6 pack can be used on any of our carriers. You can only purchase the 6 pack from our ground site however.
GOGO chat agent: There is no expiration for the codes.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This what I got with the GOGO agent chat

GOGO chat agent: How can I help you today?
WineCountryUA: Is GOGO 6 PACK available for United Airline PS flights?
WineCountryUA: What is the time frame of GOGO 6 PACK?
WineCountryUA: What is the expiration on the codes?
GOGO chat agent: The codes generated by the 6 pack can be used on any of our carriers. You can only purchase the 6 pack from our ground site however.
GOGO chat agent: There is no expiration for the codes.
I stand corrected. The rep who I chatted with gave the me the wrong information. As long as you buy the unlimited or 6 pack on the ground, they'll work fine on UA. The only one you can't buy is the 24 hour pass, which GoGo says is unsupported by UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.