Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I upgrade on US with UA 500-milers?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PTravel
I'm flying SNA/ATL via PHX. I just checked in on-line and was offered an F upgrade on the PHX/ATL leg for $150, which I think is very reasonable for 3+ hours in the air. I snapped it up. Now if I can just get the same offer on my return.
I'm glad to hear that. Thoguh I bet USAirways isn't as they probably want people to buy F on such long legs
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by PTravel
I'm flying SNA/ATL via PHX. I just checked in on-line and was offered an F upgrade on the PHX/ATL leg for $150, which I think is very reasonable for 3+ hours in the air. I snapped it up. Now if I can just get the same offer on my return.
Last week, due to weather, I was rerouted from SFO-ORD-DTW on United metal to SFO-DTW "Direct" thru PHX on US. Lost my e-plus and ended up way back in a middle seat. At PHX, they advertised the upgrade at the gate, $150 to F, PHX-DTW, so I took it (the chicken was rubbery btw). Is it possible to get a COS bonus on that segment?

(while I was waiting for them to process the upgrade, I noticed several elites asking the GA about upgrades. I felt a little bad buying their upgrades away from them right at the gate. I would be a little annoyed if I were a US elite. I guess this is the wave of the future for UA too.)
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:26 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by frankmu
Last week, due to weather, I was rerouted from SFO-ORD-DTW on United metal to SFO-DTW "Direct" thru PHX on US. Lost my e-plus and ended up way back in a middle seat. At PHX, they advertised the upgrade at the gate, $150 to F, PHX-DTW, so I took it (the chicken was rubbery btw). Is it possible to get a COS bonus on that segment? ....
Depends on the booking class it ended up in. Gate paid upgrades end up in NF (or the equivalent) for many airlines and therefore no CoS bonus. For that cost I would suspect you will get your original booking class miles.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Depends on the booking class it ended up in. Gate paid upgrades end up in NF (or the equivalent) for many airlines and therefore no CoS bonus. For that cost I would suspect you will get your original booking class miles.

just Y I guess. oh well. the wine in the plastic cup was better than being stuck in the middle . thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.