Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, Avis CHM
Joe Montana on UA1661 SFO-SJD 10/16/2007

... with wife Jennifer. For heaven's sake, a TED flight!

Everyone kept their respectful distance at the baggage claim, although he did leave the area early & by himself.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:58 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Today morning, I shared a ride on the the Dulles Jawa sandcrawler from UA concourse C to IAD main terminal with Francis Collins, leader of the Human Genome Project.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:10 pm

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I passed Sarah Jessica Parker and a small entourage while commuting through the ORD underground neon-tunnel a few weeks ago.

TV makes her look a lot better than she does in person.
It is called 'Lights, Make-up, and snorting'. She hasn't been attractive since 'Girls just want to have fun'.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:24 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Former SF Giant Dave Drevecky

This guy is an inspiation for all cancer survivors. I saw him at SFO Terminal 3 on 10/28 around 12:30 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Smile thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Pegasus23
Sam Donaldson Date of birth: March 11, 1934...73 almost 74
Wow--he does look good and is very active/spry for his age!!!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:19 am

Programs: United 1K, 1.6MM
Hall of Famer...

...Reggie Jackson! Was going through IAD security at 6:00am on a Monday morning on my way to SFO, and was going through the premium security line. I was standing in front of him and realized who it was as he took forever to take off his alligator skin shoes and his cashmere overcoat. When we were on the other side, the security agent stalled and I looked at Mr. October and tried to small talk. He nodded to several of my comments but did not ant to make the effort to speak to me. Shame - I am a diehard Yankees fan and he has been one of my faves...
Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sal Paolantonio of ESPN wandering around the DEN B Concourse by the escalators just now.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: UA gold
Originally Posted by hsxagent
It is called 'Lights, Make-up, and snorting'. She hasn't been attractive since 'Girls just want to have fun'.
Do you mean Cyndi Lauper?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 2P
Henry Waxman UA 212 10/29

The ever-nosey (he's the top House investigator and Chairman of the House Gov't. Oversight Cmtte.) Rep. Waxman was seated next to me (across the aisle) - I in 3E and he in 3B on UA 212 (the red-eye LAX-IAD)...

I talked to him but won't discuss the nature of the conversation... I went to UCLA (and he was therefore my Congressman for four years) so I had a lot to get off my chest... very polite in person
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by sfmaus
Do you mean Cyndi Lauper?
I believe the reference is to this little gem: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089208/
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Platinum
Sean Penn on a UA flight out of LAX this afternoon.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:19 pm

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Originally Posted by wakeboarderjeff
I believe the reference is to this little gem: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089208/
Thanks... Got to love IMDB! ^
Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
To raise the tone of this thread a bit (sorry ) - Dale Clevenger, awesome French horn player with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, a bit surprised to have been recognized as we went through security at ORD T1.

I have had a strange selection of celebrity sightings recently: Michelle Obama, DCA - ORD with another well-connected Chicagoan the morning after the Dem debate at Howard University in (I think) late June; Joan Nathan, cookbook columnist and author, also DCA; and another CSO luminary, Bruce Yeh, clarinetist.

None of them have IMDB.com links though. I'll have to keep looking...
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:34 am

Burt Bacharach in First from ORD to LAX on Monday. What a pleasant guy. Too bad I spoke with him throughout the entire flight and had no idea who he was until a FA asked him for a photo.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
I'm amazed that some of these folks aren't flying private jets, especially as timeshares and air taxis become more common. I mean the delay potential, the repetitive safety announcements, broken equipment and having to deal with autograph hounds and weirdos (maybe even a few FTers ), etc. I can understand politicians doing it because they're under close financial scrutiny, but why would Sean Penn fly commercial?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.