Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2009, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The legroom in 19 is pretty poor - the only way I could get comfortable would pretty much have been to stick my legs as high up the bulkhead as possible. There's more room between the seat and the bulkhead than there would be between two normal rows, but there's no cutout or seat in front of you to put your feet through. I'm 6'2, though, so it might be better for someone shorter. In future I'd take a normal E+ seat over row 19.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:55 pm

I took a new C on 767 today. I bought a iPod cable and then realized there was no iPod menu on the main screen
I asked a FA and he said some of the 767s don't have the option
He didn't know why, but he also said it's typical UA and stupid.
I returned the cable.

Last edited by Hiro32; Mar 9, 2009 at 11:34 pm
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Hiro32
He didn't know why
The first few are like this. They'll eventually get the new software.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:52 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Miracle!!

Originally Posted by qfrodo
From sitting behind those rows, they seem to have a bit less recline. Also, you can't raise the arm rest between the F/G or J/K seats in either of those rows or their opposite pairs on the other side, due to tray in arm rest and flip up monitor. I prefer the aisle as the window seat seems to be a bit colder. If row 20 is already reserved, it has to be a 1P or above, so I would check frequently to see if they open up due to the current occupant(s) getting an upgrade approved. (were 20 A&B also already taken?)
My dilemma between row 19 and regular E+ was miraculously resolved!

I was rechecking the flights and saw NC3 on my return IAD-EZE. I didn't know why our upgrades hadn't cleared though. So I called the 1K desk, and the agent verified that our upgrades were still waitlisted, and that there actually was NC inventory as .bomb said! She was surprised and didn't know why the UG didn't clear, so she did something (cancel and re-request? she didn't say exactly what) that pushed the upgrade to clear into the available NC space.

So, thanks to this little miracle, now we are in C on the way back, and in row 20 (the prime exit row in E+?) on the way there!!

Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:56 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The first few are like this. They'll eventually get the new software.
The first few planes did not have the iPod cable jack. They were to be installed later.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
The first few planes did not have the iPod cable jack. They were to be installed later.
There was an iPod cable jack. It was just a software problem.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by OskiBear
One thing that was annoying on the IAD-EZE-IAD trip last year on the 767 was the light in the flight attendant area. If I recall correctly, the FA's sit in a spot in front of the Y+ bulkhead. However, being in the aisle of the exit row (I think it might have been 21 at the time instead of 21?), the bright light in their area was on the entire flight.

It made me go out and buy an eyeshade for the first time in all my travels
On the GIG-IAD recently the FA pulled out the light fitting and installed a piece of tin foil under it and then popped the fitting back - made a nice dull night light effect that was a great idea.

Not sure how it stands from a safety perspective though?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
crew rest seat on new 767

I put my dad on a 767 flight SFO-ORD and it was one of the internationally configured 767s. His upgrade didn't go through so I just put him in one of the crew rest seats that I guess are "technically" in the E+ section.

He told me afterwards that since the curtain separating E+ from Business was actually behind the crew rest seats, he and his seatmate ended up getting free business class meals along with the rest of the C cabin.

Is this normally the way United treats the crew rest seats? Sold along with the Economy Plus cabin but treated to Business Class service since the physical divider is actually behind the seats?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat.
Yes, although technically Economy these seats are provided with C service as a matter of policy.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Starwood Platinum
IME they're usually blocked until just before departure, and filled with upgraders or assigned at the very last minute. I've sat in them before on the old config - theyr'e kind of weird, definitely not business class seats, but they have footrests, and you get business class food and drinks.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by JohnnyJet
Yes, although technically Economy these seats are provided with C service as a matter of policy.
Ah, I didn't know that... just another reason to snag them. I saw a family of four sitting in them on a recent DEN-ORD flight (they boarded with us on red carpet, so at least one was a GS/1K, I guess) but didn't notice that they got food.

Not that biz food on domestics is anything to love. But hey, if it's free...
Old Jun 12, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by bniu
I put my dad on a 767 flight SFO-ORD and it was one of the internationally configured 767s. His upgrade didn't go through so I just put him in one of the crew rest seats that I guess are "technically" in the E+ section.

He told me afterwards that since the curtain separating E+ from Business was actually behind the crew rest seats, he and his seatmate ended up getting free business class meals along with the rest of the C cabin.

Is this normally the way United treats the crew rest seats? Sold along with the Economy Plus cabin but treated to Business Class service since the physical divider is actually behind the seats?
Hmmmm..., what's the row number on 767? Also, what is the row number for the crew rest seat on old config 744? I have a coming TPAC flight in E+ (not eligible for upgrade due to the postpone of new policy).
Old Jun 12, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
13 & 14 AB on the 767.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by oldmonster
Hmmmm..., what's the row number on 767? Also, what is the row number for the crew rest seat on old config 744? I have a coming TPAC flight in E+ (not eligible for upgrade due to the postpone of new policy).
On the B744, there are no crew rest seats in the cabin; instead, they have rest areas that are not open to pax: pilots in the UD immediately behind the flight deck, FA crew rest access is behind door 5R.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by oldmonster
Crew rest seat is supposed to used for its purpose, not for pax. It is offered to pax on domestic flights because crews can rest in their jumpseats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.