Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
13A on International 767

I just did OLCI for my flight tomorrow from LAX to ORD. It is scheduled to be a 3-cabin 767, and I noticed that row 13 is open.

After some research, it appears that row 13 and 14 are crew rests on longer flights. Has anyone had experience sitting in these two rows? What was your impression? While seatguru and seatexpert list them as "E+", .bomb actually count them as "E-" Which one is right?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA-1K , AA PLAT, Marriott Platinum
13A is considered a regular economy seat by United, but has very decent leg room and is provided with Business class service (meals etc). I have taken that seat a few times from ORD-DEN and its really niceeee .....
Old Jun 20, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
I've flown these seats a number of times between ORD - LAX; they are the crew rest seats for long haul flights and aren't in use for this itinerary (the FAs will just have to read their magazines in the jump seats).

Regardless, they aren't the full biz. class seats, but do have good recline a small leg rest and generally do get meal service like the rest of biz. class. If you can snag one, might as well give it a try and see if it will stick.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Take them now!!!!!

Good legroom, really good recline, and business class service. ^^

Its as close as one can get to three class service without the three class service part.

How are the row 17-20 seats on the 777. Those are crew rest too, but I'd imagine that they don't get business class service since they're in economy.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by fnothaft
Take them now!!!!!

Good legroom, really good recline, and business class service. ^^

Its as close as one can get to three class service without the three class service part.

How are the row 17-20 seats on the 777. Those are crew rest too, but I'd imagine that they don't get business class service since they're in economy.
These seats are similar to the crew rest in the 76 with extended leg room and small foot rest. You are correct that they do not get biz. class service as they're in the economy section.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
they are sold as economy seats but they're given a free bump to business class service since the seats are actually located in the business class cabin (the curtain is behind these seats). They can't sell them as business class seats since they're not as good as the regular business seats so it'd be "wrong" for United to sell them as business class seats since the customer is not getting the full product.

However, selling them as economy and giving a free upgrade to business service is always okay. There's nothing wrong about over delivering on a product is there? it's a good way to save a few e-upgrades.

American does this on a few two class domestic routes operated by a 3 class plane where the business class cabin is sold as coach. The good thing about it is that if you switch back to the standard product, the customer can't complain when you take away "free" bonuses.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bniu
However, selling them as economy and giving a free upgrade to business service is always okay. There's nothing wrong about over delivering on a product is there? it's a good way to save a few e-upgrades.
While I already have 13A, I am actually on the upgrade waitlist for C class. If I am going to get business class service anyway, should I just cancel my upgrade request? Or should I still go for my first experience of the full-flat seat? (Even though I probably won't sleep from LAX to ORD)
Old Jun 20, 2009, 5:13 pm
Liz

Programs: MP
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
While I already have 13A, I am actually on the upgrade waitlist for C class. If I am going to get business class service anyway, should I just cancel my upgrade request? Or should I still go for my first experience of the full-flat seat? (Even though I probably won't sleep from LAX to ORD)
No, go for the UG.

I find it odd the seats are available. They are the seats of last resort, only to be assigned at the gate if needed. And they do not always cater food for these seats (even though they claim they should). Also they are 'no choice' seats as orders are taken in C first and what is left (if any) goes to these pax.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by ash_79
13A is considered a regular economy seat by United, but has very decent leg room and is provided with Business class service (meals etc). I have taken that seat a few times from ORD-DEN and its really niceeee .....

On IAD-EZE ( 767 INTL ) row 13 does not apear E+ starts in row 18 0r so.. kindly advise. I am understanding correctly. You book a low class fare say L or T and can sit in 13A and get a Business Class Meal?? Sounds good to me
Old Jun 20, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
On IAD-EZE ( 767 INTL ) row 13 does not apear E+ starts in row 18 0r so.. kindly advise. I am understanding correctly. You book a low class fare say L or T and can sit in 13A and get a Business Class Meal?? Sounds good to me
The seats are used as crew rest seats.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I sat in 7A (forward facing) the other day and while I liked it for the most part, I think it should be noted that the air conditioning duct is just aft of the seat so the window is missing. In other words, when you fully recline, the duct will be next to you. There is a bit of extra white noise from the a/c as well.
did anyone (incl OP of course) who's flown in 7A think the noise was more than the standard UA-provided headphones filtered out w/music? I suppose when I'm fully reclined I'd want the shade drawn so lack of window isn't so much an issue.

As noted by others, mostly windows left on my flight, but interestingly only the first row of center seats taken. /shrug
Old Aug 12, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: BA, VA, United 1K, AA, Marriott Plat, *wood, HH Gold
Latest seat configs 767

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier - waaaay too many pages to go through. I have flown the new seat configs in Biz a few times to London and they still don't compare to the likes of BA (besides being some years behind introducing flat beds). I find the armrests great that drop down, but the cubby for your feet is offset to allow for the seat behind/infront's feet and means I felt like I was twisted sleeping all the time and yes the seats feel narrower than the old style even if they didn't go flat.

Better than econ without a doubt but still a long way to go. And for some unknown reason the new config is on the daytime flight over to LHR, not the overnight. Just doesn't make sense at all!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
For the rear-facing seats in C, does anyone have a preference between row 6 and row 8? I'm trying to grab one of the window seats and I'm wondering whether there are any advantages/disadvantages of being in row 6 (next to C/F divider) versus row 8.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
For the rear-facing seats in C, does anyone have a preference between row 6 and row 8? I'm trying to grab one of the window seats and I'm wondering whether there are any advantages/disadvantages of being in row 6 (next to C/F divider) versus row 8.
I was about to post the same question. Flown in 6K before, but considering 8A/K for my next flight.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Britexport

Better than econ without a doubt but still a long way to go. And for some unknown reason the new config is on the daytime flight over to LHR, not the overnight. Just doesn't make sense at all!
More demand for the overnight flights, most likely. I've flown the daytime flight - my preference, actually - but I don't ever recall it being full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.