Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
The middle seat is definitely advantageous from this standpoint, but with a little flexibility getting out is not too difficult even when the other person is lying down. As others have remarked on this thread, you could argue it is easier than on a 777 as you need some dexterity, but don't have to grab seat in from/otherwise inconvenience yourself and others anywhere as much as on the old seat. YMMV
Okay, I may go for window then. I like the idea of the additional privacy the window seat provides...and not to have people walking back and forth next to me.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Is row 6 served from the forward galley or the center galley?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: UA & SPG
IAD-ZRH in C / rear-facing seats?

I'm flying IAD-ZRH in C in a week. I must have been out of the loop, because I wasn't aware of United's rear-facing seats. How do they compare to the front-facing seats, and what is recommended between front and rear? Also, what can I expect from the flight in terms of meals and service?

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat
ua rearfacing IAD-ZRH

Hi, just flew IAD-ZRH in rearfacing biz class seats, and it was absolutely fine. Regardless of which direction you face, you do have privacy from the passengers in front of you or behind you, since there's a divider that contains your video monitor and serves to mark the end of your "space". The food was pretty good ... a beef, a fish, and a veg pasta entree choice. Appetizer was some sort of "smoked salmon" something, but when it arrived, it was proscuitto. The flight attendant said that "Dulles catering has been switching everything on us lately" for what that's worth. Anyway, the new business cabin on the 767 is pretty nice. I think you'll enjoy your trip.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by mshafrir
I must have been out of the loop, because I wasn't aware of United's rear-facing seats. How do they compare to the front-facing seats, and what is recommended between front and rear?
I prefer rear facing because you will have a very slight head above feet situation due to the aircraft pitch in flight. It is not major and others prefer the forward seats, but there is not any other difference that I'm aware of.
Enjoy your flight!!
Dave
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: UA - Kettle
I've tried the rear facing once, not bad at all. The lie flat is way better then the old C seats. And I'm a tall guy.
Personally, it was an odd sensation during takeoff and landing - probably just due to the different sensations you expect while facing forward.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: mileage plus
I'll second the weird take-off feeling (make sure the magazine latch is engaged) ... landing wasn't so different.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
Avoid rows 9 middles and row 10 for sure.

If you can get it, a rear facing window is pretty cool. Some speak of the difficulty getting out when the aisle is relcined. However, I just did it and didn't find the obligatory "pole vault" to be that bad at all, and I'm only 5'-9".
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by climmy
Some speak of the difficulty getting out when the aisle is relcined. However, I just did it and didn't find the obligatory "pole vault" to be that bad at all, and I'm only 5'-9".
As a "nearly" 5'9" person , I can second the fact that it's not difficult to get out over a reclined aisle seat. I generally fly UD on the 744, and it is easier to get out of these seats than it was with the recliners ahead of you were back.

Window would be my choice too.
Dave
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I absolutely love the new business class and find getting out from the window seat not difficult at all. The rear-facing seats are pretty cool on take-off and landing especially if you have a window seat. Once you're in the air, you barely notice you're not facing forward as you have no sense of speed or direction of travel anyway.

I do agree that being rear-facing is slightly better even because your head is slightly higher than your feet, unlike being forward-facing. It doesn't really matter if it's a recliner seat that doesn't go flat, but this is a 100% fully-flat, non-wedgie bed. ^ ^ ^

Last edited by UnitedSkies; Dec 18, 2009 at 12:10 pm
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
The rear facing new C seats are my favorite. 6K on the 767 for example ^
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:53 am

If you can get it, a rear facing window is pretty cool. Some speak of the difficulty getting out when the aisle is relcined. However, I just did it and didn't find the obligatory "pole vault" to be that bad at all, and I'm only 5'-9".
My wife and I were in 9CH once and didn't mind it at all, what don't you like about them?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
rear facing seats are 1000% better because of airline slight up angle!^
Old Dec 18, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA MM flyer, ex. 1k, Star All. gold, AA
I've flown IAD/ZRH quite a few times, the last 3 or 4 in the lie flat seats, including the rear facing ones. It is really very nice. ^ A bit of a shame the flight is so relatively short, because you really can sleep in them. My one caution is to not have anything loose before takeoff out on the few available flat surfaces when you are facing rear. When the plane rotates, everything slides away from you and onto the floor. I permanently lost an Ipod that way. It hit the floor, slid under the divider and went God knows where. We looked for it after landing for several minutes. Even the pilots helped look for it. Nope!! Whenever they strip that plane down, someone will have a gift.

Other than that how did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln?? It was really good other than that!
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:41 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I often fly in 9H rear-facing middle and have no problem with it. It's quiet, and no one is staring into your face from two rows behind. (Whereas if you're in 6J, for example, the guy in 8H will be in your face the whole way.)

I know that some say to avoid row 10 because crew tend to like to relax there, but I've never had that problem. Whenever I've ridden 10J (aisle), it has been very quiet, but I've also been able to chat to FAs in the galley if I wanted to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.