Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Congratulations — a personal achievement! Whereabouts did you cross?
Thanks! Flight was TLV to SFO. I crossed at about 220 nautical miles north of Iqaluit.
Flying Machine likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 17, 2022 at 11:41 am
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kmxu
There are at least two if I remember correctly. One is OP of the following thread. The other is John Aldeborgh (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29187146-post35.html).
Making Lemonade Out of Lemons (How I made lifetime GS)
There are a number of outstanding threads on FT: “Making Lemons out of Lemonade” is among my favorites. It motivated me to fly more.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM (40 yr MP), HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Finally after 40 years in MileagePlus!!!

Been a lurker for over 10 years. Read many posts and learned a lot about the different aspects of the frequent flyer/loyalty world.

Monday September 19th, I finally hit my Million Miler on my way to New Orleans (after 40 years of MileagePlus membership).

No coin. At the departure gate at SEA, an agent called my cell and I was asked if I was in the boarding area. She presented me a postcard and a United stainless steel cup (Sorry I would share a pic but I'm not allowed til I do the required 5 posts - LOL!), as well as allowed me and the spouse to board before Group 1. No acknowledgement from the inflight crew on either flight to IAD or to MSY. Thought maybe I would get the famous coin on my return 4 days later from New Orleans (after the system reflected my new MM status) but no acknowledgement from either crew (to Houston or to Seattle)

A week ago, I received an email acknowledging my achievement. Yesterday, Zach of The Points Guy wrote about Delta's new Million Miler gifts. Now I'm even more determined to obtain a physical memento specifically for MM. I have another trip planned the first week of November. Contemplating that I need to DM the UA Twitter team and see if I can get it arranged. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrades
Been a lurker for over 10 years. Read many posts and learned a lot about the different aspects of the frequent flyer/loyalty world.

Monday September 19th, I finally hit my Million Miler on my way to New Orleans (after 40 years of MileagePlus membership).

No coin. At the departure gate at SEA, an agent called my cell and I was asked if I was in the boarding area. She presented me a postcard and a United stainless steel cup (Sorry I would share a pic but I'm not allowed til I do the required 5 posts - LOL!), as well as allowed me and the spouse to board before Group 1. No acknowledgement from the inflight crew on either flight to IAD or to MSY. Thought maybe I would get the famous coin on my return 4 days later from New Orleans (after the system reflected my new MM status) but no acknowledgement from either crew (to Houston or to Seattle)

A week ago, I received an email acknowledging my achievement. Yesterday, Zach of The Points Guy wrote about Delta's new Million Miler gifts. Now I'm even more determined to obtain a physical memento specifically for MM. I have another trip planned the first week of November. Contemplating that I need to DM the UA Twitter team and see if I can get it arranged. Any suggestions?
Congratulations! Live4Upgrades UA’sTwitter team is quite responsive in my opinion

Hopefully, they’ll be able to work out the coin for you if that’s what you’re seeking. Welcome to the club! And welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I'm at 995, 604 and have ATH-EWR tomorrow, guess i'll hit it just somewhere over north america (and then have EWR-IAH to really cement it). weird feeling to be honest (and i know i'll never get to 2mm or more so i'll be happy with this!)
Old Oct 6, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Congrats Live4 and ACV 👍!
ACVBear and Live4Upgrades like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congratulations! And way to have an iMMpactful first post!

On MM coins, my understanding is the pilots have to be notified beforehand, and they can pick one up to hand you at their base before the flight. Perhaps if you wait until just a few days before your next flight to try the twitter team and mention you'd like them to let the pilots know, you might increase chances of snagging a coin. I speculate it might also help if it's a mainline flight.

Originally Posted by ACVBear
I'm at 995, 604 and have ATH-EWR tomorrow, guess i'll hit it just somewhere over north america (and then have EWR-IAH to really cement it). weird feeling to be honest (and i know i'll never get to 2mm or more so i'll be happy with this!)
And advance congratulations to you! By my calculation (with 1MM - 995604 mi = 4396 to go, and EWR-ATH at 4956 mi gc distance), you'll be over Nova Scotia, or maybe New Brunswick or the Gulf of St Lawrence when you cross. It'll depend on how straight the flight plan goes, but roughly it should happen somewhere along/near the margin of light/dark on this map:
Enjoy the moment!
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM (40 yr MP), HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Congratulations! And way to have an iMMpactful first post!

On MM coins, my understanding is the pilots have to be notified beforehand, and they can pick one up to hand you at their base before the flight. Perhaps if you wait until just a few days before your next flight to try the twitter team and mention you'd like them to let the pilots know, you might increase chances of snagging a coin. I speculate it might also help if it's a mainline flight.
Love it - iMMpactful! Yes, all 4 flights on the MM reaching trip were mainline. Also, the trip the 1st week of November is mainline as well. Thanks, I will DM the Twitter team late October and specifically request a Million Miler coin out of SFO.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Love it - iMMpactful! Yes, all 4 flights on the MM reaching trip were mainline. Also, the trip the 1st week of November is mainline as well. Thanks, I will DM the Twitter team late October and specifically request a Million Miler coin out of SFO.
Good idea - didn't even occur to me to message anyone or ask anything. What I got was one flight attendant after boarding door was closed walk up to me, ask me if i knew this was a special flight that I was crossing 1MM - and then thanked me and handed me a bite sized toblerone, haha. (probably didn't help my cause that I originated at ATH for the flight!)
Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM+, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, & Hertz PC
Crossed 2M miles a few weeks ago - officially on a SFO to BOS flight, then also was recognized a few days later on return from BOS-SFO-SIN. Got a the Kirby card on the jetbridge, then a further larger card and chocolate from the purser/flight attendants in first. It was a really nice touch and the pilot came out as well and thanked me.

No SFO coin but not a surprise since the SFO 'real' GS team has been gutted and the agents/club personnel are largely on their phones not to be bothered except for a grunt (both scanned BP/didn't say a thing about crossing 2M on that flight).

Interestingly, on my flight back out three days later BOS-SFO, was in economy for domestic leg since business class was $35K for whole way, got another round of recognition and the pilot made a big fuss/announcement. Again very nice, another card and felt like a complete fool since everyone was looking at me after the announcement! Nice touch regardless. Suspect I'll hit 3M in a few years if this continues, but may be getting off the United train before then.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by telemark27
Crossed 2M miles a few weeks ago - officially on a SFO to BOS flight, then also was recognized a few days later on return from BOS-SFO-SIN. Got a the Kirby card on the jetbridge, then a further larger card and chocolate from the purser/flight attendants in first. It was a really nice touch and the pilot came out as well and thanked me.

No SFO coin but not a surprise since the SFO 'real' GS team has been gutted and the agents/club personnel are largely on their phones not to be bothered except for a grunt (both scanned BP/didn't say a thing about crossing 2M on that flight).

Interestingly, on my flight back out three days later BOS-SFO, was in economy for domestic leg since business class was $35K for whole way, got another round of recognition and the pilot made a big fuss/announcement. Again very nice, another card and felt like a complete fool since everyone was looking at me after the announcement! Nice touch regardless. Suspect I'll hit 3M in a few years if this continues, but may be getting off the United train before then.
Congratulations!
SPN Lifer and telemark27 like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hertz PC
Smile 3MM after 28yrs ... never would i have thought i would fly this much ...

Hello all ...

I crossed the 3MM mark on a IAD-SEA flight a few weeks ago .... There was a service director at the gate that thanked me for my business and gave me the celebratory million miler card ...
On board the flight attendant doing the drink service in my row acknowledged the threshold i was crossing and chatted a little bit with me ..
On the return SEA-IAD the flight attendant doing the drink service acknowledged it as well ...
Sadly on both of those flights my Plus Point upgrade didnt clear ... hopefully this isnt a sign of 3MM "benefit" moving forward

The 35K miles posted within 24hrs ...

I reached out to 1Kvoice asking if on this occasion they could share my complete flight history back to 1994 ... I am curious to actually plot those on one of the modern flight tracking / mapping apps ...
I havent heard back yet .. a little odd as 1kvoice is usually quite quick to respond for run of the mill customer service questions ...
Has anyone made such a request for complete flight history recently ?

Happy flying to all ... I am starting to work on 4MM .. which would be fun .. getting lifetime GS without having ever been GS !

pbr6891
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:38 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pbr6891
I reached out to 1Kvoice asking if on this occasion they could share my complete flight history back to 1994 ... I am curious to actually plot those on one of the modern flight tracking / mapping apps ...
I havent heard back yet .. a little odd as 1kvoice is usually quite quick to respond for run of the mill customer service questions ...
Has anyone made such a request for complete flight history recently ?....
It has not been available since the merger (2012)
More precisely up to a years after the merger the pmUA data was available but not since then.

The short story is due to the systems change over, the pmUA date was not longer accessible and pmCO did not provide such historical data.

Post merger annual statement were provided but since 2015 only the past two years of data is accessible

Long story -- see
Where to get my flight history and actual total lifetime miles (paid/award/partners)?

M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!!

Does MileagePlus provide monthly or annual "Statements" ?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:57 am

Hello all ...

I crossed the 3MM mark on a IAD-SEA flight a few weeks ago .... There was a service director at the gate that thanked me for my business and gave me the celebratory million miler card ...
On board the flight attendant doing the drink service in my row acknowledged the threshold i was crossing and chatted a little bit with me ..
On the return SEA-IAD the flight attendant doing the drink service acknowledged it as well ...
Sadly on both of those flights my Plus Point upgrade didnt clear ... hopefully this isnt a sign of 3MM "benefit" moving forward

Happy flying to all ... I am starting to work on 4MM .. which would be fun .. getting lifetime GS without having ever been GS !

pbr6891
Congratulations! That is a lot of flying!
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Hello all ...

pbr6891
Congratulations!
Welcome to the lifetime 1K club. Have fun for pursuing the exclusive lifetime GS club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.