Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I think the coins are a really nice touch and I did get one this summer when I crossed the threshold. But, I imagined that United gave watches instead, so I made myself one. Yes, my very own million miler watch - I’m just strange that way.

I went with a Flieger style dial to give it a pilot vibe. A gold chapter ring because 1MM gets you lifetime gold and I can switch it to other colors if I cross those thresholds. And to top it off, I had the rotor engraved with the flight information, date and time, and what is supposed to look like the 737 Max 9 I was on for the flight.

Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
Originally Posted by laughinlab2001
Belated update on my quest to 3MM… The situation in Brazil did not improve the next morning on 11/1/22, so instead of heading to GRU I pivoted and went home to SNA. I did contact United afterwards and they reimbursed my hotel at IAH on 10/31/22 (expected this to happen) and refunded the difference in airfare between the original SNA-IAH-GRU round trip itinerary and my new SNA-IAH-SNA trip (did not expect this to happen). They also threw in 10,000 miles for the inconvenience.

So now I’m sitting on 2,997,219 lifetime BIS. Will look to cross the rubicon next Saturday, 12/3/22, on UA926 SFO-FRA (assuming good fortune and fair winds).
Crossed 3MM last night SFO-FRA (finally)! No coin, but I did get a shoutout from the flight attendants on the SNA-SFO leg yesterday morning and the pilot from SFO-FRA gave me a signed copy of the flight plan when we arrived in Frankfurt. My profile on united.com was updated shortly after we landed.

Only 996,581 BIS to the next milestone!
Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Congrats laughinlab! I hope to join you shortly.
Did you give UA a heads up in advance?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by laughinlab2001
Crossed 3MM last night SFO-FRA (finally)! No coin, but I did get a shoutout from the flight attendants on the SNA-SFO leg yesterday morning and the pilot from SFO-FRA gave me a signed copy of the flight plan when we arrived in Frankfurt. My profile on united.com was updated shortly after we landed.

Only 996,581 BIS to the next milestone!
Congratulations! The signed flight plan is a nice touch by the pilot! Did they denote the point where you crossed your MM status?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Just happened to notice this thread and it sure brings back a lot of memories....I was lucky enough to achieve million mile status the easy way, if there is an easy way. Basically, I started my frequent flyer history flying Continental, but with a lot of Delta flights. As Continental and Delta were both Sky Team members, my Delta mileage counted on CO. And on CO, I did mileage runs to achieve gold status, and then in later years platinum. As I recall. partner airlines like Air France counted, bonus mileage for flying business counted, so eventually achieved CO OnePass Million Miles, which then was integrated into UA Mileage Plus as a lifetime gold. My heavy business flying and mileage runs are over, much to my relief. Most of my wife and my flying is for pleasure, and having lifetime gold status is just wonderful whether it be extra space seats or access to Star Alliance lounged on foreign travel...ANd I've gotten to the point where I don't shudder on seeing "UNITED" painted on the sides of aircraft with CO tails.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
I hit 3MM lifetime Yesterday

It was on a flight from LGA to ORD. Mike at the LGA United Club took a photo with me and gave me a United pen and some cards. Tony, who has been overseeing the gate area for 30 years, came aboard the plane and announced my milestone. The captain came over and congratulated me. It was very nice.

I received a 35,000 mile bonus. I did not realize Unitedgot rid of gifts for hitting lifetime milestones. That is OK with me. It took me exactly 8.5 years To go from 2 million tu 3 million.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JB123
It was on a flight from LGA to ORD. Mike at the LGA United Club took a photo with me and gave me a United pen and some cards. Tony, who has been overseeing the gate area for 30 years, came aboard the plane and announced my milestone. The captain came over and congratulated me. It was very nice.

I received a 35,000 mile bonus. I did not realize Unitedgot rid of gifts for hitting lifetime milestones. That is OK with me. It took me exactly 8.5 years To go from 2 million tu 3 million.
Congratulations. 🍾🎈🎉🎊
Welcome to the 3 MM club. 👏👏
Old Dec 16, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
It took me exactly 8.5 years To go from 2 million tu 3 million.
Congrats! That's pretty good considering COVID, which has basically added 2 years on for me.
SPN Lifer and Flying Machine like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 10:44 am

Congrats x 3 (mil) to you JB!!!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
3MM Congratulations!
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best MM! Congratulations!
Old Dec 24, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 3MM, Marriott LTTE
I crossed over to 3MM on a DEN-PHL flight on the 22nd. No recognition - which was understandable as we were delayed first by crew availability, then by de-icing, then by a mechanical issue. So the crew had their hands full - and I’d rather they focus on getting us the heck out of there. 3+ hours delay.

Since I’m no longer in the job that had me flying 1-200,000 a year and instead am tending grapes and occasionally flying for leisure, I doubt I’ll ever make 4MM. Lifetime 1k is a good stopping point for me
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MRY Flyer
I crossed over to 3MM on a DEN-PHL flight on the 22nd. No recognition - which was understandable as we were delayed first by crew availability, then by de-icing, then by a mechanical issue. So the crew had their hands full - and I’d rather they focus on getting us the heck out of there. 3+ hours delay.

Since I’m no longer in the job that had me flying 1-200,000 a year and instead am tending grapes and occasionally flying for leisure, I doubt I’ll ever make 4MM. Lifetime 1k is a good stopping point for me
Awesome! Congrats on hitting 3MM!

David
wxguy and MRY Flyer like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by MRY Flyer

Congratulations on your achievement!
MRY Flyer
MRY Flyer likes this.

Last edited by Flying Machine; Dec 25, 2022 at 5:30 am
Old Dec 24, 2022, 5:44 pm

Congrats MRY!!
MRY Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.