Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by greenpau
So officially crossed the 2 Million Mile mark on SFO-CDG last night, over Muddy Mountain near Casper, Wyoming.

The SFO ground team went above and beyond. Congratulations and pictures in the GS Reception lobby when we checked in, then when we were in the Polaris Lounge a group of people came up with a dessert.

Down at the gate another GS agent found us and walked us on ahead of the special assistance passengers, and the flight deck crew all immediately came by to say how excited they were. The Captain had already printed out the flight map, calculated the spot of the 2MM, and had that plus some UA items and a 2 Million Miler coin for me in an envelope. Then the two first officers took me through some other flight details. They were fantastic, then on landing in Paris they invited me to take more pictures together on the flight deck and jetway.

The only funny thing was the cabin experience - not one of the FAs congratulated me or showed any interest. In fact, my first interaction was “Beef / Salmon / Pasta”. This wasn’t really particular to me - they all were just not in a good mood, and it was sadly one of my weakest in flight experiences after so many great flights.

The SFO ground staff really went the extra mile and the flight deck crew blew me away - more than I ever could have expected.

Not going to lie, got a little tearful - and reminded me of so many wonderful trips, friendships made, and why I remained so loyal.

Congratulations!

David
Mtbroxs and greenpau like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold, SW A-List
What a memorable experience!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Now that is recognition! Congratulations on your 2 MM achievement! Bummer that the FAs were there only for your safety
cesco.g and greenpau like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Now that is recognition! Congratulations on your 2 MM achievement! Bummer that the FAs were there only for your safety
Congratulations! FAs apparently did their jobs (for your safety!).
LAXOGG, Flying Machine and LIH like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Congratulations.
greenpau likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:32 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Congratulations!
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Congratulations greenpau!

Now your have to shoot for lifetime 1K.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Mar 13, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
👍👍greenpau!
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by boat stuck
Got this very nice email today, a day before one of my 3 planned short vacations/mileage runs this year to get 1MM.
Update:

Made 1MM today on UA2, SIN-SFO, in Premium Plus.

No recognition, but I wouldn't have wanted anyone to make a big deal out of it anyways--definitely not an intercom announcement.

The flight was otherwise lovely, with great service from the flight attendants (especially considering it's UA). Frequent drink runs, constant supply of snacks (including a free snackbox to everyone in PP), and friendly attitude from everyone on board.

I was also able to sleep lying flat across 3 Premium Plus seats, using my suitcase and backpack to raise the effective height of the seat cushions enough to match the height of the armrests so I can lay on top. With the help of a bunch of PP blankets and pillows, it was significantly more comfortable than lying across 3 economy seats, since the PP seats are deeper and wider so I didn't have to curl my legs as much.

Singapore itself was a lot of fun as well.

No email yet, but the United App updated with my new 1MM status right after I landed.

Great way to make 1MM.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by boat stuck
Update:

Made 1MM today on UA2, SIN-SFO, in Premium Plus.

No recognition, but I wouldn't have wanted anyone to make a big deal out of it anyways--definitely not an intercom announcement.

The flight was otherwise lovely, with great service from the flight attendants (especially considering it's UA). Frequent drink runs, constant supply of snacks (including a free snackbox to everyone in PP), and friendly attitude from everyone on board.

I was also able to sleep lying flat across 3 Premium Plus seats, using my suitcase and backpack to raise the effective height of the seat cushions enough to match the height of the armrests so I can lay on top. With the help of a bunch of PP blankets and pillows, it was significantly more comfortable than lying across 3 economy seats, since the PP seats are deeper and wider so I didn't have to curl my legs as much.

Singapore itself was a lot of fun as well.

No email yet, but the United App updated with my new 1MM status right after I landed.

Great way to make 1MM.
Congratulations on making 1MM!

David
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Congrats you two! @greenpau, I was happy with card & small gift from the captain on my 2MM (IAH-SYD), no Polaris lounge then.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Talking

Yesterday was a good day...
It took a while - I started flying UA in 1989 - but yesterday I crossed the 1M line flying SAN-SFO-JFK.
Was not expecting anything at all other than to drink a bunch of bubbly and contemplate all the wonderful places I've been and people I've met because of UA and FT. Was in E+ for SAN-SFO. Pilot came back to shake my hand and invite me to the cockpit for some photos sitting in his seat. (A first for me!) I felt like a little kid...in a great way! He gave me a handwritten card signed by the entire crew as well as a printout of the route. I then got the full Ryan Bingham treatment when he announced it to the entire plane, which elicited a huge round of applause and some fun conversations with seatmates. FAs were super kind and offered free drinks "on the captain." I asked the Captain how often he sees pax cross the MM mark...he said not that often actually, maybe once every other month. He guessed this is because most MMs do it through flying internationally, and since he's domestic only, it's more rare.
More was in store on SFO-JFK, when I got the handshake and a 1MM coin from the Captain. (Is this MM coin a new thing? Had never heard it mentioned before...) But the FAs were really the best. I think I got thanked a dozen times, and we joked for much of the flight.
It really is a milestone. For years I wasn't aware MM was a thing. Then I knew about it but never dreamed I would hit it. Then I thought I might. Then I got closer and closer...then yesterday. A lifetime of flying, with plenty still left in me. 2MM dare I dream?
And thanks for everything, FT friends. I would never have made it - or even imagined I would make it - without the advice of so many who have contributed to this forum.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by as219
Yesterday was a good day...
It took a while - I started flying UA in 1989 - but yesterday I crossed the 1M line flying SAN-SFO-JFK.
Was not expecting anything at all other than to drink a bunch of bubbly and contemplate all the wonderful places I've been and people I've met because of UA and FT. Was in E+ for SAN-SFO. Pilot came back to shake my hand and invite me to the cockpit for some photos sitting in his seat. (A first for me!) I felt like a little kid...in a great way! He gave me a handwritten card signed by the entire crew as well as a printout of the route. I then got the full Ryan Bingham treatment when he announced it to the entire plane, which elicited a huge round of applause and some fun conversations with seatmates. FAs were super kind and offered free drinks "on the captain." I asked the Captain how often he sees pax cross the MM mark...he said not that often actually, maybe once every other month. He guessed this is because most MMs do it through flying internationally, and since he's domestic only, it's more rare.
More was in store on SFO-JFK, when I got the handshake and a 1MM coin from the Captain. (Is this MM coin a new thing? Had never heard it mentioned before...) But the FAs were really the best. I think I got thanked a dozen times, and we joked for much of the flight.
It really is a milestone. For years I wasn't aware MM was a thing. Then I knew about it but never dreamed I would hit it. Then I thought I might. Then I got closer and closer...then yesterday. A lifetime of flying, with plenty still left in me. 2MM dare I dream?
And thanks for everything, FT friends. I would never have made it - or even imagined I would make it - without the advice of so many who have contributed to this forum.
Congratulations!
Wish that UA will send all MMers MM coins.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Congratulations!
Wish that UA will send all MMers MM coins.
You, my friend, are insane. 3MM?!? Amazing!
Been a while since meeting en route to HKG! Safe travels...
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations as219! Nice recognition and achievement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.