Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:36 am

Noticed someone getting his 1MM card signed by the crew on UA888 this morning. Congrats to whoever you are!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.3MM SPG LT Gold
Thanks rmannion! Was greeted by agent with card and a little branded notebook at the gate.

Otherwise, I took it upon myself to get sigs and make other special requests (with varied success).
Attached Images  

Last edited by Vkuo; Jan 3, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Flying LAX-SFO-HKG-SGN on Dec 21/22. Should hit 2MM a few miles before landing in HKG!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Now a 3MM

On 01DEC on UA944, ORD-FRA, during the boarding process, a Global Services representative came onboard and presented a card congratulating me on becoming a 3MM.

I had met my wife at the boarding gate. She was sitting at C10. My wife said prior the pilot boarding he asked the gate agent if he could tell him where this couple was sitting. The agent said 9A and 9B. My wife heard this as she is in 9A.

Prior to pushing from the gate the Captain came back to my wife and I and provided a hand written card thanking me for my loyalty to UA.

During the flight the in-charge and another flight attendant congratulated me as well.

In October 2004 I shifted all my travels from AC to UA and it took me to June 2008 to become a MM.

The last point I remember a specific balance was July 2010 when I had 1.6M lifetime miles. I become a 2MM sometime in 2012 (if memory serves me correctly). Now, on 01DEC, 2015 I became a 3MM!

It certainly has been an interesting ride!

Happy Travels.
Cheers
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Making a run to GIG tomorrow and should obtain Million Miler status (100% leisure) on way back (Mon), over the Amazon around 4:00 am.
I hope crew will not wake up other passengers during the parade/celebration obviously planned me.
Heard a wild rumor, so squeezing in this year.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Jim77401
Making a run to GIG tomorrow and should obtain Million Miler status (100% leisure) on way back (Mon), over the Amazon around 4:00 am.
I hope crew will not wake up other passengers during the parade/celebration obviously planned me.
Please note rumor was false, and enjoy your trip!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Made 1MM few months ago on a RJ flight IAH-SLC. Only notification was the pack with the glass plaque and a new card.

Best benefit on MM is my wife getting my 1K status - a god send when travelling together and the separate PNR/upgrades faff on the return legs.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I finally reached 1MM few days ago on PEK-EWR flight. There was no recognition at the gate or from the crew. I had a domestic connecting flight after that and no mention of 1MM either. I haven't even received any email regarding this which I found odd given that I did get an email few months ago indicating that I was approaching 1MM threshold. Oh well, I think that's a missed opportunity by United to recognize their frequent fliers.

My status has been correctly updated on the United website which I guess is what really counts. Although I do find it odd that it currently states "To recognize your achievement as a 1 Million Miler, you will not fall below Premier 1K status."
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jim77401
I heard (maybe) the same rumor - that in 2016 MM would also have a PQD component. Anyway, I made it overnight on the way home from IAD-SFO. Was asleep, so I missed the parade.

Originally Posted by janddouglas
Made 1MM few months ago on a RJ flight IAH-SLC. Only notification was the pack with the glass plaque and a new card.

Best benefit on MM is my wife getting my 1K status - a god send when travelling together and the separate PNR/upgrades faff on the return legs.
I totally missed the fact that if I am xx status and MM, my wife gets my XX status. It wasn't explicit enough for me on the United page - although rereading it after your post, it's now obvious.

21051214 UPDATE - Million Miler now showing up when I login. Too cool!

Last edited by Ronlap; Dec 14, 2015 at 1:33 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Rumor quashed by UA Insider.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Welcome and congrats!

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
I finally reached 1MM few days ago on PEK-EWR flight. There was no recognition at the gate or from the crew. I had a domestic connecting flight after that and no mention of 1MM either. I haven't even received any email regarding this which I found odd given that I did get an email few months ago indicating that I was approaching 1MM threshold. Oh well, I think that's a missed opportunity by United to recognize their frequent fliers.

My status has been correctly updated on the United website which I guess is what really counts. Although I do find it odd that it currently states "To recognize your achievement as a 1 Million Miler, you will not fall below Premier 1K status."
Welcome to the club and congratulations on the milestone!... just think of all the trips and fun you had getting here! Think of all those unexpected upgrades that happened (okay, probably more than a decade ago) and all those planned flights in the forward cabin, maybe some international, at the end of a long day of work or a great trip, and you had that nice warm place - with WARM NUTS and a nice drink to enjoy as you made the final legs of your voyages back to wherever you call home. Once you got on the plane, it was almost LIKE home.!

Remember all that..

Well, those days are GONE and this, RIGHT HERE is the only recognition and acknowledgment of your accomplishment you are ever going to get from anyone..well United WILL send you a couple luggage tags and a new card (probably not till next years cards go out though!) in a paper envelope pretty soon.

Again, welcome now you can join the rest of us in the process of praying that the 1MM status doesn't somehow jump down to Silver next year..
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Finally passed the mark on Thursday on a flight SFO-DEN. I didn't expect anything, and sadly my expectation was met. My spouse who joined me on this trip was quite disappointed at the lack of festivities.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
yeah, sure

I know the rumor was quashed, but my bet is that something of the like is going to be on deck in our futures..life is uncertain and United is no exception
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just noticed this "new" thread. I thought we had one back around 2002 or so? I did over 900K UA BIS pre-9/11 and finished 1mm off in 2002 as I recall. Then I moved to Europe and left UA behind to focus on AF/KL, BA and exploiting my Lifetime Star Gold on LH, LX, OS, etc. I'm sure I've passed 3mm a while back, but those other programs don't keep track, although BA has made a half-hearted attempt. I did get lifetime AF/KL/KQ top status after 10 consecutive years Platinum in their program so I've got Lifetime Skyteam EP to go with the Star G. If I keep it up a few more years or so I'll get Lifetime BA Gold and thus Lifetime OWE. If such things exist past 2020?

Now I'm flying more domestic US so maybe I'll working on getting UA 2MM in a few years or so.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
I wouldn't be surprised if they moved 1mm to star silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.