Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The ERJ-145 has 1-2 configuration, with the 2 side beginning at row 3.

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6HewvsvlU

In general, the A side provides wider seats, with armrests that can be moved out of the way using the button under the armrest where it meets the seat. The exit row (18) provides the greatest amount of legroom, although this is a regional jet with very limited space.

Many people prefer to be closer to the front (seats 1A, 2A, and 3A), while recognizing there is no overhead storage for these seats (all overhead storage is on the right side of the plane starting at row 3), however, sitting close to the front can lead to being reseated farther back to accommodate weight balance for take-off.

1A, 3CD, 18ACD are E+ seats and the rest of Row 2-5 are regular E- but are reserved for UA premier members
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by OnePass Since 87
Thanks for the link, I should have searched, just jumped on the first related thread I saw. Sounds like website weirdness.
Definately. On an upcoming trip...my outbound is 1-2, and the inbound a few days later is 2-1. .bomb maps have been all over the place recently. One CR7 map for a flight I'm on, the 2nd row of E+ shows as normal ecomony, with E+ rows surrounding it. Very weird.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by OnePass Since 87
I have just seen the same thing. If an ER4 is an RJ145 then I got the same wierdness. (forgive not knowing the UA ship abbreiviations, I am new here)

My flights this week on UAEX (Express Jet) on an RJG145 have the familiar seat map - A_BC,

But the flights I just booked for next month show AB_C. Any one know if it is a glitch or is Express Jet truley changing the seat configuration?

It makes a big difference on which seat to pick if you like the single seat side.
Or sitting on the deuce side with your wife.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Thanks everyone for finding the right thread for me. My ER4 search yielded nada.

Ill be changing to 12 A.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:03 am

Flying ord-gsp on the erj145 and I am wondering if the single seats have a moveable armrest?

Last time I was on a similar plane the left single seats had the thick wall armrests with the tray table inside, making the seats smaller.

I just had surgery and want to be as comfortable as possible without the possibility of sitting next to someone.

If I can move the armrest on the single seat side then I am golden!

I asked this question before but think it got lost in the shuffle.

Do the armrests move on the single seat side of the plane?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 13, 2010 at 10:53 am Reason: merged posts
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by JAXUSC
I asked this question before but think it got lost in the shuffle.

I would guess that they don't. As with any aisle seat, even on widebodies, the aisle seat armrests don't usually move..
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
As with any aisle seat, even on widebodies, the aisle seat armrests don't usually move..
They do on many of the planes I've flown on. You just need to know where the release is. You can usually tell by looking - if there's a fairing you probably won't have luck, but it it looks like it should move, there's almost always an easy way to get it to do so.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:51 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by JAXUSC
The aisle-side armrests can be raised; there's a latch on the underside of the arm, right at the pivot point.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:56 pm

^^Thank you for answering my question!
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:39 pm

ExpressJet Seating Configuration (E145) showing incorrect seating?

United's web page is showing my on a flight operated by ExpressJet. It is showing an RJ E145. The seat map shows a 2x1 configuration (C side is by itself). All of the other E145's I have flown in more than a decade were 1x2, with the A side by itself.

Do....is the seat map accurate with the C side by itself....or is my past experience on other 145's accurate?

Thank you....
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Hmmm I have flown many UX flights operated by ExpressJet (as well as CO Express, and when XE operated as an independent carrier for a little while), and A has always been the single side....12A (the exit row) is my seat of choice. I'd venture to say this is a mistake, but maybe there's an aircraft or 2 floating around out there that is configured differently...
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
it should be 1x2 and it looks like it's a known issue/bug.

See this thread (and see my post [#31] and onward for more info
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:06 pm

Thanks for the update. I will report in if something changes while onboard....
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I emailed United about the issues with the ER4 seatmap and they replied with:

Dear Mr. CMK10,

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the seat map for our ERJ-145
aircraft. This is indeed an error and the map should reflect 2 A alone
then 2B, C being conjunctive. This error has been reported to be fixed.
Wonder how long it will take for them to fix it?

Last edited by CMK10; Jan 10, 2011 at 1:24 pm Reason: Removed my last name
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:39 am

Wierd Seat Map on UX Express Jet ER4

I am flying from Baltimore to O'Hare on Tuesday, UA 6165 which is operated by Express Jet and the equipment is ER4. The seat map on the United web site shows a row of two seats together (on the left side of the jet) and one seat by itself on the right side of the plane - row C. I have flown on many ER4s in the past and have never seen this configuration. I am currently in an A seat, but have no desire to be in crammed in by the window next to another passenger in an aisle seat right next to me on this small plane.

Does anyone have any experience with Express Jet 145s? Is the seat map correct or printed wrong on the United web site? Seatguru shows all UX 145s with the typical configuration of 1 seat on the left side and two on the right.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
UA's maps are almost certainly amiss. There is one set of seats on the left side of the plane, A, and two seats on the right, B and C. They put the numbers in the wrong place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.