Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The ERJ-145 has 1-2 configuration, with the 2 side beginning at row 3.

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6HewvsvlU

In general, the A side provides wider seats, with armrests that can be moved out of the way using the button under the armrest where it meets the seat. The exit row (18) provides the greatest amount of legroom, although this is a regional jet with very limited space.

Many people prefer to be closer to the front (seats 1A, 2A, and 3A), while recognizing there is no overhead storage for these seats (all overhead storage is on the right side of the plane starting at row 3), however, sitting close to the front can lead to being reseated farther back to accommodate weight balance for take-off.

1A, 3CD, 18ACD are E+ seats and the rest of Row 2-5 are regular E- but are reserved for UA premier members
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:32 pm

Hmm when I can't remember if there is a half wall. When I look at the seat online and go to choose it, it doesn't designate it as an exit.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Maybe it is just me but I'm not a huge fan of 1A or 2A simply because of the lack of overheads.

I usually try for 4B/C or 12B/C as you get decent underseat storage.

Originally Posted by CApreppie
The seatmaps say B/C, but SEA_Tigger's boarding pass and experience in one of the ERJ-145s had them labelled D/F. Just curious.
UA Express uses A/B/C
US Expres uses A/D/F
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'm flying an ERJ-145 (TransStates) this Saturday IAD-CVG and then CVG-ORD; I'll be sure to post an update. I sat in 3A last month and didn't see much value in 1 or 2A, other than being able to get off first I'm going to see how 12B is this time.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 9:25 am

Update

TheTransStates ERJ I flew yesterday had a bulkhead in front of 1A and it was not considered an exit row and the flight attendent did not do the "verbal confirmation" query to the passengers sitting there. The lack of an overhead bin would keep me from sitting there.

Row 12 is fine pitch-wise. As SEA_Tigger notes in his OP, the window seats are a little wider with the lack of a full armrest on the window side. The armrest in the 12 B/C seat does raise, but I could not raise it flush with the seat back.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:20 am

I like 12A the best. This is a weight-sensitive aircraft, so if it is not full, the 1st three rows will be moved to the back. If you are already in 12A....you don't have the possibility of having to move.

The armrests in 12A, both the short one against the door and the full size aisle one, both move, so you can move the short one and get an "extra-wide" seat.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Best seats on the ER4?

Flying with my wife from IAD-JFK on the ER4 later this month...I don't usually fly this United Express plane and wondered if anyone had a favorite seat on the 2 seat side when traveling with another person...I've read the IAD UAX horror stories about delays and overbooking so I'm prepared for all that and we do actually have time to take a VDB so we'll see...
Old Dec 5, 2009, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
You could try rows 4-10. The whole plane is economy, so maybe you can get the exit row seats, row 12, which would give you some more leg room...
Old Dec 5, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Executive, CO Silver Elite
3 BC are the bulkhead seats, which have a bit of extra legroom, but you'll have to put to carry-ons in the overhead, which is ridiculously small. 12 BC are the exit row and have the associated extra legroom, but the window seat doesn't have an armrest due to the window exit. All other seats are "regular", although it will be hard to find a comfortable seat on an ER4 Just avoid row 11 which has limited recline due to exit row behind.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Even if you get a good seat in the front you may still end up in the back. ER4 is the type you often get reseated because of weight issues if the plane is not full. (shockingly the front is always heavier than the back even if no one sitting there) If front is full and back is empty, yes, they would ask the first few rows to move to the back and you have no choice but to oblige, as this is a safety issue.

The exit row is slightly better, not a whole not, but of course that is for 1P or higher. If you can't get those seats, I would choose seats near the middle, or from row 7 or 8 towards the back to avoid reseated.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...erj-145-a.html
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Sat in 12B this morning on a Brickyard 145 (first time on UX 145 in awhile). Loved it. Plenty of storage underneath the seat, off-boarding wasn't a concern for me, I didn't need to be anywhere and had to wait for my gate-checked bag anyways. I've got a r/t IAD-CMH on 145's next week and I'm in 12A and 12C for those, so I'll get the entire "exit row experience". Also, FWIW, I think this was a former CO bird (at least I think... in the galley the doors on the storage units all said Continental on them). Didn't get the reg... has Republic flown for CO?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Plat; B6 Mosaic; SPG Plat
Nevansm, perhaps you were on an ExpressJet ERJ-145? These are starting to come into UX service, and in fact my morning ORD-BUF goes from Mesa CRJ-200 to ExpressJet in mid-January.

Last edited by goldstj2; Dec 8, 2009 at 10:50 am
Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goldstj2
Nevan, perhaps you were on an ExpressJet ERJ-145? These are starting to come into UX service, and in fact my morning ORD-BUF goes from Mesa CRJ-200 to ExpressJet in mid-January.
It didn't say Republic on the side of the aircraft and nor did the FA say it was operated by Republic. So that's certainly possible.

Looking at my itinerary... It says it was Chautauqua operated. (Wow, was I that 'not awake' or was I still feeling the alcohol from the night before to get Republic and Chautauqua mixed up) :-P

Last edited by nevansm; Dec 8, 2009 at 10:45 am Reason: I've lost my mind. I put the exact opposite of what I wanted to write!
Old May 10, 2010, 9:27 am

Sat in 14A in an Express Jet 145 from ORD->DSM. I'll take a CRJ any day over this thing. The fuselage is excruciatingly small. The CRJ is just as uncomfortable, but at least there is some (relative) volume to it.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:26 am

Given the choice of a CRJ200 or an ERJ-145 (and talk about a Catch-22) I'll take the ERJ for the single A seat and the chance to flip up the aisle armrest in case I need more wiggle room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.