Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The ERJ-145 has 1-2 configuration, with the 2 side beginning at row 3.

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6HewvsvlU

In general, the A side provides wider seats, with armrests that can be moved out of the way using the button under the armrest where it meets the seat. The exit row (18) provides the greatest amount of legroom, although this is a regional jet with very limited space.

Many people prefer to be closer to the front (seats 1A, 2A, and 3A), while recognizing there is no overhead storage for these seats (all overhead storage is on the right side of the plane starting at row 3), however, sitting close to the front can lead to being reseated farther back to accommodate weight balance for take-off.

1A, 3CD, 18ACD are E+ seats and the rest of Row 2-5 are regular E- but are reserved for UA premier members
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's a long-standing bug on united.com.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:53 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Seat map is wrong...been reported here a few times already. You are correct A on 1 side, BC on the other.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I emailed 1KVoice about the bug..

Thank you for bringing to our attention the seat map issues with ERJ-400 equipment on United.com. It's a good thing that you are familiar with that aircraft so that you are requesting the correct, preferred seat. I will forward a copy of your email to our management team responsible for making corrections to our website. I wish I could give you an exact date as to when the problem will be fixed, but I would guess that it might take 2-3 weeks to process.

I regret that this problem is annoying you but I do understand. Hopefully, they can correct it easily once their workload allows them to address the issue.

Your safety, business, and satisfaction are very important to us, Mr. FriendlySkies. On behalf of all of us at United, we wish you and your family a very Happy New Year.
Now let's see how long it takes to fix. That email was from Jan. 19
Old Feb 1, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
OP, here is more detail on the seat map "bug" for the 145 seating (last page or two).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...erj-145-a.html

This seems to now be random as some of my flights are showing the correct seat map and others are wrong. Go figure...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:06 am
MCB

Programs: UA former 1P, WN A-List, Hyatt Pt, HH Au, Marriott Ag, SPG Pt, Accor Pt, IHG
Thanks to whomever moved my post to this topic. Needless to say, the "well known website bug" has not been fixed. It looks like it was first posted here on January 7.

I should know by now not to believe anything unusual on .bomb without checking it out. It's like urban legends and Snopes.com. But a mirror image ER4 seemed entirely reasonable, unlike what .bomb showed me for a B767 seat map a few trips back (2-6-2 would be a bit ambitious!).

OK, now I need to go try to get out of 15C.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:11 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Originally Posted by MCB
I'm on UA6151 (BTA6151) on Friday DEN-LNK. Every ExpressJet ERJ145 I've been on has had seating A|BC, that is, the single seat on the left and two seats on the right. SeatGuru shows only that config and I've never seen any other (although my experience with ER4's is not that great). The seat map for my flight, though, shows AB|C. I like the single seat and took 15C, but is that likely to be correct? Has anyone seen a "mirror image" ER4?

I've been on a zillion CRJ200s, but this is maybe my 7th or 8th flight on a ERJ145.
I posted something about this upstream a ways, and was told its a glitch in the website. Turned out to be true. So far, every CO covert plane that is now flying a UAX route, seems to be showing up as AB[]C. A is still by itself, BC are together. I hope you can change back to A.

IME, The ExpressJet ones are much nicer, newer, more comfortable, and all have the new livery paint jobs. The GoJet ones are the older, have a lack of padding, and less room under the seat ones, but still nice, compaired to the CRJ-200.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:35 am

United Embraer 145 Seating Chart Reversed?

I attempted to search, but didn't have any luck. So I'll pose my question here.

I just booked a flight through Continental. It's a United flight, so I went there to set my seat assignment. This is what I found:

Is the "C" seat really the single on the United Embraer 145? I feel like I should be picking an "A" seat, but that's the what the chart shows.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:48 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
It is a known bug. Numerous threads have been started on this. You are correct, A is the single seat.

Merge please!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
And welcome to FT!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:18 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Welcome to Flyertalk waltschmidt ^. As others have posted, it is a known bug with United's website (aka "the bomb"). See this thread starting with my post #31

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...erj-145-a.html
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:48 am
smn

Wow. I thought I was going crazy last weekend. I booked A&B on an E145 and for each of the flights was surprised that we were across the aisle from each other. I thought i had double checked a hundred times!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Spacious Bathroom

Ive been wanting to post this for 2 weeks and keep forgetting, I finally remembered while not in the air.

I have done everything in my power to avoid the bathroom in this plane, seeing as I can't stand and have to contort at a bizarre angle in the CRJ-200, I just figured the ERJ-145 would have an even smaller bathroom.

Well, on a 3 hour flight, having had too much soda beforehand, and the FA giving me the whole can of Diet Coke which rarely happens on these flights, I had to finally experience the bathroom, and boy was I wrong.

Okay, so I can't stand completely upright, but I don't have to contort at a weird angle either. I was really surprised how spacious and nice the bathroom was. Also does any one know what that trap door looking thing is on the aft wall? Is that an escape hatch?

Anyway, for those of you who may have feared the bathroom on this plane like I did, there is nothing to worry about.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
The toilets are spacious enough, but has anyone else run into a big problem with a lack of water? Especially on the XJT planes? They give you Purell wipes, which is very wrong on a number of levels.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA, AA
As of Feb18th, the seat map issue is not fixed. Furthermore, the ICC may be seeing the same thing, as I asked for seat on the single side of the plane and got 16C, which I then checked on my reservation as appearing to be single side.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by N1120A
The toilets are spacious enough, but has anyone else run into a big problem with a lack of water? Especially on the XJT planes? They give you Purell wipes, which is very wrong on a number of levels.
Yes, quite spacious and just a very tiny (n.b. very tiny) duck for me at 6' as compared to "I'll take contortionists for $200 please, Alex" on a CrJ .

Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
As of Feb18th, the seat map issue is not fixed. Furthermore, the ICC may be seeing the same thing, as I asked for seat on the single side of the plane and got 16C, which I then checked on my reservation as appearing to be single side.
My two flights (2/12 & 2/13) were 1-2/A-BC for seating and I would recommend that until the seat map issue is fixed, one requests their seat (either on-line or by phone) by letter as A will be the solo seat on the left side of the a/c (and 12A ^ if you can get it)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.