Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The ERJ-145 has 1-2 configuration, with the 2 side beginning at row 3.

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6HewvsvlU

In general, the A side provides wider seats, with armrests that can be moved out of the way using the button under the armrest where it meets the seat. The exit row (18) provides the greatest amount of legroom, although this is a regional jet with very limited space.

Many people prefer to be closer to the front (seats 1A, 2A, and 3A), while recognizing there is no overhead storage for these seats (all overhead storage is on the right side of the plane starting at row 3), however, sitting close to the front can lead to being reseated farther back to accommodate weight balance for take-off.

1A, 3CD, 18ACD are E+ seats and the rest of Row 2-5 are regular E- but are reserved for UA premier members
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Pics of Exit Row (18)

Didn't find any pics in this thread of the exit row legroom on the E145, so thought I'd provide one in an effort to help anyone with questions in the future. Taken from 18A. At 6' tall, was able to stretch out my legs completely. Surprisingly comfy in row 18 on this 1.5 hour flight.
Attached Images  
sierranevada and Kmxu like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by kac2138

I flew on one of these for the first time last week and really loved it. I couldn’t believe how smooth the ride was. I was in 5A too and could barely hear the engines. I am flying the same flight again next week and am deciding between 2A and 3A. I’m just a little afraid of sitting so close to the galley but I think there is a little more room. I definitely don’t want 1A because you have to stare at the FA, lol.
I know this is an older post, but yeah -- I fly on these planes frequently out of KFAR, and they're great for a small regional jet. The A-side gets you window + aisle, the legroom is decent, and de-boarding is quick. Much preferred to the CRJ-200 that's often used on similar routes. Subjectively, I also find them smoother.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by zoned_post_meridiem
I know this is an older post, but yeah -- I fly on these planes frequently out of KFAR, and they're great for a small regional jet. The A-side gets you window + aisle, the legroom is decent, and de-boarding is quick. Much preferred to the CRJ-200 that's often used on similar routes. Subjectively, I also find them smoother.
ERJ is of course much better than a CR2 but these days a lot of the ERJ's are getting quite shabby. They just feel outdated and dirty, I wish they'd get some interior mods but we all know there is about a 0% chance of that happening. Fingers crossed these outlive the CR2 though.

I was on a CommutAir ERJ (an ex-ExpressJet bird) a few days ago and the brakes upon landing were downright scary, I've never heard a plane make such awful sounds while braking. Those kinds of things definitely aren't a good look for United.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by VetteElite
ERJ is of course much better than a CR2 but these days a lot of the ERJ's are getting quite shabby. They just feel outdated and dirty, I wish they'd get some interior mods but we all know there is about a 0% chance of that happening. Fingers crossed these outlive the CR2 though.

I was on a CommutAir ERJ (an ex-ExpressJet bird) a few days ago and the brakes upon landing were downright scary, I've never heard a plane make such awful sounds while braking. Those kinds of things definitely aren't a good look for United.
No doubt. I'm hoping that with the introduction of the CRJ-550 (and it's much nicer cabin), they'll decide to overhaul the remaining CRJ/ERJ fleet and spruce up their regional fleet. But I'm not holding my breath either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.