Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "EWR-HNL (Seating, Meals, Service, etc.) Questions" Thread {Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "EWR-HNL (Seating, Meals, Service, etc.) Questions" Thread {Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nigos
...What impressed me was the attitude of the crew. They could have timed out but instead they continued on to HNL. I guess they looked forward to the sun with as much enthusiasm as most of the passengers...
????

They don't have a choice on timing out. If they run up against their legal limit, they can't fly anymore (or continue on).

Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
Just curious any reasons for any FTers on this forum not to choose JFK-LAX/SFO-HNL? I find the PS service out of JFK excellent with BF lie-flat seats.
Well, coming back, the lie-flats to SFO leaves very early (6:30am). Plus non-stops are preferable to connections.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 9, 2014 at 1:28 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
????

They don't have a choice on timing out. If they run up against their legal limit, they can't fly anymore (or continue on)..
Actually they can
There is the contractual / union limit (which can be waived)
and there is the FAA limit (which can not be waived).
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just curious any reasons for any FTers on this forum not to choose JFK-LAX/SFO-HNL? I find the PS service out of JFK excellent with BF lie-flat seats.
The added time getting to HNL, are you flying to HNL for the service or going on vacation? Would like UA to enhance the service on their longest domestic flight, YES, but will they, NO. So I'm not going out of my way to get a better meal... Get me on the 764, pop a pill, and wake up in HNL.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
When did they stop serving sundaes on the EWR-HNL flight?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
...because you can get a the non-stop from on the 767 with lie flats in BF? I flew NYC-SFO-OGG and OGG-HNL-EWR last June and while I had the luxury of flying in F loungers to and lie flat home my best friend with me was in Y all the way through and he would have much rather had some drinks at the airport take a sleeping pill and knock out cold (which is what he did on HNL-EWR but couldn't do on the way there).
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by Weez_1000
When did they stop serving sundaes on the EWR-HNL flight?
I can't be sure, but I think it happened when they changed to a morning departure. As much as I love dessert I don't think I would want a sundae right after breakfast.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I can't be sure, but I think it happened when they changed to a morning departure. As much as I love dessert I don't think I would want a sundae right after breakfast.
You are probably right but you land at 2pm HNL time which is 7 or 8pm EWR time. It would be nice to get that sundae a few hours before you land
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Weez_1000
You are probably right but you land at 2pm HNL time which is 7 or 8pm EWR time. It would be nice to get that sundae a few hours before you land
Just go to Lappert's. UA's "ice cream" isn't worth the calories.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Just go to Lappert's. UA's "ice cream" isn't worth the calories.
Hahaha I usually do! Right at the entrance to the HHV, but i used to enjoy my sundae on the plane even if it wasn't Lappert's
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:38 pm

We're off to HNL on Thursday in BF and am disappointed to hear that they cut the Ice Cream Sundae because they served it in October when I last flew on this route.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Actually they can
There is the contractual / union limit (which can be waived)
and there is the FAA limit (which can not be waived).
I always refer to FAA limit, but if OP was talking about union limits, I defer my referral.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by usa18dca
We're off to HNL on Thursday in BF and am disappointed to hear that they cut the Ice Cream Sundae because they served it in October when I last flew on this route.
I flew it in July 13' and they gave us a sundae. I flew it again in Jan and thought i possibly dozed off and missed it then again in late February and didn't doze off and still got no ice cream They definitely cut it but not sure when, sounds like sometime between Oct and January.

Enjoy Hawaii!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:54 pm

Is there wifi on this flight yet? the united website says coming soon... I'm booked to travel this route in May
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Not as of mid march
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
My wife was so excited for that sundae... pretty sure she's going to be devastated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.